Six

Wolf and Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yoona." Her pace increased at the sound of his familiar voice. She turned sharply on a corner without glancing back. She was trying so hard to make it not so obvious that she was avoiding him all day but now it came clear to him that she really was ignoring his presence. From a normal person's viewpoint it looked as if they had a fight. 

"Yoona!" The voice came louder this time and Yoona had to stop. She bit her lip, preparing herself for rounds and rounds of questions from none other than Luhan. She felt someone's presence on her back and footsteps echoed through her ears. She stayed still, waiting for him to interrogate her. 

"I called you so many times but you didn't answer." Luhan panted. She took a sharp intake of breath and smiled. 

"Sorry, I-I didn't hear you." She blinked while maintaning eye contact with him. She didn't know how she did it but her eyes just did so. She thought she would inevitably avoid him but she didn't. She could not ever ignore him.

Luhan was not convinced. Since she saw him tilt slightly when he loudly called her name he was not convinced that nothing was bothering her at this moment. "Is something wrong?" He asked, his voice concerned. Yoona shook her head while feigning a smile. Luhan could read through her like an open book, it was like they were bound to understand and be connected to each other. He concludes that she would not tell him at all.

"Something is definitely bothering you. Care to tell me what it is?" He pressed on. Yoona remained unmoved with a sign that she will not open .

"Nothing is bothering me." She briefly answers. This time Luhan used his last straw and seized her wrist rather harshly. Yoona struggled under his grip and she knew there was no escaping this time.

"Damn it Yoong, you are still thinking that I wouldn't know?!" He half-shouted and Yoona flinched. "Do you really think you can hide away from me? Do really think it will take days or even weeks to tell me that your actions show that something definitely is wrong? I'm your best friend and I knew you well enough to say that you are lying! And you're avoiding me, why is that?" Yoona bit her lip hard until she could taste her own blood. No, she couldn't tell him. He will never know.

"I'm not avoiding you. Nothing's wrong with me or anything. Look, I'm just tired okay? And maybe I'm just too tired to make you assume that I've been ignoring you all day." Yoona explained. Luhan's grip loosened around her wrist and Yoona watched as he took a step backward.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter