Chicken

Amnesia

Key cooked chicken for the five of us and we all sat down together at the table.

"Onew...this is chicken." Minho looked at me intently.  "Please tell me that it rings a bell."

I stared at the piece of uneaten meat lying on my plate.  What's chicken supposed to mean to me?

"Why should it ring a bell?" I asked him.

He smacked his forehead and looked at the others, who also seemed to be shocked and disappointed.  Well, all except Taemin, who sat there staring at his plate.

"Just eat it." Key pleaded.

The three of them watched me closely as I took a bite of the chicken.  My eyes popped open wide.

I didn't think it was that good.

"Holy ." I gasped.

Minho breathed a sigh of relief.  "Thank God.  Onew's still in there somewhere."

I enjoyed the rest of the meal almost too much to realize that Jonghyun, Key, and Minho had been talking, while Taemin sat quietly, eating his chicken quickly and not taking his eyes off of his plate.  The other three didn't seem to care.

Does this happen often?

Taemin was the first to leave the dinner table.  He put his dishes in the sink and walked straight off to his bedroom.

"What's wrong with Taemin?" I asked them.  They all turned to me at once.

"He's always like this." Key said between bites.  "We try to talk to him, but he never gives us any information."

"He's almost fine when he's not around you." Jonghyun added. "He just acts this way when you're here."

"Why?"

They all shrugged.

"Sorry."  Minho sighed.

"We don't know."  Jonghyun took a bite of his food.

"We're waiting it out. We think it might be just a teenager thing." Key sighed.  "But even if it is, I just wish he would talk about it. He seems so miserable."

And, apparently...it's my fault.

 

I was dreading the time that I had to go to bed.  I just knew that Jonghyun was going to make a move on me when I crawled in next to him.  So, I stayed up watching TV with Minho until about midnight, when he decided that he wanted to get some sleep.  I didn't want to stay up alone, so I went into Jonghyun and I's bedroom.

Jonghyun was laying on the bed, wearing nothing but his boxers.  He must have been waiting for me, but he seemed to have fallen asleep.  I quietly changed into my pyjamas and crawled in bed next to him, careful to put some distance between the two of us.

Jonghyun scooched up next to me and put his arms around me, facing my back.

"Thought that you could get away without a goodnight kiss? Sneaky, sneaky." He whispered in my ear before rolling me onto my back and climbing on top of me.  His hands grasped the elastic of my pyjama bottoms, but I quickly slapped them away.

He stuck out his lower lip in a pout before kissing me, laying his body onto mine.  We kissed for what seemed like forever, his tongue dominating me.  I tried to get a word in, but my words were always muffled by his aggressiveness.

After a while, he moved down to my neck and on it.

"Jonghyun-ah." I whined, finally able to speak and breathe.  "We should sleep now.  It's getting late."

He lifted his head sadly and kissed me one last time before rolling off of me.  I felt a huge wave of relief flood over me as his pressure on me was lifted.

He pulled me close to him and snuggled his head into my chest. "Saranghae, Onew."

I didn't respond.

 

 

I awoke to find myself lying on my back, with Jonghyun laying next to me...his hand up my shirt.

Goddamn it.  Take a hint, Jonghyun.

I carefully and slowly pulled his arm out and slid off of the bed, watching him for any movements. I slipped out the door noiselessly.

The light was on in the living room area, so somebody was obviously out there.  I peered into the room to find Taemin sitting on the couch, reading a book.

It was so cute.

He just sat there so innocently, with his back against the arm of the couch and his legs spread across the length of it.  He looked adorable.

"Annyeong." I stepped into the room and greeted him, causing him to flinch and drop his book.

He gasped and stood up quickly, but I put my hand out and motioned for him to sit.

Stiffly, he did so.  I sat down next to him.  He scooted away from me, centimeter by centimeter.

"You okay?"

He nodded slowly.

"You...you don't talk to me.  Ever..."

His eyes were glued to the wall ahead of him.

"Why don't you talk to me, Taemin?"

He shrugged.

"No, don't play that game with me.  You do know, you just don't want to tell me.  Was it something I said or...did?"

He looked into my eyes, then quickly looked away.

"Don't you remember?" He murmured.

"Re-remember? Remember what, Taemin?"

Finally, I was getting closer to the truth.

"Remember...what happened..."

"What?  What happened, Taemin?" I put my hand on his shoulder, causing him to yelp and leap off of the couch.

"D-don't touch m-me." He stammered nervously.

"Taemin, are you alright?  What's going on?"

He shook his head erratically. "I-I'm going back to bed."

I watched him hurry to his bedroom.  What did I do?  Something was seriously wrong here. 


 

Mehmehmeh...I'm kind of angry.  My iPod has been lying to me.  Stupid spell check thingy.  Every time I typed "realize", it changed it to "realise", which really bothered me because I could have sworn that it was supposed to be "realize".  I just searched it, and I was right.  If I have written "realise" where "realize was meant to be, forgive my stupidity.

 

Anyway...this is going to be a very sad story for me to write... justsayin.