Just Maybe

Blind (Short Story or One Shot)

ChaeRi was in the library, studying for her calculus class. She was going to have a test in two days with all the things that she had learned from the last few weeks. Although it seemed like a long time, it was not. To her, it was fast. The time was running minute after minute in such a small amount of seconds that she could not stand it. Damn these stupid tests, she cursed silently in her mind and  scribbled in her notebook as her eyes stared blankly at the equations written in front of her.
Yijeong, her best friend, was sitting beside her, eyeing her with a worried expression on his face. Her eyes did not bother to move away from the notebook in front of her. "Do not look at me like that," she said, not looking up at him, and he snapped out of his daze. "What look?" he asked, dumbfounded.
She finally turned to look at him. "You know what look I am talking about, Oppa," she mumbled and went back to her studying. He frowned slightly at her response. "You should take some rest too, you know.." he says and she shook her head. "I can not do that, Oppa. You know I have an exam on this unit in two days," she pointed out and he pouted. "But, still. That does not mean that you have to work your off for it."
ChaeRi just shook her head in disapproval of his comment and stood up, her notebook in her hands. "I am going to another table. I have some studying to do," that was all she said before heading towards an empty table and sat down in a chair, opening her notebook back to the page that she was on before and continued on her studying.
At the sight of seeing her studying, he made a face. "You are so stubborn," he muttered. She was. He cursed god for having to make her such a stubborn girl and frowned at her direction. He hated seeing her studying hard for just one test. He wasn't even sure if she liked studying or not by all the studying that she had been doing for the last three days. If she did, he would've had taken all her textbooks and notebooks, and burned them all until they were turned to ashes.
Curse the school too, he thought and ruffled his hair.
He got up from his seat and walked over to the table that she was at. He stared down at her, she seemed to be concentrating hard on the equations and problems. He grimaced and pulled out a chair, facing her and sat on it. He eyed her. "Cherry," he called her nickname. She would always look up if she heard any of them call her that.
This time, she did not.
He moved closer to her. knowing what to say to get her attention. "Hyung called me."
Her attention was still on her notes, but he could see her eyes darting towards him with her full attention. He grins. "Hmm. I wonder why he called..?" he asked himself, pretending to ponder deeply, and she turned to face him. "Did he say anything about me?"

Got her.

He tapped his chin. "I do not know...Perhaps...He did?" he said in a taunting tone and she frowned. "Yah, do not play around with me."
"I am not. He did."
"Show me your call log, then?"
"Alright," he took out his phone and turned it on.
After a few seconds of tapping and all, he held out his phone towards her with a wide grin on his face. "See?"

Where are you?

She stared at him with a 'Are-You-Kidding-Me' look and he shook his head. "No."
"Yah, Jang Yijeong. This is texting, not calling," she says and shoved his hand away from her face. He fiddled with his phone, afraid to drop his cell. "Yah! You made me almost drop my precious new phone!" he exclaimed, gaining hushes from other people. She grins at him in return. "You probably deserved it."
He scoff. "Meanie."
"You are the one who is mean, not me," she stuck her tongue out at him and went back to studying. He frowned at the sight. "ChaeRi.."
"hmm?"
She didn't bother to look up. "What?"
"Are you studying again?" he asked, she nodded. "Yeah, why?"
"Can you not do that right now?"
"Why? There is nothing to do anyways. Studying will not hurt."
He sighed. "Of course, it does."
"Like what?" she asked, blinking at him and he shrugged, "Oh, I do not know.." he sat his chin in the palm of his right hand. "Possibly.Because.."
"Because, what?" she muttered, getting a little agitated by him. He leaned closer to her. "Maybe Hyung do not like girls who study hard, like you," he marveled, she frowned. "Oppa~"
He pulled back and shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows, he might not."
She scrunched up her nose and turned away from him. "I hate you."
He laughs lightly. "I know you do not. You are just saying it," he cooed and she glared at him. "Way to go for making me insecure, jerk," she mumbles and packed her things, getting ready to leave. He furrowed his brows. "Where are you going?"
"Anywhere, but here," she muses and he pouted again. "Seriously? I was just stating the obvious. He really do not like girls who studies."
She could not help, but feel uneasy. "Thanks for the fact, Oppa. Now, bye. I will see you guys later."
She left.
Yijeong frowned deeply. He knew what she was feeling at the moment. Insecurities and sad. He felt bad and guilty now. But, if maybe she opened up a little towards him, he might notice her.

Just maybe...

Then, he will see her heart, and how she felt towards him.