Chapter 21

That's Not Possible!

Chanhee woke up sweating. Oh no, not cold sweat, but it was simply just too hot in the living room. Someone had turned the AC off and left it off. He stood up and looked around for the AC remote.

Ah! There it is!

He snatched the AC remote from the coffee table and pressed the power button. The AC’s red light blinked once then turned yellow. Chanhee sighed in relief and sat back down on the sofa.

He was about to doze off when a cute female voice made him open his eyes again.

“Chanhee oppa?”

Chanhee heard shuffling from his left. He turned his head to look and found Hyeri looking at him.

“Hm? Something wrong?” he asked her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Hyeri shook her head. “Did you turn the AC on again?” Chanhee nodded. “Why? Was it you who turned it off?” Hyeri nodded. “It’s cold.”

Chanhee chuckled. “Why didn’t you tell me? I’m a cuddly person. I can keep you warm.”

“You were asleep.” Hyeri simply answered.

Chanhee chuckled again. “Come here.” Hyeri shuffled closer to Chanhee and he wrapped his arms around her petite figure. She laid her her on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

“Thanks, oppa.” She whispered.

Chanhee kissed her forehead and said, while smiling to himself, “You’re welcome, Hyeri.”

***

The next morning when Hyeri woke up on the sofa, in Chanhee’s arms, she found her friends still sleeping, whether sprawled out on the floor or leaning on other’s knees or huddled together on the other sofa. She squirmed out of Chanhee’s embrace and stood up, rubbing the sleep in her eyes away. She staggered to the kitchen and found Byunghun bent over the stove, pouring a thick yellow liquid into a heated pan.

“Byunghun,” she croaked.

Byunghun turned around abruptly, his free hand clutching his chest. “Oh my gosh, Hyeri! You scared the living hell out of me!”

Hyeri found herself rolling on the floor laughing.  She grabbed the edge of a marble counter to support herself and stood up. “Sorry Byunghun.” She apologized, still wheezing from laughter.

“No problemoo.” Byunghun answered, scattering kimchi over the yellow liquid. Hyeri stood beside him and watched him cook. “Omelette?” she asked. Byunghun nodded and folded the egg over the kimchi.

“So you can actually cook, huh, Byungie? Didn’t know you could.” Hyeri teased.

Byunghun laughed. “Didn’t know I could, too,” he said, dropping the omelette on a plate. Hyeri grabbed two pairs of chopsticks and handed just one to Byunghun. He frowned. “Just one? What about the other one? I can’t eat with just one chopstick.”

Hyeri gave in and handed him the other stick after a series of aegyo attacks. They both laughed and started to eat the omelette.

After a while Chanhee came in, still groggy from the long hours of sleep. “Hey Chanhee hyung.” “Hi oppa.” Chanhee’s mood immediately lit up when he heard Hyeri’s voice. “Hyeri! Jagi! Did you cook this?” he asked, lightly kissing her cheeks.

Byunghun pouted. “Actually, oppa, Byungie cooked this.” Hyeri pointed out, giggling. Chanhee shrugged and sat down next to her. “Hish ish gudsh,” he mumbled, mouth full. Hyeri hit his shoulder and said, “Don’t talk with your mouth full. It’s gross.”

Chanhee grinned, a piece of kimchi stuck between his teeth. “Sorry.”

***

“It’s the weekend! What do you guys want to do?” Niel asked, stretching. He was still in his sleeping clothes, dark brown hair still messed up and pointing towards all directions. Eunbi, still slumped on the sofa, yawned and kicked his leg. “You haven’t even showered yet. How can you start planning activities already?”

“I’m asking now so we don’t argue on where we’re going later on.” Niel stated, pushing his way through Changjo’s man-barrier. Changjo jolted up from his sleeping position on the floor and pulled his legs up, allowing Niel to pass. “Niel hyung pisses me off,” he grumbled, standing up. He stretched and turned the TV on. “I wonder what’s on this early in the morning. I never wake up this early.”

Changjo accidentally switched to the news channel.

Breaking news! There has there has been a car crash on 25th Avenue. A pick-up truck crashed into a taxi at 6:43 a.m and the cause was suspected to be a sleepy truck driver, who is revealed to have gone on an over-night trip. The two drivers were lucky to be saved by the airbags. However, the couple who had taken the taxi were badly injured. Both were sent to the Seoul Hospital.”

Changjo jolted up and ran into the kitchen. “Hyeri noona, I think you better see this.”