Chapter 16

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

Class 2-B was being noisy again. They were always like that. Some students were flying here and there, some were just lazily sitting around in their seats doing nothing, and others were talking about the explosions heard earlier in the morning.

Woohyun was concerned about the explosions and hoped it was just some kid who set-off firecrackers in the wrong place. He didn't want to think that the explosions were caused by a battle of Alices. "Do you think it was a prank?" he asked Hyuna and Jihyun.

The brown-haired girl shook her head. "I think those explosions were caused by chemicals badly mixed together." Jihyun fiddled with her fingers on the table.

"I don't know," Hyuna said, clasping her hands. "Bombs perhaps?"

"We can't be sure of that," Woohyun replied, hoping it wasn't bombs.

All of the sudden, the class became quiet, as if an angel had just passed by. Woohyun wandered his eyes around to see why the students became still. He then shifted his eyes towards the door and saw 4 students. He gave them a smile and went to them.

"Good morning, everyone!" he greeted cheerfully. He didn't want to show a gloom face in front of Min Ah. He wanted Min Ah to see that he can still smile for her. "How are you feeling, Min Ah-sshi?"

"I'm feeling fine, Woohyun!" she beamed.

"That's good."

"Jae Hyo-sshi, Youngmin-sshi, good morning!" A auburn haired Kim Taeyeon greeted as she approached the boys. "I heard that you've been taking good care of Min Ah. You two must be really tired." She put on a concerned fan-girl face.

"Tch… Whatever…" Jae Hyo didn't bother to say more. He walked pass Taeyeon and went to his seat.

"Oh, that cold attitude of yours is so dreamy, Jae Hyo-sshi," she squealed, getting weird looks from everyone in the room. That was Taeyeon for you. The official and biggest fan-girl you have seen.

Somehow, Taeyeon's actions affected Min Ah. She held her temple, feeling a little dizzy. She unintentionally bumped Jiyoon and held onto to her for balance.

"Min Ah…" Jiyoon said, holding onto her, as she wondered what was wrong.

"Min Ah, are you all right?" Youngmin asked, taking Min Ah's side.

"You better sit down, Min Ah-sshi," Taeyeon suggested, getting a bit worried.

"Hmm… Okay…" Min Ah regained her composure and smiled her usual smile at Taeyeon. "Thank you, Taeng."

A vein popped out of Taeyeon's head. "Who are you calling Taeng?" she yelled out with a fist in the air.

"Taeng?" Woohyun repeated, his eyes going in a state of shock. "Min Ah-sshi, we never told you that you call Taeyeon-sshi Taeng." His sentence was enough to surprise the class.

Jihyun stood up and nodded her head in agreement. "That's right!"

"Eh? What are you guys saying?" Min Ah asked, looking so confused.

"Min Ah-sshi, why did you just say Taeng?" Taeyeon went in front of Min Ah and placed her hands on her shoulders. "I've never told you that."

"I don't understand you, Taeng”. Woohyun, Jihyun-sshi, Hyuna-sshi, and everyone are shocked. “Wae?" She just spoke like she had known them for a long time. "I always call you Taeng because of your attitude or maybe I should call you Cat-Dog girl." She giggled as she remembered the Cat-Dog Alice of Taeyeon.

"What the? You know my Alice? I've never told you that!" Taeyeon was getting scared now. "Okay, when did you find out about my Alice?" she asked.

"Why are you asking me that? I first found out about it when we went out to the city to rescue… um… Who were we trying to rescue at that time, Taeng?" She was speaking like the old Min Ah again.

"We were trying to save Jae Hyo-sshi at that time!" Taeyeon shouted. "But that's not the case here. Min Ah-sshi, you can remember me now?" Her dark green eyes softened as she smiled.

Chunji gasped in excitement. "She remembers!" he uttered, walking up to Min Ah. "I read her mind. She remembers us."

"Why wouldn't I? I remember everyone here clearly," Min Ah said with a smile. But her smile suddenly faded when she looked at Jiyoon, Youngmin, and Jae Hyo. "Well, almost everyone."

Jiyoon felt a pang in her heart, but she was happy that her best friend regained some memories. However, she wondered how it happened. Clearly, she had received word that she could only regain her through the Memory-Erasing Alice.

Many students gathered around Min Ah and cheered for her. They were all happy to have some part of Min Ah back. But not all the students were happy. Jiyoon, Youngmin, and Jae Hyo felt left out since they were the only ones Min Ah couldn't remember.

"How is this possible? Do you know?" Jiyoon asked Jae Hyo in a cold voice.

"It definitely has something to do with that Alice Stone," Jae Hyo replied in equal tone of voice.

"Does this mean that the Alice Stone you gave her was actually a piece of her memory?" Youngmin said, gluing his eyes on the brunette girl.

"I have to report this to Heechul-soensaengnim," Jiyoon said, getting her duck scooter out. "I'm going. You two stay here and watch over her." She gave out one serious face at the two and lifted off.

"Jae Hyo…" Youngmin turned to his best friend, hoping to find some answers to his worried thoughts.

The raven-haired boy stayed silent. He too had questions building up in his mind. He recalled what happened earlier with that Bomb-Alice guy. He knew he would know the answers if he can catch that guy. He swore that the next time they meet; he will not let him escape.

To be continued…

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N ~ This was quite long and I had to go over it a few times to check for some errors. I don't know if I checked right. Yeah, Min Ah can remember a bit now! But not all. Please send in your reviews. No flames, people!