2

Restricted Soul

She was right in front of me but at the same time, she wasn't. My brain is muddled, my whole body shackling, my limbs chilling, my lips trembling. Am I in a dream? Is what am I seeing now reality?

 

She was sitting right before me and I'm staring through her, how so? She looks like a ghost, phantom, and an invisible thing.

 

My mind could not accommodate what my own eyes are seeing right now. I-it's a-a dream...i-it can't be real! My trail of thought was totally interrupted by a soft, kind, delicate voice that spoke calmly; it is coming from the girl.

 

"It's you again."

 

I stayed still in my spot and didn't spare a step; not farther nor closer. In fact; I simply couldn't, my body refused to move.

 

"Did you think I was real?" She muttered ever so calmly in the same voice tone.

 

W- what!? I gasped inwardly and stepped two steps back in full fear and shock and disbelief, it didn't stopped her, though, from completing her talk or whatever she was doing.

 

"O-ok, it looks like I have to tell you the truth." She stuttered in a weird tone; I swear that I have never ever heard like it before, it's a mixture of despair and fear, and sadness.

 

I don't really know how or when, and can't even define if it was me who talked finally or not. Everything around me didn't seem real momentarily. On top of that, I ignored my fears and shock and stuttered lowly.

 

"W-who a-are you? A-and w-what's your name?"

 

I really was not sure what was I am thinking about, but these are the first words that popped into my mind randomly and I said it.

 

"M-my name's Lumi, and I'm a student in this school since two years ago." She mumbled lowly.

 

"T-then, why does nobody know you?" I said nervously while I intertwined my hands together and started to rub them in fear and nervousness. I didn't want to ask that and get an answer that could shock me more than I already am, but even though, my curiosity didn't fail me even in such a satiation like this.

 

"B-because, I'm a half-dead." Lumi stuttered in a throttled and inaudible voice.

 

That what I was totally expecting and tried to ignore; or I have to say that, that's what I am afraid to hear.

 

I stepped a two more steps backward and all what I was thinking about was that it is a definitely a dream, that what is happening in front of me is just an illusion, just a fiction. It is impossible for a human brain to believe that a half-dead person is sitting right in front of them, talking casually, and her body is invisible too. Or even that it is possibly for half-dead people to exist in the whole existence. And with all those thoughts that drew in my mind in passivity and lack of ratification and limited human thinking, there was a glimmer, in the very back of my thoughts, of a thought that it could be real, not a dream but a science, reality.

 

I have to believe it, because the world is full of mysteries that a weak human mind cannot absorb.

 

I turn to steal a glance at her to find her shaking her head slightly while her head is hanging down.

 

"D-don't go, I-I'll tell you my story and I want you to believe me and help me...please." She murmured with a voice tone full of despair.

 

Was it her tone, or her look, or what's in the back of my mind that had appropriated my thoughts and forced me on moving, I do not know. I really do not know. However, even though I sat in front of her separated by only a step away, I stared at her intently to hold my eyes with the sight, to fill my mind with the sight, to be able to distinguish between what is fact or fiction.

 

The girl started to speak with a whole different tone, I never in my life heard like it before. I don't deny that it had despair and sadness, but is sounded doubled, like she's talking from the bottom of her heart with loss of hope and yet again, despair.

 

"I was sixteen, I was nicknamed as the 'beauty queenka', but I didn't think, not even for a second, that I deserved that nickname anyway, because I don't usually care for my outlook nor my clothes and makeup.

 

One day I had a friend, or I have to say an enemy, who was the girlfriend of the most ' famous' guy in the school called Sehun. He was handsome, and every girl wished that he'll at least glance at them. When I attended this school, he seemed, in some way, to like me and started to break up slowly with his girlfriend to be close to me. He was using our friendship for his own advantage to be close to me. The girl knew about his plan, and the envy and the rancor had totally controlled her.

 

In one other day, she asked me to go with her to a place she feigned, and as I considered her my friend, I went with her; although I was totally unaware of where the hell it was located. We arrived at the place and as soon as possible the girl took out a knife and approached me, she stabbed me in the stomach and I fell to the ground hardly. The girl panicked and rushed to entomb my body and ran away.

 

I opened my eyes after a while; days to be specific. I felt my body become light and the pain no longer there; like nothing had really happened. I got up and stared around me to not find a single person, and to find the place surrounded with darkness. I went to my home first. I found my mum sitting on the couch in the living room crying whilst dad sat beside her, trying to calm her down but he had a worried facial expression as well. And, to my shock, there was also a cop sitting right across from them writing down on a notebook. All what I could figure out was  that they were completely unaware of  nonexistent me. I almost choked on my own spit (as if I had any). I approached them and yelled that I'm right in front of them, but none of them even responded to me. I knelt on my knees and started to scream and cry loudly  that I'm right in front of them, but none of them even heard me.

 

The days passed and I saw the student and the teachers announcing my nonexistence, and I didn't even see the girl since the day she stabbed me. And the most important thing is that I don't even remember her looks nor the place that the incident happened in and its location. I don't really know who I am anymore, or what's happening to me. With time, my memories slowly vanishes little by little. For two years, this is my case. All that I remember now I'll probably forget tomorrow. I think I'm vanishing with the time's passing...h-help me p-please!"

 

The feeling of the apathy is still tugging inside me. I got totally shocked and surprised when I found out the truth. But, what else? Do I have to leave her after she begged me? I'll be unmerciful and heartless. It's true that I'm not good with dealing with the girls and I'm not tactful or a gentlemen; in short I'm a total JERK, but no matter what, I am human and I have a heart.

 

After I stared at her for what seemed like hours, the school's bell rang pulling me back from my thoughts and signaling the end of the class. I turned to look at her, but she already disappeared as quick as she appeared suddenly earlier.

 

-

 

I was in my room and my mind was busy thinking about whither to tell D.O or not, and as I finally decided, I grabbed my phone and started to type down a text to D.O.

 

'D.O-ah, I want to tell you something, but promise me you'll believe me no matter what!'

 

I waited for exactly five minutes, in that time he sent me a reply text.

 

'What? Of course I'll believe you, but you promise me too, that it won't be a joke or prank!'

 

I sighed heavily and typed all that was bothering me lately.

 

'Do you remember that girl I told you about her before? Ok...I've seen her personally, but.. I know you're not going to believe me, it's real and not a joke or a prank I swear. I'm really confused now, woozy, and I want someone to think with me and tell me what I should do...she was like a ghost, phantom, shade, I can see through her!'

 

I waited for seconds impatiently, I heard the ringing tone signaling that he replied. I opened it with  shaky hands.

 

'Luhan hyung, I know that I've believed you before, but are you now in full consciousness? Do you know what you are  talking about! How on earth could I believe that she's a GHOST! I can't believe what my own eyes didn't see!'

 

I do not really know the extent of the frustration that I feel now; it is even worse than I felt when we moved to this damn region. I typed the last text with hopelessness; or I have to say that hope had vanished that he would believe me.

 

'Why would I lie? You know me well; I could lie to my dad and teachers but not you! Believe me I am not LYING! I saw her with my own eyes! And she even told me about her story! Moreover, I even have her picture with me!

 

I sighed heavily. How could he believe me, he's right. If I were in his place, I wouldn't believe it, there is no point in this. My phone's ringing brought me out of thought to reality. I looked to the caller ID to find that it was D.O himself calling me, and so I picked up with hesitation.

 

Luhan: H-hey

 

A silence passed for millisecond before he spoke.

 

D.O: Why didn't you reply to my last text?

 

W-What text? Before I could protest an answer, he spoke again.

 

D.O: ah really, have you even read it?

 

I paused for a while then I muttered hesitatingly.

 

Luhan: N-no.

 

He chuckled lightly and added in mildness.

 

D.O: Hyung, do not worry, maybe what you are saying is possible, and hard to believe, but I am willing to believe you and see where that could lead to.

 

I paused again to absorb what did he just said, I jumped abruptly from my bed excitedly and cheered happily, I heard his chuckle on the other line and hem shyly, he said after that seriously.

 

D.O: Now, you are going to explain what had happen from the beginning till now, and I'll try to help you.

 

With a deep sigh, I started to tell him from the beginning. Since I met that weird girl, until Chen and I snuck out to the school at the night, and finally, meeting her today.

 

D.O paused momentary, and muttered seriously.

 

D.O: Ok, so you said her name's Lumi, right?

 

This is D.O's other side that no one knows it but me, once he puts something in his mind, he can solve it easily. In short, he is a genius.

 

Luhan: y-yeah, but she did not mention her family's name.

 

He said calmly.

 

D.O: Ok and you said either, that she told you about that guy Sehun, who caused all that.

 

I nodded lightly as if he could see. D.O took my silence as an answer on his question and completed.

 

D.O: Go ask him about what happened, and ask him about his girlfriend who disappeared too!

 

I paused for a second. After I absorbed what he said, I yelled loudly and exclaimed.

 

Luhan: Ah, you are right! How didn't I think about it, I must have been so confused to think about it!

 

D.O chuckled and mumbled sarcastically.

 

D.O: Then you must be an idiot.

 

I yelled angrily.

 

Luhan: Yah, I'm your hyung!

 

He yawned lazily.

 

D.O: Yeah whatever. Ok listen now, if you get more information, tell me until I can search on that Sehun guy on the students files on the internet, and I will try my best to find him currently.

 

I sighed lightly then I muttered.

 

Luhan: Ok.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Next day during lunchtime, I went to the place where I met that Lumi girl, but I did not find her. As soon as I attempted to turn and leave, I heard her soft and gentle voice mumbling lightly.

 

"It's you again, Luhan-ssi."

 

I turned again to find her in front of me.

 

As expected, I can see through her. It may seem impossible, or unbelievable, however, I did. I have to admit, that I got used to it, currently. This world never fails to surprise anyone; it is full with mystery and mystification that needs someone to solve it.

 

I sat next to her staring at her intently. After a moment, I ask myself again if what I'm seeing is true. Soon I remind myself of my duty; it is to return this girl's body back to her again.

 

"H-how does it feel when you're existent and in the same time invisible and you know what's happening around while the other doesn't?" I murmured calmly interrupting the silence.

 

She paused for a while.

 

"Awful, I-it's horrible, terrible. To be half-dead, to see who you love in front of you but incapable to be with him, or talk to him, or telling him that you're here, next to him and not missing. It's even worse than death itself." With the same despair helpless, hopeless voice tone, she stuttered.

 

I adopted the silence as an answer for me; I don't know what to say, I haven't express this feeling before, and I don't know or I can't even imagine how it feels. To be right next to whom you love, but there is obstacle prevents you from communicating with them. All what I know that if I was in this situation, I will probably die in despair, and I will be soulless immortally?

 

I turned to stare at who is in front of me, to find the students passing me while I am talking and giving me confused and weird glares. I could clearly read what they were thinking about; it is obvious from their eyes. Like 'Is he deranged?', or 'What is he doing?', and 'He must be crazy, talking to himself'. Nevertheless, I don't give a about what they're thinking, because they didn't see what I saw, they didn't her what I heard, they didn't experience what this girl's experiencing right now.

 

Damn for the humans, they always don't care about anything except their own interests even if that cause them to kill each other. They are the scum of creation.

 

In that moment, it hits me that I should get more information, because that was the main causal for me to come here. I turned to look at her.

 

"Lumi-ssi" I called seriously.

 

She turned to look at me questioningly.

 

"I want more information; I want to know every detail so I can help you." I completed with the same serious tone.

 

"That Sehun guy, do you remember his family's name?" I asked her carefully.

 

She paused while staring in front of her. She then turned to look at me and nod lightly.

 

"'Oh', it's 'Oh Sehun'." She mumbled with an inaudible voice.

 

"Thank you, Lumi-ssi." I smiled lightly.

 

She turned the smile back to me; but I can tell that this smile was not full heartedly; she looks more like a despaired smile.

 

Do not worry Lumi, I will do my best to turn back your life like what it was before!

 

 

-

 

 

Two months has passed, yes two months from searching, D.O had found that guy called Oh Sehun In an area not far from our own, it's two hours away if you go by train; and that what I did In fact.

 

Throughout the whole two past months, I saved a part of my expenses to go there and stay for a while. And I don't want to talk about how I persuaded my dad that it's a trip with my friends to our other friend that living there and we wanted to visit his house.. And what not. I had suffered hard to find that guy. I tried once to sneak again to that room that filled with files, but I ended up being caught, and I received a help from Kris whom called them pretending to be my father. No, wonder the idiots' teachers thought he was my dad.

 

And talking about my new friends; of course they doesn't know about the whole thing, just me and D.O, because I can't imagine what would they think about me if I told them. However, my relationship became stronger that it was before; I hang out with them every weekends.

 

As soon as I stepped the first step in the area that Sehun lives in, I stared around me into the crowd of people in the train station. I went to the ticket seller attempting to ask him politely that he may knows that guy and make it easier for me.

 

"Excuse me sir, may I ask you about someone?"

 

The man looked at me; he seems to be in his forties.

 

"Ah, of course, what do want to know young man?" He asked me back sheepishly.

 

"I want to know where do 'Oh Sehun' lives?" I answered with a question.

 

The old man paused for a second. Then he snapped his fingers suddenly receiving a startled look form me.

 

"Do you mean Mr.Oh's son?" He exclaimed ever excitedly.

 

I nodded in hesitate to him.

 

"Yes, I know him, and I know his dad as well. Mr.Oh is a good man and treats peoples well either. His son attends a near high school from his house, which located in the east side of this area. In addition, he works at a small restaurant as part-time job. His dad is really firm, although his one hell of a wealthy man, he's forcing his son on working and learning how to help-self and counts on himself." He completed excitedly.

 

Ok… what does all that suppose to do with me? I just wanted to know where he lives, not the story of his life!

 

I chuckled lightly in courtesy. After all, he is in the same age as my dad, and I have to respect him unfortunately.

 

"B-but, can you tell me where that restaurant he works in does locate?" I asked hesitatingly.

 

The old man nodded and instructed me to the right way to go there. Seconds had passed since I started walking to the place. I asked every person I met to confirm the trend, fearing that I will loss the way. However, I found that restaurant somehow. It is a fast food restaurant. Moreover, what have you know?

 

I sighed a deep sigh and opened the door, I stepped one-step nervously. It was not that crowded; it is almost empty.

 

Typically, we are in the village-like area to some extent.

 

I proceeded and sat on the nearest table though.

 

"Excuse me sir, how can I help you?" A girl seems to be a waiter asked me politely.

 

"Can I ask you a favor?" I stared at her straight in the eyes and asked coolly.

 

Her face reddened; seeming to be blushing, she nodded shyly.

 

Ah come on, she is not thinking about something wrong, isn't she?

 

I ignored her little blush and pinky dreams and completed with the same tone.

 

"Can you tell me where's Oh Sehun?"

 

Her blushed face fell, and her facial expression filled with disappoint. However, she faked a smile afterwards.

 

"Oh yeah, he's over there." She gestured with her hand to a table were a guy standing there while serving a bunch of girls.

 

I nodded to her, and then she left. I started watching him intensely; tall figure, thin, and has a weird hair color dye, his facial expression is clad-cold and with a slight arrogance. However, it soon changed when he looked at the girls sitting on the table to a smirk filled with mischievousness.

 

Oh, then he is that kind, 'A playful womanizer'.

 

I shock my head in sorrow. Because of his folly and manipulating, the feelings of girls caused a big problem and put a life of a girl in danger. He may did not do anything, and it was not his fault, but although a big part of it because of him.

 

I waited a bit until he came to me. A few more minutes passed until he went toward me and stopped in front of my table, expression cold like ice with arrogance.

 

Tsk, .

 

"What do you want?" he said ever superficiality.

 

I glared at him in Irreverence.

 

"I want to talk to you  ... Oh Sehun." I muttered seriously and calmly.

 

His facial expression earlier turned to startling with a slight questioning.

 

"Who are you? And what do want to talk with me about?" He hissed with more superficiality between his words.

 

I chuckled lightly. "Don't worry, I didn't come just for your highness, I just want some information then I'll go, I don't care about you." I muttered ironically.

 

His eyebrows knitted. "What information?" he mumbled confused.

 

I gestured him to sit on the chair across me, and he did. I sighed heavily and started to talk the important aspect; I figured in these little minutes, I have been here, that he is a little impatience and full of self-confidence and vanity.

 

"I wanted to ask you about the girl you had dated two years ago, Lumi's friend."

 

I am not sure if it was just my imagination or not, but his facial expression darkened with a slight nervousness.

 

"I-I don't know what're talking about!" He stuttered in defense.

 

He stood attempting to leave, but I muttered some words that stopped his tracks.

 

"I am sure that you know that Lumi is missing two years from now right? Moreover, you know that your ex-girlfriend is also missing as well, but I had heard that you were attracted to Lumi before. Maybe, I said maybe, if I told the cops, they will but all of their suspicion towards you, right?"

 

He turned to look at me with widened eyes. "W-who are you? H-how did y-you knew that!" He murmured, only fear could found in his words.

 

"It's not important to know how I am, just answer my question to guarantee not to expose your little secret. Where is your ex-girlfriend? And what’s her name?" I smirked and added firmly; it is not that I am happy seeing him terrified, but I just found his weakness, and that satisfied me.

 

"H-her name is Kang Miyung, a-and I really don't know where is she now. She moved to Canada two years ago, since then I no longer attempted any contact with her, nor even talked to her." He stared at me the whole time nervousness could clearly see in his facial expression.

 

Silent spread for a while. I stared at him seriously and he returned the stare in nervousness. I knew right away that he's honest; in the end he's totally clueless about anything, and if I tell him that Lumi turned into some kind of a freaking ghost and her body is hiding in a place no one knows about it except that girl Miyung. He would probably freak out and think that I am insane and run he is off, of me, but then oh well, I will gain nothing.

 

I sight heavily and stood up from my seat, I was about to stumble out of the place when I felt a hand grapping me back stopping my tracks off. I turned around and looked at him questioningly.

 

"P-please! D-do not tells anyone about me, I really, really do not know where Lumi disappears, and there is nothing to do with me about her disappearances. I- I just was crushing on her and wanted to hit on her. However, I am not that bad to hurt her or do anything bad to her. I really … I pity her, and I want her to come back again so I can apology from her for what I did!" He mumbled in an inaudible voice.

 

I smiled lightly and patted his shoulder. "Don't worry, I am sure that she'll accept your apology, and I didn't intend to tell anyone about you. I know that it's not your fault anyways." I nodded to him and head out. Then I went to the train station again.

 

This is the life. Every body makes mistakes, but the best that learn from there mistakes and never repeat it again.

 

In fact, I am not much better than he is. I am a liar, and impatient especially with the females and I never knew the reason behind that, I always thought they were stupid and noisy. However, when I met Lumi, I knew that your fingers never were the same, not all the girls are annoying anyways. It is the same with the guys, they're all not badass.

 

I arrived at the train station after half an hour, I rode the train and sat at the very back to avoid people's crowd.

 

What a weird puzzle. Whenever I thought that, I finally would get evidence, I enter a maze larger than its predecessor does.

 

 

-

 

After two weeks with the incident with that guy called Sehun. I went to my usual spot where I find Lumi every time. This time I found her sitting there. Well, this is weird.  Usually I am the one who would come here before she did, although most of the time, I would go back to my friends disappointed with a heavy heart and a brain felled with thoughts when I do not find her.

 

Ok, it is just unusual. No needs to worry.

 

I rushed towards her with confident steps and sat next to her. She did not turn and smile to me like always.

 

There is something off going on here.

 

"Ah, L-Lumi-ssi. I have great news to you, it may be not that great, but it stills something to mention. I-I knew that girl's name, who did this to you. In addition, I met that Sehun guy. H-he's apologizing to you about what he did." I snickered and uttered sheepishly.

 

She stared at me with an expression I had never seen like it before- cold, harsh, emotionless. It is as if I am looking at a doll more than I am looking at a human-soulless.

 

"Who  ... who is Sehun?" She mumbled calmly with a weird voice tone.

 

What?

 

My kind smile dropped at that right moment, and my soft expression went with the flew.

 

What is she talking- about?

 

"D-don't you remember him?" I muttered nervously.

 

She shook her head denying. My eyes grew wide in fear and panic. I leaned closer to her and pointed a finger referencing to my face.

 

"A-and m-me, d-do you remember me?" I stuttered beyond worried.

 

She nodded and I sight in relief. I stared at her long enough. She looks pale more than before.

 

I should hurry before she would loss her memories forever and she than will vanish.

 

The bell rang signaling the end of the break, I bid her good-bye and head towards my class.

 

As the teacher was lecturing, I took out my hand phone and typed a text to D.O surreptitiously with out the teacher noticing.

 

'Yah, D.O-ah! Did you found any information about that girl Miyung?'

 

I was about to put my phone back into my bucket, but I stooped right away when I received a text from him.

 

'What do think you're doing texting me in the middle of the class? Do want to cause a trouble for both of us?  ... And no, I didn't find anything about her. There is possibly a hundredth called Kang Miyung living in Canada. I think it's useless.'

 

I sight disappointedly. I have to hurry before it is too late.

 

I stared at the students around me in bored; I am not really in the mood to hear the teacher's blabber. My eyes fell on a pacific girl. In that moment, it hit me out of nowhere, and my mind barely figured a pace of the puzzle.

 

That girl! I-isn't she who acted weirdly when I asked her about Lumi in the beginning? I have to ask her again, she must have the right answer for that all!

 

I started watching her carefully. When the class was over, I nearly jumped from my seat and with all my might, I ran after her. Everyone around gave me a glares and weird looks, but that the last I could care about at the right moment. I catch up with her after three minutes from chasing. I grabbed her wrist harshly as she gasped loudly. I did not give a about it and dragged her with me anyways. I reached to the school's storage room; I pulled her inside and slammed the door behind me.

 

I stared at her furiously. Her facial expression tells that the fear overcame her totally; her eyes widened, staring at me in terror.

 

"For the second time, I will ask you. However, this time, you are not going to turn your back at me and walk off. There's no escape!" I breathed heavily, "Do you know anything, I said anything about Lumi!" I muttered under my breath with gritted teeth, and I tuned the last sentence firmly- or the question to be specific.

 

Her body parties started to shack, her lips turned slightly white.

 

Did I cross the-lines?

 

I slammed the walls besides hardly with my fist; frustrated, disappointed, angry. "Damn it! Just damn it!" I cursed under my breath.

 

I stormed out of the room and out of the school heading directly to my house. I ignored my gang's shuts as I ignored the fact that I ditched the school in the middle of classes as well.

 

I went straight to my house and entered my room directly slamming my room's door hardly. After a couple of seconds, I heard a light knock on the door.

 

"Honey, are you okay? Is everything alright?" I heard mum's mumbles on the other side of the door.

 

I swallowed hard to clear my throat and calm myself, and sounds normal as possible as I can. "Y-yeah mum, I'm okay! There's nothing wrong!" I shouted.

 

Then I heard her footsteps slowly fading away. I sight in relief.

 

This is not going to be easy, but I will not give up no matter what- not yet. A life of person upon my hands, I will not waste it.

 

 

-

 

 

After two other weeks specifically, nothing new had happened during that period. I did not have to get even a single hint or information, or clue for anything. D.O could not find that Miyung either. Disappoint and frustration took over me, and I nearly lost the hope to find even a tiny hint. What made it even worse, the fact that Lumi is slowly losing her memories as times goes on. She no longer forgot her parents, and forgot all what she had told me about either; but she stills remembering me somehow. That what assured me, and encouraged me a little, besides D.O whom stands by my side all time along.

 

I sat with my gang at the lunchtime on our usual spot. They all were chatting and playing around; excludes me for sure. However, they grew used to it lately, in the beginning, they were always asking me 'What's wrong?' or, 'Why are you always absent-minded?', in the end, they just gave up and left me like that.

 

Chen yelled excitedly out of blue interrupting everyone and getting their attentions as well. "Yah! Xiumin hyung! Did not you promise to tell me that story! Come on say it now I can't wait any longer!"

 

All heads turned towards Xiumin in curiosity and confusion. He sight deeply. "Ok, alright! You are so annoying; you look like a whining girl in her monthly week period."

 

Everyone burst out in laughter; includes me, and excludes Chen who pouted and mimicked Xiumin's expression sarcastically causing the laughter to get louder. After we calmed down, Xiumin straightened up and started to speak seriously. "Ok, this incident occurred in the eighties. When the buildings was made from wood and other primitive materials; there was no development so no one thought otherwise to build buildings better than it was, in addition to the high cost of building materials at that time.

 

A bunch of students sneaked up to the school late in the night- mid night to be specific. Said that they were a bunch of weird and insane students always talking about ghosts and phantoms and tells that they are friends of the humans or what so.

 

They decided in that night to go to the school; which was the only place they could do some incantations to turn into some freaking ghosts and leave the human's nasty world because they got sick of it. During their fatal, an error occurred; the candles had fallen on the ground causing a huge fire inflammation. What made it even more grievous, the fact that the candles had fallen on a paint tray containing little oxygen and gas; which I do not know myself what brought it in there. All of them had totally burned after the outbreak of fire immediately, the flame spread very quickly that none of them have any escape or a chance to escape to save themselves.

 

After that incident, the school closed for good. In addition, they transferred the school to another building-which is what we are in right now.

 

Although a weird, things started to happen much often after that. Said, that the residents of the area near the abandoned school heard screams voices coming from the school building at night; pacifically mid night. That prevents them from sleep, as it was terrifying as well. However, the government ignored the resident's complaints and claims and did not take it seriously.

 

As time goes on, it never changed at all, as complains raises almost daily to the Security Center, neither the complains and the ignorance had stopped.

 

Lately- or I have to say before two years pacifically. Some company came from outside the area and took over the abandoned school to turn it into a factory or something similar. As soon, the workers started to wreck the building they started to complain about hearing weird voices and screams in the middle of the night while they worked. The government continues to ignore their complaint, thinking that the complaint based on lack of credibility and it is just a myth nothing more, nothing less.

 

When another incident occurred here, disappearance of a high school girl 16 years aged, before the report of the girl's disappearance, the workers feign that they saw something scary. They said that they saw a young girl walking around the place 'The abandon school' in the middle of the night. One of the workers tried to follow her, but she disappeared as she appeared suddenly. After the complaint increased, the company stopped working at the building and using it- utterly, after their efforts on changing the workers with others- it was useless, every time they changes them, the site of workers will say like their previous. With that, the place turned to be abandoning once again."

 

The whole time throughout Xiumin's recite of the scary story, everyone was holding their breaths. However, I, on the other hand was speechless; as if I figured a string- no, not just a string, but a definitive guide that discovered a huge part of the puzzle. All what I have now is to relate everything so I can see clearly through the puzzle's parts.

 

"Where does that school locate?" I blurted out of blue causing everyone to look at me in shock and gave me weird glares.

 

"D-don't tell me you're going to go there! It's just a myth and fable." Suho uttered fearfully.

 

I laughed and waved my hand dismissively. "You must be kidding me. I will not go there, I had not loss me mind yet. I just wanted to know where it does to avoid passing by it. I fear abandoning places." I lied and forced a chuckle; well I have to say that I had other intentions as well.

 

Suho sighed in relief. "But still, there's a parts of the story actually true. Like the girl's disappearances incident. Moreover, the school's combustion either. My dad was a student back then, he had told me about that gang of freaks." Kris muttered calmly.

 

"Yah, let's change the topic! It is a fable after all … ah how about we go to watch a movie in the cinema, that in the area near us?" Suho pleaded and forced a laugh.

 

Kris shocks his head in sorrow. "What a chick ." He mumbled sarcastically.

 

"Hey! I am not a coward!" Suho yelled in defense.

 

 

-

 

In the next day-lunchtime to be exact. I went to meet Lumi and ask her about what I heard yesterday from Xiumin, but I did not find her. I sat on my usual spot like always waiting for her to appear.

 

Come on Lumi! It is not the right time to disappear. A little bit, just a little bit left until your life will return like it was before!

 

I felt a presence as heard a sound of movement-someone sitting beside me interrupted me from the deep thoughts. I turned almost immediately with a smile plastid on my face in hopes to see Lumi- soon to be disappointed. My smile dropped as I wore my poker face with a slight annoyance. She was the girl who refused to give me information about Lumi.

 

What she wants now? I am not in the mood to argue with her.

 

Silent spreads for a while with out any word spoken-calmness, the voice of fresh air breezes. All of that had been interrupted by her voice when she finally spoke, "I-I am sorry about what I did before."

 

I committed to silence and did not speak with a letter, she sighed deeply and completed without hesitation, "I will tell you … I will tell you the necessary information to know the details of the incident. Okay, I- I was walking around that area- the abandon school building area. I am pretty sure you knew about the rumors of the school and what was happening in it. I just want to sureness all of that myself, so I went there to discover the place. I roamed around the place, but nothing had happened as I was told; no weird voices, no screams, nothing scary. It just was an abandon place like any others. However, when I decided to leave, I heard some voices- pacifically a voice, for a girl who was chatting. When I approached to peek, I saw two girls walking; one of them was asking the other 'Where are we?', and the other was silent. I did not care much about it because I thought in the beginning that they were discovering the place like what I was doing. Just when I was about to turn away and leave, a scream sound stops my tracks off. It was not that kind of fear screaming, nor panic … it was a scream of pain- hard one. I ce more to peek again, of what was happening. I found the girls from earlier, the one who was chatting were lying on the ground circled with a mere of blood, while the other was holding a knife in her hand. I gasped and covered my moth immediately, fearing that the girl would hear me. Actually, I did not saw their faces in the beginning because they were walking ahead of me facing their backs to me, as soon the girl turned a bit, my eyes widened in shock and disbelieve. She was Kang Miyung, the most popular girl in the school, and Oh Sehun's girlfriend- he is either a quite popular as well, I could not believe my own eyes. I shifted my gaze to the girl lied on the ground to found that she was Lumi the new transferred student in our school. My hands started to shack and I could not move because my legs would not budge. I stayed and watched so I can help the girl once the other leaves. Miyung did not move. She stayed there as well for a long time standing with out any movement. After a while, she moved suddenly, she grabbed one of the drilling tools for the new company's workers and began digging. After she finished, she pulled Lumi's body to the hole and started to bury soil on top of her to close the hole. My brain could not absorb what was going in front of me, so I ran, I ran terrified and dreadful.

 

When I went to the school on the next day, I did not find Miyung. She did not appear, and that continued until I did not see her any more. After a couple of days, the school announced Lumi disappearance and miss. I wanted to go and tell them … but in the end, the charge will fall on me because I was the only one who was there in incident's time, and no one is going to believe me though. Therefore, I kept that for myself and did not spoke.

 

However, lately when you appeared from nowhere and asked about her I freaked out and panicked that they will figure out what happen and blame me on that. Wherefore, I went to the school at night and stashed her file to keep that as a secret like it were for so long.

 

I-I feel guilt eating up on me. You may think that I am insane, but Lumi always appears in front of me in this place. I thought that it was a silhouette in the beginning, b-but now I- somehow, thinks that she is still alive, and she needs somebody's help. And that somebody is you, I told you- and I will tell you about all what I know, and I will leave it to you to complete."

 

All the time I was just listening calmly, while her on the other hand tearing throughout reciting the story. The teardrops were hanging on her eyes until she reached the last part were her tears could not hold the urge to fall- and they fell on her cheeks afterwards.

 

It is clearly not her fault, why is she feeling guilty?

 

I sighed deeply, "I might not be good with dealing with girls. I might not know you, and I might not  know your name either. Nevertheless, when a  person feels guilty although it is not their fault, and he did not err, that means they are human and have a heart and care for others. No matter what, they will not hurt anyone. If only everyone in the world was like that, there would not be something called war or violence. I know that my words seem illogical and have nothing to do with the current situation. However, you do not have to feel guilty, because if I was in your place I would have done the same. But you are better than you think you are. Perhaps your revelation of these words might change someone's life, or rather, it may return it as it was before." I spoke out to her for the first time softly to comfort her- sort of.

 

She gazed me for a while before she broke into a smile, "My name's Geomi, and you are cute you know that?" She sheepishly muttered.

 

I felt the blood rush into my cheeks- well…I blushed. What? No one ever said that to me before. I rose up from my place and coughed, "I am not. I was just honest with you, and do not think of observing me!"

 

I heard her chuckling besides me, "Don't worry, you are not my type anymore. Now, it's Kris who's getting my attention." She guffawed.

 

I made a face at her admiring of Kris in front of me.

 

Ew, if she just know about his real personality, I am sure she will retreat her opinion.

 

Anyways, I asked her for more information about that Miyung girl, and she accepted. She told me to wait a few days until she would find any contact related with her.

 

 

-

 

 

After two days from the little conversation with that Geomi girl, she came at the same place rushing and squealing of something that I could not figure out what was it until she approached. She stopped in front of me panting hardly.

 

"I found it! I found Kang Miyung's phone number with one of her old classmates!" she cheerfully exclaimed.

 

I grabbed the paper sheet from her hand and mumbled thanks to her, than I ran off to my house as fast as possible. Honestly, I did not care that I ditched the school again in the middle of classes, and I don't care what my parents going to say when they sees me: it didn't matter any more, all what matters now is calling that girl Miyung and return Lumi's life as it was before.

 

I closed my room's door and took out my hand phone form my back bag. I typed down the number I had given earlier with shacking fingers. I put it near my ear and waited for her to pick up, it seemed to me as if every passing second look as a year. I do not know and I am not sure of what I am going to say to her, but currently all what in my mind is saving Lumi before it is too late.

 

After few ring tones, someone finally picked up. I heard a girl mumbling in English, "Hello?"

 

I took a deep breath. I just hope that she can understand me, because I am sure not going to understand any of her words … well because I am either at English as well- what's the point of it any way.

 

"Kang Miyung-ssi?" I mumbled lightly.

 

She paused for a second, "Y-yeah? Are you Korean?" She asked in Korean.

 

Oh! Thank goodness, I do not have to speak in English anymore!

 

"Yeah … I am Lumi's friend," I said seriously. Before she could hang up, I quickly added, "Do not hang up! Or I am I will be compelled to tell the cops, I knew what had happened."

 

Deadly muteness surrounded the other line, after that I heard a muffle sobs. Is she crying?

 

"I-I … I am s-sorry … I am really regretful, I- I don't know … I d-don't know anymore …" She mumbled between her sobs.

 

The silence rece again. However, this time I am the one who paused and she continued sobbing. She might be a perpetrator, and what she did is awful. After all, I do not have the right to say any thing to her. She said that, she is regretful; she is regretful on what she did in a moment of indiscretion. All what she needs now is something relieves her conscience- and I know what that thing is. Bring Lumi's life to her again.

I coughed to catch her attention and muttered seriously, "It is not important what are you feeling now, it won't help on nothing. All what matters now is your help; I need it!" I took a deep breath to gain the courage and say what supposed to say, "Lumi is still alive … she didn't died- well not yet, so, I just need your help to know the place you hide her body in, with that you will bring Lumi's life to her again."

 

She paused for long enough, "H-how?" She murmured out of shock and non-ratification.

 

My patience had gone away, so I yelled impatiently, "It doesn't matter how or when or where! Just tell me where is that damn place to return Lumi's life before it's too late!"

 

"I-in the old school's building, n-next to the storage tools room for the company workers!" She murmured fearfully.

 

I sighed deeply in attempts to calm myself down. "Thanks." I said flatly and bluntly.

 

With that, I hanged up. I went to my desk in the other side of the room. I grabbed a piece of sheet and a pen; I wrote the place's description she told me-in order not to forget it later. After that, I went back to my bed and took my phone with me to tell D.O about what happened.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Next day, I went to the usual place where I meet Lumi in always with enthusiasm overcomes me. Yeah it should overcome me; because this is the first time I feel this way. It is unexplainable; to save someone's life, to re- brighten her life from the darkness, which had been hold by the depth of desperation, inability, paralysis, eeriness. Probably no one could ever imagine how Lumi feels; it is like an innocent person who had unjustly sentenced to life imprisonment, or sentenced to death, but unexpectedly someone comes in the last moment to prove the truth and save his life. That what all I can possibly imagine about how Lumi feels currently when I tell her that, her life will be back like it was before, and everything is going to be okay.

 

As so as I reached there, I found Lumi sitting at her usual place. She looks more pallor, more depressed, sadder, and finally more painful; not a sensuous pain, but moral-loss, pain, and loneliness. Pain cannot described just only, by who had fought this experience.

 

With a big inhale of breath, I approached her slowly. I stopped in front her cutting her absent-mindedness, which made her march out of her shells of thoughts to look up at me. I smiled softly, "Lumi-ssi, I found it … I found your body's place. I will return it to you. Come on, come with me." I whispered lightly. I reached out my hand to her. She might not be able to hold it properly, but I offered my hand to tell her-somehow, that I will take her out from that dark, shallow place full of sadness and despair. She sat up on her feet, stepped to me, and reached her hands indeed; nevertheless, her hand penetrated through mine. I did not mind that she did not even touch me because I am happy that she-in away- trusts me. I went after that with her to our destination ' The abandoned school '. It is exactly like what it been described- abandoned- a word that usually would be the accustomed word to reference to a place had left or ditched for centuries- unusable. However, in my case if it was up to me, I would change the description from abandoned to ' lifeless '. Because it is the most  appropriate meaning to such a place like this; lifeless, has nothing Suggests that it is in a city- kind of, and there's a lot of people around it, but no one ever had the guts to approach it.

 

I headed toward Lumi's body anyway. I spotted a bulge on the ground higher than its surrounded, it immediately clarifies to me that it is a grave; which is Lumi body's place.

 

How the workers could not notice something like this, even the animals could recognize and notice that this weird thing would have might be GRAVE for someone- or rather, a jail held a body for someone waits to be free.

 

After digging for long enough, it appeared. Lumi's body- which covered by blood- had finally appeared. It is weird, how it did not rotted, or did anything happened to it-but that did not matter now. I turned to Lumi and yelled excitedly, "This is it! Come on go back to where you belong!"

 

She stayed still and did not move an inch. I arched my eyebrows in confusion. Why is she not going?

 

"I-I can't!" Lumi murmured suddenly with a slight trample in her voice.

 

What! My eyes rounded mightily, and my jaw dropped. I stared at the body in front of me, and then turned my gaze at her in confusion. She raised her head up and stared right in my eyes, "T-There's a barrier and an aura blocks me for getting in!" She mumbled in an inaudible voice tone.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked in bewilderment and mystification.

 

"I-I don't know … I-I really can't!" She uttered hesitantly.

 

Is that a joke? Because if it was, then it is a really, totally, seriously a bad and annoying one.

 

I inhaled deeply, turned around to go, and signaled her to follow me; we headed back towards the school. As soon as we arrived, she disappeared immediately as usual whilst I went back to my class.

 

The school day went calmly; all what occupies my mind was what had happened earlier. How can this be possible?

 

When I turned back to my room, with out second thought I typed a text to D.O. I stared at the text for a while, and then I deleted it to dial his number- I cannot explain this with just a text. Few rang tones and he answered.

 

D.O: Hey? hyung?

 

I sighed lightly and started.

 

Luhan: Yeah it is me.

 

D.O: What is wrong? Did any thing happen?

 

He muttered worriedly. I sighed once again and mumbled frustrated.

 

Luhan: Yes something horrible happened, but not for me.

 

D.O: What! Hurry and say it, you worries me!

 

I inhaled deeply and started to talk seriously.

 

Luhan: Ok, I found Lumi's body, and I talked to that girl Miyung. Everything went by in ease, but just in the right moment when Lmui was about to return to her body … she could not. She said that, there is an aura or a barrier blocking her form getting in to her body. I-I do not get it anymore!

 

The usual silence speared for a while.

 

D.O: Hyung, you had told me before that the abandon school is abandon because of a bunch of freaks tried to turn into some kind of ghosts, right? And the state of that girl describe exactly what they were trying to do, right? Do you think like what I am thinking?

 

Just then, the realization hit me to realize all of that; that what they were trying to do have actually happened.

 

How was I that idiotic?

 

I was busy searching for evidence while I forgot actually to discover how it did happen primarily; how does Lumi turned to what called a ghost? How does she survived and lived two years with out a body? Moreover, On top of that, how does she even live after receiving a deadly stab? In addition, she had buried! Any normal person in this case would be dead long ago. But, why she is not? Why she did not die?

 

Luhan: Y-yeah.

 

I answered confusedly. D.O continued nevertheless.

 

D.O: Hyung! It is not the right time to think about it and wonder because you will not find the answer unless you look for it. Now, listen to me carefully. Since your father is the President of the Security Center for the that area; all what you should do is one word form your father and you can investigate about the fire incident and find a suspicious evidence could lead us to the proof and the definite answer to what is happening right now!

 

I nodded to him as if he was able to see me.

 

Luhan: Ok.

 

I hanged up after more explanation with D.O for a bit. I opened the door of my room heading down stair- pacifically to the living room-which I barely sat in it. I found my parents sitting there sipping some tea while watching the TV. As soon as they notice my presence, they both turned to me with a smiles plastered on their faces.

 

"Oh! My baby LuLu finally decided to sit with his parents?" Mum exclaimed happily.

 

Ah seriously! I hate this stupid nickname mum calls-me-of. Mum! I am not a kid anymore!

 

I ignored that and went to sit next to her on the couch both my parents sitting at. She warped her arms around me and squeezed me tightly while showering me with kisses as if was a little baby. My facial expression turned to disgust, which made my dad chuckle in amusement. Dad whispered lightly with a barely heard voice; but I was able to hear it nonetheless, "I wish that I could have a hug like that; but it seems impossible."

 

My disgusted expression earlier grew more disgusted, which made him laugh even more, "Go ahead and get it. I do not care!" I whispered back.

 

Mum bulled away form me and stared at the both of us questioningly, I waved my hand dismissively to her in order not make her notice what we were arguing about. They both turned to watch the TV again.

 

"Dad." I blurted out of the sudden making them stare at me anticipating, "I want to visit your work place!" I uttered calmly. Dad paused shortly in quite disbelief; I did not ask him that since I was teen years old.

 

"What? Why?" He asked confusedly.

 

I sighed heavily. How I am supposed to convince him?

 

"Nothing, I just heard about the fire incident of the abandon old school. Our teacher told us about it today at school." I mumbled monotony.

 

Dad nodded, "Oh, as you want." He muttered calmly.

 

I did not expect this answer at all, but I am relieved that he did not ask further so I do not have to fabricate more lies.

 

 

 

-

 

 

After two days, I went to the alleged Security Center dad's work at, it is not that bad like what I thought, actually it is the right opposite; huge on to be called 'Center', full of  luxury offices to the security men. As soon as I arrived with my dad, his workmates surrounded us and started to talk about the similarity between him and me.

 

"Oh! Little Mr. Lu is here! The little boss had finally showed up!" One of them commented sarcastically causing the others to burst into laughter.

 

What the hell is this? Is this a joke or I am just imagining …

 

When they did not saw my response to what so-called joke that the man had said it, they paused in embarrassment. The other coughed, "Ah, he's exactly like his dad; calm and mature. No wonder! Like father like son!" He muttered in courtesy.

 

I shrugged that off and walked pass them with dad to his office.

 

And I am the one who thought that my friends were sillies … Tsk live longer to see wonder.

 

Dad's secretary came in with the files of the old incident and asked him to go out for a necessary issue. As dad was about to leave he turned to me, "Son, stay here and do not move or cause any noise!" He warned me sternly and went out right away.

 

I went to sit on his chair and sip from his coffee while flip through the files. Nothing weird here, all what had recorded here was what I had told before. I continue to flip through the pages of the file to find anything suspicious. Just then, my eyes fell on a weird- small, barely seen- handwritten massage colored in red.

 

(A weird thing had found at the crime scene; a necklace with a weird design in the burnt hand of one of the victims. The men tried extract it from the burnt flesh and they succeeded in that. This is the only proof that had not burn in this incident.)

 

I choked with coffee in my mouth. I swallowed it immediately and started to flip hurriedly between the pages to find the in charged to write this. I found at the end of the last page a sign with name of the responsible for the record and the incident and general 'Kim Jung Shin'. I closed the file and rushed out of the office hurriedly to bump into someone right away; it was that man earlier, who has a terrible sense of humor.

 

"Woah! Slow down kid!" He uttered merrily.

 

I looked up to him and faked a smile. I should act nicely to find that Kim Jung Shin.

 

"Are you rushing to meet your girlfriend? Ah kids these days." He added sarcastically.

 

Laugh Luhan! Laugh! You should find that man even if it caused you to force your self on laughing at this idiot's jokes!

 

I launched a shaky, fake laugh-I could fabricate a lie all I want professionally, but I could not force myself and fake a laugh; I am impressed of myself that I am good  at all types of fraud-, "Ah, sir, can you tell me where I can find Mr. Kim Jung Shin?" I asked politely and gently as possible. He arched his eyebrows in confusion and wonderment, "Why? He had retired since your dad came after serving for eighty years." He informed in acknowledge.

 

Wow, he must be an old senile man by now!

 

I thought as fast as I can of a convincing lie, "Dad asked me to bring something- which I don't know what- from him that he needs it to solve a case that I don't know what either." I mumbled hurriedly. What a dump lie.

 

The man scrunched his chin in thought, "Mm, I guess you will find him in his old house near the train station; if he did not move yet." He answered.

 

"Thank you," I intend to go but turned my head to him, "And oh! I wanted to tell you something … your jokes are not funny!" I exclaimed and rushed out of the building.

 

"HEY COME BACK HERE! YOU BASTERED!" I heard him yelling.

 

I chuckled in amusement and continued running out side. I pulled out my hand phone and typed a text to my dad.

 

'Dad sorry, one of my friends called me asking me to go out with him, so I went with him because I felt bored.'

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

I went to the nearest taxi I find in the street; I boarded one and asked the driver to go to the train station as faster as possible. When I arrived, I stopped at my place confusedly; there are many houses in front of me near the train station.

 

How on earth could I figure which one is his house?

 

I walked randomly to a person walking in front of me, "Excuse me!" I half-yelled to catch his attention. He turned to me; it turned out that he was an old man, "Oh, what do you want young man?" He asked genially with a kind smile.

 

I smiled back at him, "Can you tell me where Mr. Kim Jung Shin's house locates?" I asked politely.

 

The elder man chuckled lightly causing me to stare at him in confusion.

 

"It is me. What do you wants from me?" He muttered with a smile still on his face.

 

My eyes widened in utter shock; I did not expect to find him this fast. I bowed to him in respect, and he bowed his head in return.

 

"I-I have something to ask you about." I mumbled awkwardly.

 

He signaled me to follow him, and I did. After a while of walking in silence, we stopped at a humble but yet a beautiful house. When we entered he permitted me to sit on the couch in the small leaving room, and he sat across from me. He poured a tea in two cups, he handed me one and took the other. I sipped from it nervously.

 

I had not been in a stranger house before- actually, I had not been in any other house expects from D.O's.

 

I sighed deeply and started to talk; I do not think that this old man attempting to speak any sooner, "Ah, Mr. Jung Shin, may I ask you something?" I coughed and mumbled nervously.

 

"Who are you?" He asked out of sudden.

 

I paused for a second to realize that I have not introduced myself yet. I rose up of my feet and bowed several times apologetically mumbling sorry each time I bow. He chuckled and waved his hands indicating that is okay.

 

"I am Xia Luhan, Mr. Lu's son; the new President of the Security Center." I introduced myself embarrassedly.

 

"Oh! Then you are Mr. Lu's son? Welcome!" He exclaimed happily.

 

I bowed once more and returned to sit at the couch.

 

"Then, what you wanted from me?" He asked kindly.

 

I cleared my throat before I start to speak seriously, "Sir, I want to ask you to give me that necklace that had not burn in the old school fire incident, I do not ask you vainly … you may not believe me, b-but a life of someone is depending on this necklace!"

 

The old man paused for a second and then broke into smile, "I thought that no one else knows about it expect form me."

 

My eyes widened in shock. Does … does he know about Lumi!

 

"K-knows w-what?" I stuttered fearfully.

 

He gazed me for, and then he started to speak seriously, "This necklace has a weird spell in it … let me tell you the story. When I was young, in the time the incident happened; an order came to us that we should go there as fast as possible to save the students and investigate in the matter. Upon our arrival, I was about to lose my mind. I found that the flames had devoured the whole school … it was a very scary sight. After we put out the fire, we entered the building-in May and perhaps- to find someone alive-and this would be a miracle if it happened, but as expected; they all died and burned totally that we barely discovered their identities. I approached one of the students that had caught my attention; he was thrown at the corner of the room with such a wired position, all of the students were gathered in the center of the room while he was alone at corner. When I approached enough, I glimpsed something he was holding in his hand, a white material covered it; turns out later to be a wool blocker for ignition with a massage inside it and the necklace inside the massage as well.

 

I opened the massage to read what inside it.

 

(In the date of 1985\8\14, today is a special day; where everybody will turn into a sacrifice to the GHOST master. I am Kwon Woo Bin; convinced a bunch of idiots that they will turn into ghosts, and they believed it easily. The troth is, they will be soon the sacrifices to the GHOST master indeed. He needs a sacrifices, I will make myself one either. Our souls will be trapped and restricted in this place, and will serve the master. With this magical necklace, the souls of the students won't be able to get rid of the serving duties ever, we will stay here forever as long as the necklace would be saved. My plain was to force them to come with me, and burn our bodies so that our souls will live like servers.)

 

Just then, I knew that the crazy boy Kwon Woo Bin had killed his own family when I received a notification a year before. I figured that he was the same boy that killed his whole family on night, but we closed the case long ago because there were no such a boy could Kwon Woo Bin neither a family called Kwon in this erase basically; so we closed the case as a hoax. I went to ask his teachers about him, but unbelievably they wondered who he would be. I was utterly shocked when they said that they did not know him. I asked about the other students that burnt with him, and they recognized them well. None of his classmates and teachers remembers him any longer. I thought that I lost my mind or I was fancying; but I was not. This boy does not exist really, he may be a ghost, and he may be the ghost master him self- I do not know anymore.

 

After a period, we received complains upon hearing scary voices, but that necklace … it was lighting a weird light whenever we receives complain. I did not noticed that on the beginning, but as soon as noticed that, I knew right away that it is an prodigious necklace … there's you are now asking about it, there must be something else that I don not know about?"

 

I paused for a while to re-call all what I received from information. This explains everything now- the complains, the place, Lumi, everything is related with the necklace!

 

I inhaled deeply and started to burst everything about Lumi, he did not seems surprised at all. After I finished telling the story, the old man sat up on his feet and walked inside for a bit, he came back and handed me the massage the boy wrote it with the necklace, too.

 

"Son, save the girl life and the restricted souls of the students inside. After you release the girl, break the necklace and burn the massage." Jung Shin ordered determinedly.

 

I nodded to him encouraging that there no worries- I will do it anyway, I bowed to him and he patted my shoulder in return. After I bid him goodbye, I headed out with the necklace and the massage in hand and a particular thing in mind.

 

Lumi, wait a little bit more; your life will be back to you.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

I did not wait to the next day and headed straight to the school; or rather snuck to the school in the middle of the night although it is the weekend. I went to the storage building where Lumi would always be; and I found her there, fortunately. She was very different which shocked me; half of her invisible body had totally disappeared.

 

I approached her calmly, he turned to me with a soulless gaze, "Who … are you?" She mumbled inaudibly.

 

At this time, all my efforts and hopes fell into a black hole; because actually, the one whose I was trying to help is disappearing right in front of my eyes, and he does not remember me anymore.

 

No! No ... Not now please, No!

 

I wanted to stay and drop on my feet and hit myself because of my idiotic, because I was too late, and because I betrayed who had mortgaged his life in my hands, but no! This is not me; it is not Luhan who gives up easily, the chance will not slip out of my hands. Whatever the difficulty of the situation was; there is always an exit and a solution-and that what I am going to do- not by thinking; there is no time, not by the action; there is no time either, but by the words.

 

All what left is three minutes … three minutes to resolve the matter; either to return Lumi to her life, nor loss her forever.

 

I stepped closer and screamed with all the might I got ignoring the fact that the guards would caught me, "NO! NO! NOT NOW, NOT FOREVER! LUMI! YOU WILL BE BACK TO YOUR LIFE AGAIN! YOUR BODY WILL BE YOURS AGAIN! YOU WILL RETURN TO YOUR PARENTS! YOU … YOU WILL RETURN TO YOUR LIFE! COME ON NOW! PLEASE!"

 

She stared at me hopelessly and a sad smile tagged her face, "Maybe … this was not my chance … my saver angel …," She murmured.

 

I tightened my grip and yelled once more with the tears forming down my cheeks falling to the ground, "NO! IT DID NOT GO; YOUR CHANCE DID NOT GO! SHE WAS WAITING FROM THE BEGINNING. WERE AND STILL WATING!"

 

I reached out my hand to her; she stared at it and reached hers too. Although it did not touched, I just wanted her to feel the warmth of my hand in someway; I want her to not loss the hope, to cling onto this chance to return to life.

 

"Come on … come with me to return your life!" I whispered determinedly.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

As soon as I got to the place, I went straight to where her body is. I stopped above it and kneeled on my knees, I placed the necklace around her neck carefully. I turned back to look at her and nod to her signaling her to move on. In a blink on an eye, I do not know what had exactly happened, and I did not have the time to think even properly. A bright light shone in front of me blocking the vision from me, so I covered my eyes with my hands surely to hide the brightness from blinding my eyes. I opened my eyes again slowly; scared, scared that what is happening now would be the end, sacred from the up coming.

 

Just then, the miracle happened in front of my eyes.

 

Yes! She is back, Lumi's back to life!

 

She is staring at me with her real eye now; the real not the imaginary, breathing in front of me, moving; not as a ghost but a body, true, real, logical. I cannot describe it just by words.

 

With out thinking twice, I took off my jacket and warped it around her small figure compared to mine, I leaned closer and pulled her into a warm, tight hug in my arms; to make her feel the warmth of my body and realize that this is real and not an imagination. She is cold. I heard suddenly a voice coming out of her-a whimper. Is she crying? I was about to pull away a little to have a better sight of her face but she cling tighter into me, "Do not go … do not leave me alone … please …," She mumbled between her sobs.

 

"It is ok, it is ok … everything will be ok. I would not leave you … I am here beside you from now and forever." I patted her head with a soft smile.

 

 

 

-

 

 

I headed back towards my house with her, when I entered the house dad's raged voice welcomed me, "Luhan! Finally you came! I have a talk with you about what you did today-" He was cut mid sentence when he appeared from the living room and his eyes landed at Lumi; his eyes widened mightily. Mum came along from the kitchen and stared at us in the same facial expression as dad's- shock, disbelief, utter confuse, lost of words … name it, I turned to look at Lumi's pitiful condition beside me; blood covering her everywhere, shacking hardly, and then turned back to my parents, "Help me! She needs help! There's now time for explanations now!" I yelled impatiently.

 

Mum rushed towards us and helped me to carry her to the gusts' room up stair, whilst dad followed as. Mum went to bring some of her cloths to change Lumi's pale ones, she turn and pulled her kindly to the bathroom. Meanwhile, dad and I stayed at the room alone.

 

"You have to explain this … now!" Dad said sternly.

 

I sighed deeply and started seriously, "Do you remember the missing girl's story two years ago? This is the same missing girl. I found her near an abandon area when I was hanging out with my friends." I was not intending to tell him the truth-well because simply; he would not believe me-dad's eyes widened again, he turned to look at the bathroom and then at me. I was not expecting this reaction; he suddenly hugged me tightly while patting my back, "Son, I am proud of you! I always thought that you were a playful and indifferent, but now you saved a person's life, and his family will be happy to hear that!" He exclaimed proudly.

 

I narrowed my eyebrows in annoyance, "Is that what you were thinking of me all this time?" I asked obviously annoyed.

 

Dad chuckled lightly and nodded. Ah seriously! Am I that bad? All what I was doing is lying and tampering my texts results- not a big deal!

 

In that time, mum stepped out of the bathroom with Lumi behind her. The bloodstains had already gone form her body and her face, which clarified her facial featured.

 

S-she is beautiful …

 

Mum entered the room and lead her to the bed; she pushed both dad and me out of the room forcefully, "Ya! Go to sleep now! Beware to come to her!" she warned.

 

Mum's right; Lumi should get some rest; I have to leave her rest.

 

I went to my room right away and dropped my tired body on the bed; I started to think of all what had happened to me.

 

Dad's right; I really changed since Lumi came into my life.

 

In the beginning, my life used to be a mess; all what mattered to me was having fun besides my friend D.O, All what I was good at, was lying and fraud- I was irresponsible. However, that had changed now. I became more considerate lately, and more responsible. I knew either, that lying is only for the cowards who are afraid to tell the truth and face the reality.

 

I closed my eyes tiredly and dozed off to sleep right after.

 

 

-

 

 

I woke on the next day unexpectedly early, which made me receive sarcastic comments like 'Oh look who's awake early!' and 'Is this morning some kind of a miracle? Or Lulu does actually wake up early?' I brushed that off, tried to act coolly, and went to the guest room where Lumi is. I knocked on the door lightly, I poked my head inside to find Lumi sitting on the bed, I smiled to her and walked to sit on the bed in front of her; she smiled back at me which made me blush inwardly.

 

"Um … ah, how are you now?" I asked sheepishly.

 

Her smile did not leave her face, "Thank you … really … thank you so much. You are my savior angel." She muttered with a different tone; it is different of what I used to hear; no despair, no sadness, but with freedom and pure comfort.

 

I felt the blood rush into my cheeks. Why am I blushing? The door suddenly opened revealing mum behind it with a tray of breakfast for Lumi, "Aww, what a cutie! My baby Lulu is a savior angel!" She smirked mischievously and then chuckled.

 

I can say, that I have never ever felt this embarrassed in my whole life.

 

Mum …

 

She laid the tray down on the table near the bed, she patted my head with smirk and dashed out of the room. After she closed the door I snuck behind her and opened the door again peeking into the door firm to make sure she is already gone. Sighing, I closed the door again when I did not see her. I went back to sit on the bed again, I rubbed my neck nervously and mumbled embarrassedly "Do not mind my mum; she is always like this …. Now eat to return your energy back!"

 

She nodded to me, but did not move. She then turned to look at me intensely. She spoke after a long pause, "L-Luhan-ssi, I can't describe the amount of happiness I feel right now; that you found me and didn't leave me for once. I-I am happy that the fate led and guided you to me. D-do you know how despaired I was when I was alone? D-do you know how painful I felt? It is indescribable; like I was in a black, dark, opaque place. No one beside me, even if I screamed all I can; no one will ever be able to hear me, even if I tried to escape, there's no exit. However, suddenly; someone appears out of nowhere to reach his hand to me, and lead me out of this abyss. To see the light after I stayed in the darkness. To be almost forever and hold me in his warmth, safe arms to make me feel safe, comfortable, and released. To tell me that everything is going to be okay, and that he would not leave me. I would not be able to describe the amount of happiness and relief and safety just by words … Luhan-ssi, thank you are my angel." She murmured inaudibly.

 

I smiled at her softly and nodded, "I will be by your side always- and forever." I whispered kindly.

 

 

 

-

 

After Lumi's recovery, dad was able to contact her parents to tell them the happy news that he found their daughter. All the residents of the area knew about her return, and her life returned back to normal as it was before. The entire area set up a celebration for her return; everyone was pleased with her ​​return and did not believe she already returned.

 

I fabricated a final lie with D.O to tell the Security Center about the way I found her; and Lumi lied as well. We told them that she was kidnapped by a gang and was jailed by them all the two past years and they did not let her go, but she managed to escape somehow and I found her lying on the ground in the way I passed by where I was hanging out with my friends. The really did believed the whole story.

 

Lumi and I became officially a couple; I am her boyfriend currently, and we are dating too. And to speak of D.O; he moved out with his family in the same area I am in, because his dad is my dad's childhood friend, so dad had convinced him that the work here is much smoother and more comfortable and there's a good payment.

 

Finally yet importantly, the necklace. I went with Lumi to the big mountain in the area, we broke the necklace as we burned the message as to not to repeat what happened again.

 

In the end, I want to say that there are things in the world still hidden, and there are people waiting, waiting for the right person who would discover them and save them; that person would be anyone, it would be you or she or he. However, the must important thing is: would you be able to do so?