The Poet

Unfortunate Events

 

First week of class has gone fast. Dara and Ah In’s routine has been the same as much as So Eun, Il Woo and Ji Yong. However it was very visible that there’s an academic competition between Dara and So Eun despite the friendly air between them that has started when Dara escorted her home once.  Yet So Eun does not hide the fact that she dislikes Dara’s friend; Ah In.

 

“Eating books.” Ah In commented seeing Dara and So Eun making something like a project during their break. Dara looked at him while So Eun just continued. Dara motioned Ah In to join them but the guy just slump at the chair he dragged near Dara. Seeing him being a bum again, Dara fished one of her notebook and ordered the guy to at least pretend reading while he waits for her to finish.

 

Ah In then lazily flipped the notebook. A certain page made him stop from flipping it to another page. He curiously looked at it and smiled to himself. Kissed Dara on the forehead which the made the girl eye him with a deadly glare. “What.” The scene was not caught unnoticed by three persons: Yeon Hee, Ji Yong and So Eun whose irritation was pretty much visible.

 

Ah In cleared his throat noisily before reading something from Daras’ notebook.

Was is your eyes

Or was it your lips

That I kept on hearing

Strange sound from my right chest?

 

Ah In was not finish reading when Ji Yong tried to grab the notebook away from him but failed. Ah In smirked at the guy then looked at Dara teasingly. “Ooh, I just caught your POET.”

 

“Yah!” Ji Yong shouted. Which made Ah In laugh harder.

“Give me that.” Dara commanded.

Ji Yong sweated hard. He cast Ah In a pleading look but to no avail, the guy followed Daras’ order. And as Ah In hand the notebook, Ji Yong snatched it away from her and tossed it to his best friend and mouthed run! Which Jung Il Woo did even if he is confused.

“What was that?” Dara stated angrily eying both Ji Yong and Ah In.

She was even furious when Ji Yong run to catch his best friend and Ah In smirked, his usual gesture.  

 

“Sand you got yourself a POET.” Ah In whispered Dara before sitting but then stopped as he found So Eun watching him and Dara with disgust. He rose and went near her dragging his feet lazily with his hands inside the pocket.

“What are you looking at PRINCESS?”

“Hey.” Dara warned her. Ah In smiled a bit ready to go as what Dara ordered but gets fired again when So Eun sighed not because of fright or relief but because of frustration.

“Watch your attitude PRINCESS.” he said almost touching So Euns’ ears with his lips.

It made Dara pulled him away from So Eun and made an apologetic gesture. So Eun just stared at them, with horror in her eyes.

 

“What is happening to you?” Dara asked Ah In when they are out of earshot.

Ah In rested his back on the tree and answered. “I don’t like her. You should too. She is making you WORRY and BUSY.”

“Yah!”

“You are hanging more with her.” he stared at her sheepishly.

Dara chuckled. “Jealous?”

“NO! More of worried.”

“Of what?”

“You.”

“Why?”

“Are you pretending to be nice with her?” Ah In eyed her.

“What made you think of me like that?”

“She’s a competition. Additional to Bom.”

 

Dara sighed. It was true. Because of So Eun, she studies harder, hangs out with Ah In less and now, she is endangered of becoming top TWO.

“See.” Ah In stated reading his bestfriends’ thoughts.

“I’m not pretending. She is nice.”

“Burden.”

“Come on. I don’t mix personal with business. You know I fight fair.”

“Whatever you say.” Ah In surrendered and s his arms on Daras’ shoulder then grinned as he spotted Ji Yong ducking his head as he saw them.