Cold Fairy

Unfortunate Events

 

After their conversation, Dara left Ah In who doesn’t want to be around So Eun. Dara went to her seat and finished the thing she is working on with So Eun before the ruckus with Ah In and Ji Yong.

So Eun smiled as they finished their task. Dara then too smiled. When the silence has enveloped them, So Eun bowed her head a little before asking Dara. “Are you dating?”

“Yes.” Dara answered with one of her brows up not grasping what her new friend is talking about.  

“Ah In.”

“Ah. No and yes. We are hanging out but if you’re thinking of more than that, we are not. See we are best of friends.” Dara explained.

“I don’t get it. You’re on top. Pretty, friendly, and nice. I don’t want to be rude but he is a bit ill-tempered and ill mannered. Why hang out with him?” So Eun confessed and asked at the same time.

“He’s actually nice.” Dara simply answered.

“Maybe. Just with you. Then, he bullies everyone. Oh, he doesn’t bully the silent girl, was it Yeon...” So Eun trailed off.

“Yeon Hee.” Dara frowned a bit then tried to smile again before answering.

“He is just playful and attention seeker. But he is very nice.”

“I don’t know.” So Eun replied.

“You are even observing him.” Dara teased.

“Because I want to be close to the first person who actually befriended me on my first day.” So Eun shyly answered with her cheeks blushing.

Dara just smiled. Thinking that for a long time, she wanted a friend. Of course aside from Ah In, someone who will understand her girly needs when she becomes more and more manly from hanging with Ah In a lot. Someone who won’t be intimidated with her unlike some of her so called girlfriends. But she is uncertain with her feelings for So Eun who seemed to be vying for top ONE in class which she doesn’t want to lose. Yet she still wants to try. As she has said, personal matters don’t mix with business.

 

Kwon Ji Yong together with Il Woo approached Dara at the canteen while she Ah In and So Eun are eating their lunch. “Can we join you?”

Both So Eun and Ah In looked uncertain and unwilling. Ah In doesn’t like both the guys specially the noisy Il Woo while So Eun doesn’t like more company.

“It’s fine with me but I don’t think Ah In and So Eun would want that.” Dara answered.

“OH.”Il Woo just answered then turned his back easily convinced.

Ji Yong looked for something in his bag then shyly hand it to Dara. Her science notebook. “Here.”

Dara looked at him. Then icily answered. “It’s yours. I had a new one thanks to So Eun, I guess you like it that much even running like wild a little while.”     

Ji Yong bowed his head defeated and clutched the notebook firmly before leaving. There were tears popping from his eyes but he blinked them away. Slowly, he dragged himself towards Il Woo who is forcing himself at Yeon Hee. Dara followed her gaze at him, smiling that Yeon Hee is starting to open up herself. Maybe.

“Smiling.” Ah In poked Dara then offered to feed Dara which she accepted.

Ah In followed Dara’s eyes leading to Yeon Hee, to Il Woo then to Ji Yong. So Eun did the same but did not manage to see any relevance as to what the best of friends are looking.

“I sensed it coming. Those guys use the shortcut on their way home.” Ah In explained. 

 Dara just nodded. She noticed So Eun being left behind. So she offered to feed So Eun who shyly accepted even blushing.

“Yah! You don’t even feed me.” Ah In complained. In turn he received rather a poking food on his mouth both from Dara and So Eun at the same time. Followed by a messy Ah In and chuckling of the girls. Ah In pouted to which Dara carefully wiped the stain on his mouth making So Eun blush and the lurking Ji Yong.

“In-ah, I’ll be sleeping at my aunt’s house for three days. Guess you don’t need to...” Dara trailed remembering that So Eun is with them.

“Oh, no one is going to make my assignment anymore.” He pouted then added “I’ll still fetch you and give you a ride home.”

Dara smiled. “You can give So Eun a ride her driver seems to be late everyday.”

“NOOOOOO!” the two chorused.

“It’s fine.” So Eun pointed out. “She said it. She’s fine.” Ah In even back-up.

“Yah. You two should try to get along. Maybe you can give So Eun a ride every afternoon. Then fetch me every morning. Just the same.”

Ah In angrily turned to So Eun. “Know what? You should try to fire that driver. Or try to force him to fetch you home earlier.”

So Eun ignored him. “I am fine really. I’ll tell Tatay to fetch me earlier. Papa is just busy lately.”

“Please.” Dara made her very first aegyo infront of So Eun to which Ah In scowl in disbelief.    

“You only make that face to me and you are making this PRINCESS see it?” while saying and bantering the words, he covered So Eun eyes with one hand the other throwing his handkerchief on Daras’ face. So Eun struggled while Dara just pouted. Then Dara heard. “OK.” From the unwilling duo.