Meeting him and meeting her

Are you my Mr.Right?

"I found it Ricky-ah! I found it!" Niel shouted and pointed at the door with the clear lettering, G14. "Alright! Let's hurry and go inside hyung! And I was just about to give up too!" I said and hurriedly opened the huge door to the gymnasium. We were quick and unnoticed by the teacher, and luckily we had on sweatpants so we fitted right in with the rest of the class. "You think like me right? Sweats not jeans! Anyways, looks like everyone's in groups and practicing basketball." I whispered to Niel in case the teacher was strict about talking. We threw our bookbags down carelessly and grabbed a basketball. "Show me your skills Niel! Shoot from here, I bet you can't!" I was walking backwards wondering how far would be good. I concentrated on the rim and net, not looking behind as I continued to walk backwards. "Oh sorry" I felt something hard bump up against me and immediately apologized before I even turned to look at what I bumped into. "Nah, it's fine shorty." What did he say?  I turned to face this bully and he looked like a delinquent already. He had bleached white hair and a style that screamed I'm a bad boy.

"You better take that back" I said to him, clutching onto the basketball, why did I just say that? Do I want to die? In response the boy scoffed and said, "Take what back, all I said was the truth. You're short." I felt my face becoming flushed, I was so angry! "Now you're blushing after taking a good look at me? That's cute."  He began stepping closer to me and disregarding his group of two other boys and three girls. "H-hey, d-don't get so c-close to me!" I pointed an accusing finger at him, this is the first time someone has been so close to me and I was stammering again. I've dealt with bullies before, I have no reason to be afraid. But he was inching closer to me! I started walking backwards, don't be afraid Ricky! You're stronger than him! I stared back at the boy, breaking eye contact is a sign of weakness. My face was flushing red again, my blood was boiling. Anger, that's what I'm feeling, can't stand this kid. My heart was about to burst out of my chest, I can't do this anymore! I looked down and felt my senses slowly come back, now realising I'm at the gym with around fifty others. I wasn't alone, but why did I feel like just a second ago I was alone with this boy? All I could see a second ago was this kid? 

"Hey, who are you to bully my friend!" A familiar voice...it was Niel who shouted out. I was filled with relief but at the same time something other than relief, some foreign feeling filled me when I realised that I've forgotten about Niel for a good five minutes. My hyung was pulling me by the arm, "Did this guy do anything to you?" He said to me and then faced the other with a glare, "You think you can get away with bullying Ricky? I saw you cornering him and I ran over to stop what ever you think you were planning to do!" Niel was enraged, "What were you going to do to him? Hmm?" Niel kept glaring at the other and I couldn't stand it, there was not going to be a war over here! I felt like I had to stop him, who knew what Niel was capable of? "Niel, Niel, it's alright really! I don't need you to protect me, I'm just fine and stronger than you think I am." I said and Niel and I were bickering back and forth when suddenly the bleached hair boy said, "Yeah, he's not as weak as I thought either." The boy was getting closer to me again and I couldn't stand it, I suppose Niel couldn't either. "Hey, let's head back to our practicing basketball shots. Let's stay away from this kid." I agreed with Niel and we turned away, heading to our side of the gym. "See you shorty! See you duck lips!" Niel gasped and I had to drag him with me. When we were finally back to our group, I passed the basketball to another teammate, finally at peace and away from danger. "What's with him? He has some issues." I said and tried to concentrate on our game but every few seconds I just had to turn my head to see what that boy was doing at the moment. It looked like he was as bad in sports as I am, I chuckled as he missed the net by more than a foot. He looked so defeated after every failed shot, I couldn't help but laugh. "Just look at him! Such a failure and he thinks he's the boss of us?" Niel didn't bother to look at the bleached hair kid and said, "I know his name so we can get him in trouble anytime we want. He's Ljoe." I have his name now...Ljoe. A delinquet name for a delinquet person. "How do you know? He didn't introduce himself." I said after realising and he replied, "Yeah, I got good memory. Didn't I tell you, that's how I know you! That person is also in our Social Studies class." Niel and I sighed together, what? I have to deal with that bastard more than one class a day? I can't even imagine what hell will be in store for the rest of the year. Niel seemed to stop paying attention to the subject of Ljoe and was pointing at someone in another group next to us.

"Isn't she cute? I think she's looking at you Ricky-ah!" Niel sounded excited but kept his voice low. She was cute no doubt. The girl had her long natural brown hair in a ponytail and her shirt was a little too short and revealed some skin. She was in a group of all girls and they were laughing and talking loudly. Probably some gossip. Niel and I were looking and analyzing her. She started laughing again and was showing her gums, a charming point for some I suppose."Do you know her name too? I think this is the first time I've seen her though." "Yeah, she's not in our other classes. It would be amazing if she was in all my classes, right?" Niel replied. "If you're so interested why don't you ask her out?" I asked jokingly but Niel looked down shyly, "No way, and she's obviously interested in you. Anyways, it's not like I care about girls" "I love food more!!!" Niel added cheerfully. "Me too! Food is love!" We were laughing uncontrollably and had to catch our breath when we were done cracking jokes. This is so nice. I have an amazing friend here who I know I can laugh nonstop with. My first day at this school has been chaotic but I have to say, I'm grateful and I'm already Mr.Popular! I had to secretly glance at the girl with the ponytail and she was looking straight at me. Is that pretty girl really interested in me? Me who's just a shorty? My thoughts of the girl were then switched to remembering that nasty guy, Ljoe. How dare he call me short? I wish I don't need to talk to that guy again, if we don't I'm sure the year will go on smoothly. Who knows? I might even have a lover soon. I looked at the girl and smiled, hoping she would be the one to ask me out because I am way too shy to go up to a girl. I felt so happy and the class was officially over, hearing the bell ring.