Freshman

My Princess

Luhan's POV

 

I let out a sigh. I nervously turned the doorknob and entered the class. The class was quiet, perhaps because it's a freshman class. I took the seat at the very front of the class. Exactly, I didn't know why I picked that seat. I took off my beg and felt somebody just tapped my shoulder. I turned and found somebody sat next to me. He was quite neat, good-looking and had a bright smile.

"You don't like someone from this place, are you a foreigner?" he asked.

"umm...yes, I came from China but I spoke fluent Korean" I said.

"Oh really? Interesting...who did you learnt korean from?" he asked again. 

"My mother remarried a Korean and my noona taught a bit Korean" I said.

"Your noona, is she Chinese?" he said.

"My stepfather had a daughter so she became my noona" I said. 

"Ohh...I get it, sorry I made you thinked myself weird but if you get to know me more, I'm just actually curious about everything, especially people" he said. It makes you even weirder. I thought to myself.

"So then, I'm Do Kyungsoo but just call me D.O" he said.

"Oh, I'm Luhan, nice to meet you" I greeted.

Then a middle-aged woman entered the class. I glanced at the nametag she had: 'Lee Boo Soung'

"Morning everyone! I believe that this is your first year here, I hope that you could enjoy yourself here in Hyukjung High, now, why don't we start off with...you young man!" I turned and saw Ms. Lee pointed at me. 

"Uh...me?"

"Yes, you" she said. I gulped and went to the front. I took a breath and began my introduction.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Xi Luhan imnida. I'm from China but I moved to Korea 5 years ago and I speak fluent Korean, nice to meet you!" I bowed 90 degrees bow. Suddenly the class had commotion. I began to worry, maybe is it because I'm from China?

"Thank you for your splendid introduction, Luhan, you may return to your seat" Ms. Lee said. I returned to my seat and heard a bit commotion by the girls. 

"Luhan's kind of cute, isn't?" said the first girl.

"You bet he is" said the second girl. I let out a heavy sigh. I don't understand girls.

 

Lunchtime

 

I walked out from the classroom as the lunchbreak bell rang. As I walked along the hallway, I saw a group ran as if they were in a hurry. One of them was the guy sat next to me, D.O.

"Hey D.O! What's the rush about?" I called him.

"Oh Luhan! I heard that they have ddukbokki in the cafeteria and I'm in hurry so that I won't encounter with the seniors for the delicious food!" he said. When I heard ddukbokki, made my stomach growls. 

"Are you coming?" D.O asked. I turned to D.O.

"No thanks, I'll pass" I said.

"Ok then, see you in class" he said as he left in a flash. I continued my walkthrough around the school, I saw noona.

"Oh noona!" I called. Then, she turned as I called her.

"Luhan!" she called me. I went to her.

"So how's class?" she asked.

"Just fine, it's just that the class was a bit awkward" I said.

"Nah! You'll get over it, aren't you going to the cafeteria? I heard the food's getting better this year" she said.

"I was about to but I changed my mind" I lift my shoulder a bit.

"Aish, you haven't change a bit!" she pinched my nose.

"Ya noona!" I rubbed my nose that hurts.

"I won't be taking to the hospital if you get diarrhea all of a sudden" she wrapped her arms.

"I'm not asking you to" I said, raised an eyebrow.

"YOONA!!!" a girl shouted from the end of the hallway.

"Ah Yuri!" Yoona replied. I wonder who could this person might be? I muttered under my breath.

"Yoona, Mr. Yang needs to see immediately! Oh, who is this?" Yuri-sunbae said.

"Oh, this is my brother, Luhan, a freshman here" noona said. I bowed at Yuri-sunbae.

"Oh really? Well then, I'll be borrowing Yoona for a while, we'll talk later, ok?" Yuri-sunbae said as she dragged noona away. I really don't understand high schoolers.

"Sigh, I'm alone again, huh?" I said. I continued my walkthrough. I turned to the window at my left and looked at students walking here and there.

I suddenly bumped a guy as I continued my way.

"I'm so sorry, are you alright?" I asked.

"It's alright, I'm okay, are you?" he asked.

"Ne, I'll be much more careful next time!" I bowed and had a quick glance at his nametag: 'Lee Gikwang'

Lee Gikwang, huh?

"No, it's okay, you must be a freshman, right?" he said as he took out one of his earphone at his ear.. 

"umm...yes, how did you know?" I asked.

"You still have your freshman flower at your coat" he said. I looked at my coat and the flower was still there. How embarrasing!

"I'm sorry, sunbae, I'll be careful next time, I'll be on my way now" I bowed and left the guy there. 

 

Im's residents

 

I clicked at every channel of the television and nothing interests me. I closed the television and let out a sigh. 

"So much for a first day for a freshman like me" I said. I grabbed my economics book and started doing my homework. I was about to start my homework, noona came with our dinner, black pepper steak.

"Better eat before it gets cold" noona said. I took a quick glance at her.

"I'll eat later, ok?" I said without looking at her.

"Ya! You haven't eat since lunch, it's not my fault if you have diarrhea!" noona took a bite of the steak. The smell of the steak really made me want to eat immediately.

"Ok, I'll eat now" I took my plate. Noona smirked. We ate in silent for the next 10 minutes.

"So how's your first day?" noona asked.

"It's fine so far, but I bumped to a sunbae during lunch" I said.

"You bumped someone? Girl or a boy?" noona asked.

"It was a boy. Luckily I took a quick look at his tag, it wrote 'Lee Gikwang' " I said. Noona suddenly stopped eating. I was surprised of her reaction.

"Does it rings a bell to you?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's my classmate" noona sounded disappointed.

"Oh really, well, he was a nice person, and why did you freaked out when I say his name?" I asked. Noona took a while to answer.

"He's just the smartest one in the school, I met him during 3rd grade and he suddenly just kissed me at the park on the way home" noona explained.

"Mwo? Kissed you?" I freaked out.

"It even sounded weird when you say it, I didn't know why he did that but I stood away from him ever since" noona said.

"He didn't look like a bad person" I said.

"I think so too but what happened that day really made me thinked a 1001 possible reasons but I still haven't found the reason why" noona said.

Looks like this Lee Gikwang person really is a mysterious person. Should I figure it out? Aish! my economics homework! Noona!!