1/3

Just Another Day

 

Pew. Pew. Pew

"Can you turn that down, please?" said Junsu with an exasperated sigh. This was the third time he had to stop writing and ask the two playing the obnoxious game to be quiet.

"Sure, sure," replied Wooyoung without taking his eyes off of the television screen.

That's what you said the last three times, thought Junsu.

"OK," interrupted Jaebum while walking out of the room that he shared with Junho, "that's enough. That's the third time I've heard Junsu ask you to be quiet and frankly, I agree. You two are being too loud. Turn it off. Now." He stopped directly in front of the TV so that the two had no choice but to look at him.

"But-" began Junho.

"No buts. Turn it off," their leader said sternly. However, at the sight of his dongsaeng's faces, his anger subsided slightly. "Just until after dinner, OK? After dinner you can play all you want. Is that ok with you?" he asked as he turned towards Junsu who was seated on the couch. Junsu nodded in reply and Jaebum returned his attention to the two on the floor. "After dinner," he repeated. Reluctantly, Wooyoung and Junho rose from the floor where they had been sitting and turned the game station off.

"Now what do you want to do?" asked Junho as he looked at his friend.

"I don't know. What do you wanna do?" replied Wooyoung, unhelpfully, as he returned the younger man's stare.

"Well, I don't know either,"Junho said with a shrug.

"I know!" suddenly exclaimed Wooyoung. "Come on, let's go to the park." Wooyoung grabbed Junho's hand and led him towards the door.

"Sure, but why?" asked the slightly puzzled Junho as he put his shoes on.

"We're going to play. Duh," Wooyoung replied while looking at his dongsaeng as if he had missed something painfully obvious.

"Oh, ok."

The door slammed, signaling that the two men had left. Jaebum, who was standing in the spot where he had scolded the two men just two minutes ago, was the first to speak.

"Did he just say that they were going to play at the park? How old is he exactly?" Jaebum said with an amazed look on his face.

"Wooyoung is a six-year-old in a twenty-year-old's body," Junsu replied from his seat on the couch with a smile and slight shake of his head.

Jaebum chuckled. "I guess you're right. Well, I'm going back to my room."

Finally, thought Junsu, I can write in peace. However, just as this happy thought entered Junsu's mind, a loud, beast-like yell erupted from the kitchen. Jaebum, who had almost succeeded in returning to his room, was the first to arrive in the kitchen. When he arrived, Jaebum noticed two things. One, Nichkhun looked very worried and two, Chansung looked as if he could and would kill someone at that moment. Jaebum quickly stood upright and asked in a tone that he hoped demanded respect, "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" Chansung repeated the question with venom in his voice. "What's wrong is that someone ate my last banana."

At this, Jaebum almost laughed. How could he not? The magnae was about to kill someone over a BANANA. However, he took one look at the younger man and knew that if he laughed he would regret it. So, instead, he opted for the much safer route and asked, "Who?"

"Well, it wasn't you or me," Junsu said, "and it wasn't Wooyoung or Junho. They were far too busy with their game to think about food."

"If it wasn't you two and it wasn't me or Junsu, then all that leaves is-" Jaebum began the dangerous statement. Blaming anyone for eating the banana with Chansung in this state, was a dangerous thing.

"Taecyeon," Chansung said in a deadly voice.

"Channie, please, calm down," Nichkhun pleaded with the young man.

As if he sensed that he was the topic of the conversation, Taecyeon walked into the room.

"Hey, what's up guys?" Taecyeon asked naively, unaware of the danger that he was in. "I heard a shout. At least, that's what I think it was. It kind of sounded like an animal." Taecyeon looked around at the other members, wondering why everyone was looking at him so strangely. It was then that he noticed that Chansung was glaring at him. Just like every other member, Taecyeon knew when the magnae was beyond angry, however, unlike every member in the room, he didn't know why. "What's wrong Chan?"

"You," replied a very angry Chansung, "You're what's wrong."

"What?"

"You ate my last banana."

"Wha-" began Taecyeon, but he remembered that he had indeed eaten Chan's banana and stopped himself. "I'm sorry."

"Fine, I forgive you," replied Chansung to everyone's astonishment.

"Wha-? You forgive me? Really?" asked a stunned Taecyeon. Everyone knew that when Chansung was angry he NEVER forgave you that easily. It was too good to be true...

"On one condition," Chansung said, "you buy me more."

"Ok," replied Taecyeon with a relieved sigh. When he had heard the mention of a condition he had tensed, wondering what horrible fate was in store for him.

"Right now," added Chansung.

"Right now?" The relief that Taecyeon had felt quickly vanished. "But it's late and I'm in pajamas."

"I don't care. You ate the banana. Therefore, you get to buy more."

"Can't you just wait until tomorrow?" asked Taecyeon. He didn't exactly feel like changing at the moment and it was the middle of winter. He hated the cold.

"No."

Jaebum, who had been quietly watching from the side, chose this moment to intervene. He knew that Taec hated the cold, but he also knew that Chansung would never give in and that Nichkhun would take Chan's side in a heart beat. Taecyeon had no chance of even hoping to beat Chansung.

"Ok, we'll go buy you more bananas. Come on, Taec," said the leader in a voice that rang with finality.

Taec, realizing that the fight was lost, followed Jae out of the kitchen with a mumbled, "I guess I have no choice." He quickly got dressed in the warmest thing he could find and met Jae at the front door.

"Ready?" The short leader asked.

"Whatever," grumbled the unhappy giant.

The two then left the apartment and began the long, cold journey to the super market.

 

 

Note: Thanks so much for reading this. It's not too fantastic, but it's some of my earliest writing. >_<"    I LOVE you all. Muah~ >3<