Chapter 1

Daddy's Little Momento
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wu YiFan beter known as Kris, was a man who didn’t appreciate surprises.

                He believed in order, rules and discipline.  Being the third oldest of six boys, with two older brother who weren’t in the best of shape at his parents death, he’d learned that rules and discipline created control from chaos. Being the principal of the prestigious Seoul High School, he knew control and discipline mean the difference between order and chaos.

                So when he opened his door on a Sunday morning to find Kim Joonmyun on his doorstep, the new school nurse, tapping his foot impatiently with a baby bouncing in his hip he saw trouble with a capital T in tight jeans.

                “Good Morning, Kris” Joonmyun said with a too bright smile.

                “Morning, Joonmyun” Kris greeted the shorter male, fighting the urge to start hitting the younger male.

Kris had a strict policy against dating colleagues, a policy Joonmyun challenged thrice a week. Technically Joonmyun didn’t work for him but as the district nurse, he spent three days in his high school and to Kris, that made Joonmyun off-limits.

                 And if that wasn’t enough to dampen his desire, the child bouncing on her hip should be.

Kris was brought out of his thought when he heard him say;

                “Kris, I need to talk to you. May I come in?” Joonmyun asked, his smile wavering at the edges and his nerves started setting in.

“Sure” Kris said as he gestured of Joonmyun to enter. He stepped slightly to the right and closed the door behind the shorter red-head after Joonmyun had entered.

Kris had seen Joonmyun with the baby around town before, Kris studied the black eyed baby from top to bottom realising that the boy couldn’t be more than a year old. Kris cleared his throat and look back to Joonmyun. “Is he your son?”

 Joonmyun reflexively tightened his hold around the little boy until he was wriggling in his grasp.

“No, he’s yours” Joonmyun said in a rush.

                Kris was at a loss. He blinked once, then twice as he tried to process Joonmyun’s words. He looked at the baby, then back at her. “Mine, how?”

                Joomyun blinked as if surprised his question, but he quickly recovered. “Yours as in you fathered him”

Kris let out a humourless laugh. “That can’t be possible, I met you only four months ago and I definitely didn’t sleep with you.” Kris answered.

“I’m not his mother, but you’re his father” Joonmyun said, his voice filled with earnesty.  Joonmyun brown eyes were filled with nothing but what seemed like truth. “I know this must come to you as a surprise” Joonmyun continued.

“Try shock”

Kris studied Joonmyun and with sinking feeling, knew that the shorter male was serious. This wasn’t just some joke that could be brushed off. From what Kris could gather, Joonmyun was telling the truth and he was slightly worried. He was filled with sudden panic, adrenaline surging through his body.  His head went up, his shoulders straightened and he stood braced to fight.

Joonmyun reacted to his aggressive stance reflexively by stepping backwards a few steps and eyeing him with caution, he held Tao even closer than before, Joonmyun’s hand at the back of Tao’s head. Protecting him, if Kris decided to do something to him.

Seeing that he’d frightened the younger, he tried to calm down.  Kris ran his hand down his face as if trying rub away if surprise and waved Joonmyun towards the living room.

Joonmyun looked at him in apprehension before hesitantly leading the way into the living room. Joonmyun perched himself on the edge of the black leather couch and then setting the baby on his lap. Kris watched as Joonmyun swept a hand affectionately over the soft baby black hair and pinched his cheeked lightly. The baby turned to grin at her then proceeded to stud two fingers into his mouth before smiling even more widely.

Kris decided to take a seat on his matching stair a few feet away.  In the few months he’d gotten to know the red-head, he’d found the shorter to be intelligent, diligent, dedicated and friendly with a too bright smile with most people, though a little distant with him. He figured Joonmyun’s reservations came from the same belief that one shouldn’t mix business with pleasure.

Kris eyed the little guy in the red T-shirt, miniature overalls and baby Reebooks, he wasn’t sure what he was to think about the baby in front of him.

All Kris could see was the years of responsibility ahead of him if this little guy was his son. Kris wasn’t sure if he was ready for the responsibility all over again after his parents passed away, leaving him with his brothers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter