The Wedding

Heir & Heiress

Should I wear the pearl one or the diamond one? 

Im Yoona bent her body towards the mirror on her grand vanity dressing table as she looked through her reflection with different earring on each ear. It had been 15 minutes since her make up was done, but she still couldn't decide on which earrings that should accompany her to the Wedding tonight. Her make up artist and hairdresser just shook their heads in confusion as Yoona kept asking about what to wear.

"Ah, come on, Unnie. Which one is better?" asked Yoona once again to her make up artist.

"I prefer the diamond one, Ms. Yoona. It suits your make-up more," said Jiwon while stealing glances at Hyonwoo, the hairdresser.

"Your opinion, please?" Yoona asked her hairdresser. Looking at Hyunwoo who seemed hesitating, Yoona added, "honestly."

"Honestly? I love the pearl one because it suits your Chignon Bun," said Hyunwoo while looked sorry to Jiwon.

"I like the diamond one better," suddenly the voice of a familiar man accompanied by the sound of Prada Apron-Toe Bluchers against the wooden floor approached her walk-in closet's door, "the one made by Munnu Kasliwal, right? Such a great designer. I hope to meet him, but unfortunately he died years ago."

Yoona looked up and saw the reflection of a man wearing a black Brunello Cucinelli Classic Suit in her mirror. She quickly turned her head and found her cousin there, leaning against the edge of the door. He smiled at her, a kind of smile that reflected a familiar feeling like a brother to his sister.

"Seulong Oppa!" Yoona got up abruptly from her seat, too excited to meet her cousin whom she had not seen for months. She hugged him like she missed him so much. "Why don't you tell me that you came back from the US?"

"I thought I'd told your Dad that I would attend Gary Hyung's wedding. Didn't he tell you?" Seulong slightly patted Yoona's head.

"He didn't tell me anything! Ah, I bet he's busy with his business nowadays," replied Yoona. She tilted her head as she looked up to his face, "when did you arrive? You really look good."

Seulong looked at his Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Watch and said, "Probably at 3 PM. I had gone directly to the Headquarter to meet your Dad before I came here."

"You should've come here first to greet me, Oppa," said Yoona as she left Seulong and went back to her dressing table. She wore the Round Cut Diamond Drop Earrings on her ears and put back the pearl one into her jewelry box.

"You know I don't want to bother you when you're busy with your beauty time," Seulong chuckled, "now don't let me distract you. I'll be watching TV in your room, okay?"

The sound of Seulong's footstep leaving her walk-in closet was followed by the sound of a TV being switched on.

For Yoona who grew up as the only child in Chairman Im's family, Seulong was a figure of a big brother to her. He taught her many things, played with her when she was alone at the house, and he protected her like his own little sister. Since Yoona was already big enough to understand about her family's business, his father asked his younger brother's son to teach her some basic that she needed to know. Seulong was the brightest youngster in Im's family, so Chairman Im believe that Seulong could be a good mentor for her. Since then, Seulong occasionally lived in her house and taught her a thing or two about their family's business.

Once again, Yoona looked at the reflection of her Jovani Embellished Backless Gown in the mirror, checking whether her Giuseppe Zanotti Crystal Ankle Cuff Sandals matched well with the details of her gown. Feeling satisfied, she thanked her make up artist and her hairdresser, telling them that their work had done. She kept reminding herself that she needed to add bonus to their fees.

"Look at my cousin," Seulong couldn't resist to look away from the breaking news at the TV to take a glance at Yoona who walked closer to him, "I bet even Greek Goddess will be very envious of your beauty."

"Stop being so cheesy. Has US' weather changed you or what?" Yoona snorted. She widened her eyes as she sat next to him, looking at a mini champagne bucket in front of her, "Dom Perignon? Why would someone order champagne at 5 PM?"

"It's for celebrating our reunion, Yoona-yah," Seulong got up from his seat and started pouring the Vintage 2004 champagne to an empty champagne glass, "5 PM is already a normal time for drinking. I often order cold beer at lunch in US."

Yoona received the glass and thank him quietly. "What a fuss... The last time we met was just 3 months ago, Oppa."

"We celebrate the present, Yoona-yah. Let's cheers," Seulong raised his glass to meet Yoona's.

They cheered on their toast and drank Seulong's favorite champage which had almond and cocoa aromas inside every sip of it. Seulong also ordered a plate of smoked salmon and langres cheese to compliment their "afternoon champagne time". He reminded himself that they could not be drunk, because glasses of fine wines will be presented in tonight's wedding. Seulong was very sure that the wines would have excellent qualities, because Song's Family was known as one of the biggest shareholder in several Chateau in Europe. They were also the main importer of varieties of wine and champagne to South Korea.

"But, isn't this gown too revealing?" asked Seulong as he observed the black gown with embellished mesh paneling that exposed her , "I think you should wear a fur coat or something."

"Eey, you said the same thing as Jonghyun did when I sent him the photo of this gown," Yoona rolled her eyes while touching the embellished at the shoulder part, "I wonder why both of you are really protective of me. I like this gown though, the design is great."

Upon hearing Yoona mentioned the middle son of Lee family, Seulong unconsciously squinted his eyes while sipping his champagne. "How's Jonghyun doing? Does he still linger around you?"

"We still linger around each other, Oppa. After all, how big our world is?" answered Yoona, a little irritated, "why do you seem so cynical about him?"

"I don't, Yoona-yah. I just ask you because I haven't met Jonghyun for awhile. I meet Donghae Hyung from time to time because he often travel to US, but the last time I met Jonghyun was on our last families gathering last year."

Yoona sighed as she wiped the corner of with a napkin. "Jonghyun has mentioned to me several times on how he feels like you don't really like him. Somehow I also feel it's true."

"It's not that I don't like him, Yoona-yah. He's a decent, well-born, and reputable guy," Seulong sipped the remaining of the champagne in his glass, "but, let's just say that I am liking him is different than how my respect towards him."

"I don't understand. What are you implying?" Yoona pouted in confusion.

Seulong just smiled knowingly, without bothering to answer her question. Then, someone knocked the door of Yoona's chamber.

"Young Master, Lady," a maid in blue uniform called them in respect, "Madam Im wishes for your attendance in the chandelier room. She says it's time."

"Well, it's time for us to go," Seulong put his champagne glass down, "come on, Yoona-yah."


~~~
 

That night, S Hotel was changed into a glamor and special wedding reception venue. A long red carpet was put in front of the entrance door, where many photographers from medias gathered to take some photos of the socialites, artists, celebrities, and even several ministers from the government. The wedding was held in the Grand Ballroom, where the tables were arranged according to the family's name.

Lee Jonghyun had lost the count of his champagne glasses as he stood behind his mother, looked bored. Madam Lee was talking to Minister of Finance who was also invited. He tried to spot where Jungshin was, but he couldn't notice him in the crowds. He searched for his friends, but he also couldn't tell where they were.

"Tired of posing for the media?"

Without even having to turn his head, he already knew who it was from her voice. "Unlike you, I don't like being captured and interviewed by the media about my suits and hairstyle."

"It's so you, isn't it?" Yoona stepped closer to him.

Jonghyun turned his head, observing her. "I think I've already told you that your dress is too revealing."

"But it looks good on me, right?" Yoona smiled at him.

"Yeah," Jonghyun sipped on his champagne, "you look great."

"You too. I love how the suits perfectly fit to your body. It shows your muscles well," she said as she touched his arm.

Before Madam Lee left them to mingle with other Chairman and discuss about their companies, she greeted Yoona and praised her appearance. She also asked where Madam Im was, in which Yoona replied that she was talking with Madam Choi.

They were talking about each other's appearance—in fact, it was Yoona who talked while Jonghyun just listened—when the stars of the night walked together to their direction. Kang Gary and Song Jihyo.

"Do I see the next groom and bride in front of me?" asked Gary in a joking manner.

"Living with her for the rest of my life?" Jonghyun looked at Yoona and they giggled together, "I am sure that I'll never be bored."

"That's the purpose of marriage, Jonghyun-ah: to avoid being bored for the rest of your life," answered Gary as he patted Jonghyun's arm.

"Congratulations, Unnie! So happy seeing both of you finally tied the knot," Yoona hugged Song Jihyo, who looked stunning in her Vera Wang wedding gown.

"I hope that you will follow us soon, Yoona-yah," Jihyo hugged her back.

Three photographers surrounded them and asked to capture the four of them. Jonghyun stood far behind the couple, making Yoona needed to pull him closer. She nagged and told him to smile widely, because Jonghyun seemed so frigid. Gary and Jihyo laughed at them, thinking that they had always been cute since they were little.

"I will throw my bouquet soon. Come and join the rest of your unnies there," Jihyo pointed at their friends who mingled in the middle of the ballroom.

"Sure! Let's go there, Jonghyun-ah," Yoona slightly pulled his right wrist.

"Okay, but I won't help you if you happen to be in a catfight with other women," Jonghyun answered.

Kang Gary and Song Jihyo bid themselves to leave because they needed to thank people around them. Yoona finished her champagne and put the empty glass on a tray that was brought by the waitress. She pulled Jonghyun's arm and he let her held it as they strolled the Ballroom. They saw some familiar figures chatting with each other. Upon their presence, one of the woman with brunette hair immediately approached them.

"Here, here," said a woman in a Carolina Herrera Bee and Floral Jacquard Gown, "the siblings from different dinasty."

"Ah! Taeyeon Unnie!" Yoona directly hugged her, "I miss you so much! You just came back from Paris?"

"Yeah, I need to run the newest boutique branch there. Hey! I also brought him along with me," Taeyeon pointed at someone in Kiton Black Wool Suit who stood behind her, smiling at them.

"Hyung!" Jonghyun immediately grabbed the man's shoulder, "you finally come home!"

It was Kim Soohyun, the oldest son of Kim Family, who was also a figure of a big brother to Jonghyun. He grinned widely and hugged Jonghyun back with his left arm. A glass of white wine was held on his right hand.

"Still doing your sport routine, I see," Soohyun gripped Jonghyun's arm, "it's firm. Your shape is good."

"You flatter me, Hyung. Still, no one can beat you in taekwondo," said Jonghyun.

"It's been too long since my last practice. I am too busy studying and running my father's company at the same time, " Soohyun said, "let's practice together sometime. I will be staying in Korea longer this time."

As Soohyun chatted with Jonghyun about his study in France, Yoona busily mingled with her unnies beside him. She talked about the latest Spring/Summer Collection of Valentino with Taeyeon and Jessica. Not far from them, Jungshin chatted happily with Jiyoung, while Minhyuk occasionally made a glare to Jungshin who seemed to be too happy. Yonghwa would giggle at them while talking about Jung Group's joint business with Kang Sora and Choi Sooyoung from Choi Family.

A relax gathering that included almost all of the young generations of their families was rare to find. A routine gathering was only held once a year in December, near the Christmas holiday. All of them were busy with their own business, studies, and other activities. So they always loved catching up with each other at times like this. They would talk about everything, from their business to their lives.

Not long after that, the time for throwing bouquet came. The women rushed themselves to the front, leaving the men who looked at them in awe.

"I am going to throw this bouquet. I wish all of you goodness for your life. But for you who manage to catch this, I hope that you will follow us soon. And you will share the same happiness as I am right now," Jihyo said as she glanced at her husband who smiled happily beside her.

She threw it. The crowds gathered to catch it.

It flew right on to Jessica's embrace.

"I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" she screamed in happiness to her friends, who giggled along with her.

"I hope it means that you're going to marry Donghae Oppa very soon!" said Jiyoung in excited way.

Yoona also hugged her and told her the same wish as Jiyoung's. In between her laughs, she managed to catch a glimpse at Jonghyun. He was also looking at her. Their eyes met and Yoona grinned at him.

Unconsciously, Jonghyun's lips formed a smile.

"It's been a long time, Jonghyun-ah."

Jonghyun turned his head and found a man who was holding a wine glass beside him.

"Ah, Seulong Hyung," Jonghyun bowed immediately, a bit frigid, "how are you? Great to see you here."

"Is it?" Seulong asked him back, "but you don't seem too happy to see me."

Jonghyun just smiled, not knowing what to reply. Somehow, he always felt that there was an invisible barrier between him and Seulong. He did not know why. Unlike his relationship with Yonghwa, Soohyun, or even Siwon from Choi Group that was friendly and relaxing, their relationship was more formal. They never talked much. Just a simple hello, this and that talk, and goodbye.

"How are you doing these days? Still not knowing what to do with your life?" asked Seulong, somehow intriguing him.

"Ah, I am still thinking about studying abroad. And practice my business lessons at my Dad's company, of course," he answered politely.

Seulong smiled flatly as he sipped his red wine. "Yeah? Well, try harder. You need to settle before you can achieve something else."

"What do you mean by something else?"

"Well, like getting a position in the company's committee. Or marriage."

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. Those things were the ones that seldom touched his mind. He knew that he was still considering about joining his family's business—even though he did not reveal it to anyone yet—but marriage? It was a long way ahead. What was this Hyung implying, actually?

"What do you think about Soohyun?" in between their awkward moment, Seulong asked him that.

"Soohyun Hyung?" asked Jonghyun in surprise. "Well... he is like a brother to me. I really admire his determination for everything he does."

"That I know. But that's not what I mean," Seulong replied, with an indescribable smile on his face.

"So, what do you mean, Hyung?" Jonghyun now tried to entangle Seulong's riddle.

"What do you think about Soohyun," Seulong turned his head to the right, making Jonghyun followed his direction, "marrying Yoona?"

In front of them, Jonghyun could see Soohyun and Yoona talking to each other. She looked happy, laughing with Soohyun about something that Jonghyun did not know. At one point, his eyes met with Soohyun's. Soohyun smiled at him for a second, before he turned his head to look at Yoona again.

Somehow he could hear Yoona's and Soohyun's laughs buzzing in his ears.

 

 


Author's Note:

Hello everyone! It's been more than a month since my last update. I hope you guys aren't mad at me. Especially this semester, my schedule is really tight. The inspiration just doesn't come along that much, so I need to find the time to dig into it.

Subscribe, comment, and upvote if you are interested. Thank you! xx

P.s: Kindly read my new fanfic of Krystal F(X) and Kai EXO: querencia.