Happy

Suddenly Everlasting (Tawaran Trilogy, #3)

08/11/14

Hello all readers who are still here! So, it's been almost a year since I updated this story... Sorry about that! It was my third year in college, and things were just getting too crazy. Not to mention, I was having a writer's block... I'm still not quite sure about the details of this story, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to comment down below! And without further ado, here is the first chapter of Suddenly Everlasting :) Enjoy!


 

            “Mama, Mama!” cried a child around the age of three. He ran towards his mother. “Guess what I did today!”

            “Hmm, let me guess,” his mother kneeled down to face her son. “Did you learn how to write your name, Myungsoo?”

            The child’s excited face turned into a frown. “No fair, Mama. Daddy told you!”

            “Now, now, Myungie, Daddy doesn’t tell me everything,” his mother reached down to pat his head. She turned to the man behind her. “Isn’t that right, Taecyeon?”

            “Your mother asked me just before you came home,” Taecyeon winked at his son. “Be careful on your way to the fountain today, Myungie. You’re going to trip.”

            The tiny child crossed his arms and pouted. “I’m not going to trip!”

            Taecyeon laughed and knelt down with his wife. He touched the tip of his son’s nose. “Now, you’re not.”

            “Run along, now,” Yoona gently placed her hands on her child’s back. “Your cousin is getting lonely waiting for you.”

            “Jiyong always has advisors surrounding him. He won’t get lonely,” Myungsoo reasoned.

            “That’s not true,” Taecyeon said. “You can get lonely even with people surrounding you.”

            He wraps an arm around Yoona. “I was very lonely until I met your mother.”

            “Eww,” Myungsoo cringed. “Alright, I’m going.”

            “Don’t forget to watch your step,” Yoona called out as her son ran out the door.

            When their son was out of sight, the married couple stood up and turned to each other.

            “See, I told you,” Taecyeon reached for Yoona’s hand. “You wouldn’t regret having him.”

            “Yeah, yeah,” Yoona rolled her eyes and she let Taecyeon take her hand. “How many times have you told me this?”

            “Not enough times,” Taecyeon smirked.

            “And when will you deem it enough?”

            “When you agree to have another one with me."

            Yoona laughed. "In your dreams, mister."

            She walked toward their bedroom.

            "You won't regret it," Taecyeon grinned. He followed her inside.

            "I'll think about it if you close the door," Yoona suggested as she took off covering.

            Taecyeon smiled like a kid during Christmas. "Your wish is my command."

            ::::

            Myungsoo had come back home, the family had a joyful dinner, and Myungsoo was put to sleep.

            As their child was sleeping, Yoona and Taecyeon walked over to their own bedroom. They lied down on the bed together, and Taecyeon started playing with Yoona’s fingers. She hummed at his touch and smiled as she closed her eyes.

            “Taecyeon, I’m so happy,” she turned her head to face him. “I met my other half, and we have a child together. Another child might be along the way.”

            Taecyeon reached out and pulled her into his arms. “But?”

            “But I’m so happy that it scares me,” she admits with wide eyes. “This feeling is too good to be true.”

            She buries her head into his chest. “This life that we’re living, this love that we share, it won’t last forever.

            “Eventually, we’ll die and become reincarnated. We will lead completely separate lives, and while I won’t remember anything, you will continue on with all your memories of your past lives still intact. This particular moment will become a mere speck in your memory. This love that we share will be forgotten as you move on with your life.”

            “That won’t happen,” Taecyeon replied with confidence.

            Yoona looked hopefully up at her husband. “It won’t?”

            “My life, no matter how long it lasts, will never be complete without you.”

            Yoona smirks at his cheesy profession of love. He laughs and pulls her closer to him.

            “I’m serious! I must have done something right to be able to earn someone like you in this life.”

            “Hmm, maybe you saved a king or something.”

            He smiles as he looks at her clear eyes. “Yeah, I probably saved a king. But I promise you that you will always be the only one for me.”

            Yoona’s eyebrows furrowed. “How do you know for sure?”

            “Love, let me into your mind, and I can tell you about our future together.”

            After a moment of hesitation, she nods her head.

            Taecyeon closes his eyes and waits. Then, he smiles.