1004

Vault

Title: 1004

 

Genre: Slice of Life

 

Pairing: BangDae

 

A/N: Lately I’ve discovered I enjoy writing really calm and tranquil stories, don’t you guys agree? (But don’t worry, crack and fluff is still fun to write as well.) And as you can see, this is in honor of B.A.P’s new comeback yes (though it's a pretty crappy drabble to me :p Oh well.) . *^* Oh man B.A.B.Y and 1004 sound so good.

 


 

Yongguk never did really believe in angels. He was one of those who were into reality checks all the time. The divine beings were nothing more than verbal language past on from generation to generation. He never understood why people believed in such mythical creatures if you couldn't even see them. So when he met Daehyun for the first time, he was in for quite a shock.

 


 

    It was a cloudy day. The skies loomed over with a gloomy forecast. Light showers came and go, not lasting more than a mere several minutes. Trees stood still, as if frozen in time.

 

 

    Yongguk gripped onto his plain grey scarf as a sudden small gust of cold air flew past his side. Brisk steps of the foot took control of him as he instinctively walked ahead some meters before making an abrupt left and opening a black door.

 

 

    The faint familiar smell of a caramel macchiato in the making awakened himself as he scanned his surroundings for an empty table. After doing so, he dropped a case on the piece of furniture and called out for his usual.

 

 

    This coffee shop had been here ever since Yongguk moved into the small town. It was a mystery as to why he came here nearly everyday, and although it was tiny for its size, he found it spacious and suitable enough for it to be a daily part of him. He enjoyed the drinks here, having almost tasted every one to his amazement, and the cozy atmosphere embraced him gently with a familiar warmth.

 

 

    A call for his name and a drink signaled Yongguk to whip his head around, and after setting his coat down on the chair next to his table, began to make his way to the register. Just as he was about to get a straw and a couple other things for his beverage, he bumped into another person getting his drink, resulting in the cup of straws to spill and scatter across the beige tiled floor. Smooth Yongguk, smooth.

 

 

    Yongguk instinctively knelt to the floor, where he muttered a polite apology and began to help the boy pick up the thin tubes. Simultaneously, the two were going to grab the last straw, resulting in them placing their over each other’s accidently, just like in those cheesy dramas.

 

 

    A light blush scattered over Yongguk’s cheeks as he mumbled an apology. The two then looked each other in the eyes, and Yongguk was met with large childlike mocha brown orbs, while the other was met with stern onyx ones. They both immediately looked away with embarrassment. Damn you cheesy Korean dramas.

 

 

    “Well, this is kind of awkward...?” the man spoke. He looked a bit younger than Yongguk, who replied back with a “Yeah..”.

 

 

“Sorry about that,” the seemingly younger one apologized nonchalantly. A hint of an accent was clear in his voice.

 

 

The usual comfortable aura of the café was displaced by an awkward and stiff atmosphere as the two slowly began to stand up, Yongguk scratching the back of his head sheepishly. The person cleared his throat to break the silence.

 

 

“So...um...what’s your name?”

 

 

“Sorry?”

 

 

“Your name...I’m Daehyun.” He put out his hand hesitantly in front of Yongguk, who reluctantly shook it in return.

 

 

“Uh, hey. I’m Yongguk.”

 

 


 

“Once again, sorry for that earlier.” Daehyun spoke. Yongguk let out a light chuckle.

 

 

“Oh no, it’s fine. It was an accident anyways.” He took a sip of his coffee.

 

 

After that “little incident” the two liked to called it, Daehyun immediately struck up a conversation with Yongguk, and in no time the two became a little closer than they were a couple of hours ago. Yongguk learned that Daehyun was planning to major in the singing arts, and Daehyun learned that Yongguk was majoring in composing arts. He also learned that Daehyun had a profound love for food, and subtly persuaded him to buy the younger a slice of cheesecake, to which Yongguk agreed.

 

 

Daehyun glanced at the clock that read 8:42 PM. The pair had been talking there for more than two hours or so, and the sky was beginning to dim to a soft pinkish yellow. He stood up and grabbed his coat, all the while exchanging phone numbers with Yongguk, and headed out the door with a tiny chime of the bells and a “Goodbye.”

 

 

Yongguk sat there for a while soon after that, guitar propped out from his suitcase onto his lap, occasionally playing a chord or two. Eventually, the owner of the coffee shop kindly asked him to leave, and so he was back out in the open public again, making his way back to his small apartment with somehow, more cheerful steps.

 

 


 

    To this day, Yongguk still does not believe in angels, and couldn’t care for them less anyways, but with Daehyun, he was willing to make an exception.