Chapter 27

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

Saturday morning came. No dark clouds were in sight, only the warm sun and the fresh scent of flowers around. It was a very good morning, at least for some students.

Staring at the beautiful cherry blossoms trees, Min Ah thought about a lot of things, especially about Min Hyo Rin. Her friends, particularly Jae Hyo, have warned her not to trust the brown Alice girl. However, Min Ah remembered how sad her emerald-blue eyes looked.

She left her window and walked to the door. She turned the knob, while staring down, and opened the door. She didn't realize there was someone by her doorstop.

"Min Ah…" a familiar voice snapped her back to reality.

"Eh? Oh, Youngmin-sshi!" Her lips curved into a smile. "Good morning!"

"Min Ah, are you all right?" The animal-lover, with his rabbit friend in his arms, gazed deeply on the brunette's face, showing nothing but concern and love for her. "You seem a little daze. Did you get enough sleep?"

Min Ah pretended to be cheerful when she answered, "Of course, I'm all right! I slept like a baby last night." She was beaming with a smile on her face, hoping Youngmin would buy it.

But Youngmin could see right through her. After knowing Min Ah for two years, he can tell whenever she tells the truth or not. "Please don't push yourself too hard, Min Ah," he said in a sweet voice.

"Youngmin-sshi…"

"You can't get through this problem alone," Youngmin continued, as his face flushed red. "I-I'm here for you…" His voice lowered down, because he felt a little embarrassed. Not only that, his heart was quickening in pace.

She was really happy to have such a good friend like Youngmin. Compared to Jae Hyo, Youngmin was more kind, considerate, and friendly. She would always feel comfortable around Youngmin. Even so, this doesn't mean that she liked Youngmin better than Jae Hyo. "Youngmin-sshi…"

"What is it?" Youngmin regained some of his composure, but his face was still red. It became redder when Min Ah entwined her fingers with his free hand.

"Thanks…" she replied, showing her ever famous smile that can melt anyone's cold heart.

Somehow, Youngmin felt like a statue which was stuck in one place. Honestly, he was thrilled to see Min Ah holding his hand, but his nervousness was getting to him. "Y-you're we-welcome, Min Ah…" he managed to say, as he felt the beating of his heart. It was going crazy.

Jae Hyo was walking across the halls with only one thing in his mind—Min Ah. He tried denying to himself that he didn't want to see the bumbling yet adorable girl so early in the morning, but his body was betraying his own mind. His feet had led him all the way and he didn't even bother to turn around. As he approached his destination, he saw his best friend Youngmin holding the hand of his beloved brunette. He became jealous, but he didn't make a fuss, since it was Youngmin. If it was another guy holding Min Ah's hand, then he would surely burn him.

"Youngmin-sshi, let's go to Central Town!" Min Ah said cheerfully. "Remember the dream I told you? You and I were in Central Town and you bought me a box of Fluff Puffs!"

The raven-haired boy cringed at what she said. His jealousy was dangerously rising, but he still kept his cool.

"All right, I'll take you there," replied Youngmin who was still blushing. Then he noticed his best friend standing a few distance away from them. "Jae Hyo?"

Min Ah smiled as she saw Jae Hyo too. "Good morning, Jae Hyo!"

Jae Hyo, with his usual stoic face, gazed upon the two with crimson eyes. The feeling of jealousy lay well-hidden behind his mask. "What's so good in the morning anyway?" he said, irritated.

With a pout, Min Ah released Youngmin's hand and took few steps forward. She stomped on her foot and clenched her fists. "I was just greeting you, Jae Hyo!"

"Whatever…" He rolled his eyes away, acting like he doesn't care. He knew it would annoy her.

"Your attitude really stinks. I can't believe I actually know you." Min Ah blurted out with frustration.

"I don't care," Jae Hyo said with a bored face. He spun on his heels and started walking away.

"Jae Hyo, where are you going?" Youngmin asked.

"Back to my room," he answered nonchalantly. Since Min Ah wanted to spend a time with Youngmin in Central Town, he decided to leave the two alone—even if it hurt him. His best friend's happiness was also important to him and he didn't want to be selfish.