A Friend

Blind (Short Story or One Shot)

Her mother was downstairs in the basement doing the laundry as she sat in her seat, eating her breakfast. It was her first year of college and she was excited. Not exactly.
For one, she does not think that she is ready for college, yet. And two, the only reason why she was going to college was because of her crush. For the first time in her life, she felt the need to be at school. It was as if he had hypnotized her in going.

"Cherry, honey! It's almost time for you to go!" she heard her mother's muffled voice from downstairs and she immediately stood up from her chair. "I know!" she called back and quickly wiped the table clean with the speed of lighning, putting the dishes in the sink and all.
About two minutes later, she was out the door and was running half a block to her bus stop (City bus). Her breathings were uneven and she was out of breath. "If I miss this day, I do not know how I could survive," she mumbled and dusted her skirt before taking out a couple of bucks that her mother had given yesterday for bus tickets.
It was surprising, too. Never had she thought her mother would do such a thing. Eversince she had been growing up, her mother had never cared for her. Well, she does, but her mother just don't seem to understand her or pay much attention to her. She was mostly focused on her job and taxes. It pained her, but she was used to it; so no harm done - At the moment, for sure.
The bus came - No. 14.
She got in and paid for the ticket before taking a seat and the driver drove off.
A smile formed on her lips as she stared out the window. There it was again, the fluttering in her stomach that would make her go weak. She was having butterflies in her stomach now. Today was going to be short day.

"ChaeRi!" a familiar voice called, making her stomachs do funny flips. Instantly, she turned around to see her crush with his friends across the hall from where she was standing. "Oh, oppas!" she shouted and waved, smiling brightly as she ran towards them.
"Woah, calm down, Chae," Sihyung said with a chuckle and she grinned. "Sorry."
Yijeong grinned back at her and wrapped an arm around Song Kyung's neck. "Jealous much?" he asked, with a giddy smile and she blushed, looking away from him.
Yijeong, the greedy maknae he is, knows her secret. She can't hide it forever inside her. Besides, they both had been friends for a long time, even before the rest of the others came into their lives. So, why would he not know that his very own best friend has a huge crush on his other best friend, too?
'I dare you to confess to him,' he mouthed the words to her and she shook her head, making him pout.
He can be helpful at times too, not really, though.
Do Kyun stared at the both of them suspiciously. "Are you two hiding something from us, ChaeRi?" he asked, causing her to snap back to reality. "Oh, huh?" she asks.
He chuckled.
She flushed red. "N-No, of course not, Oppa.."
Sihyung raised a brow. "Huh, really?"
She nodded and Do Kyun chuckled, ruffling her hair. "Either way, I still do not believe you," he says and turned to Yijeong with his suspisious look. "You better not hide anything from your hyungs, Yijeong-ah."
The young one just laughed it off and wrapped his other arm around ChaeRi's neck, purposely bringing her close to him. "I am not, Hyung. Trust me," he says, grinning like an idiot and squeezed her closer to him. Her cheeks burned. Was is it getting hot? Or, was it just her?
Sihyung eyed her weirdly. "Yah, Chae, are you okay? Your cheeks are getting red," he observed and she tried to struggle from Yijeong's grip. "A-Ani! I..I am fine. It is just that..I-It is hot. Yeah, it is hot!" she blurted out absentmindedly and the youngest burst out in laughter. "Are you serious, Chae? The air conditioner is on! How can it be hot in a big building with air conditioner on like this?"
Song Kyung removed his arm and smiled charmingly at her, chuckling. "You can be funny at times, you know," he said and she blinked at him. Was that supposed to be a compliment, or an insult for being dumb?
She didn't know.
Do Kyun grinned, looking from her to Song Kyung. "Oh..Or is it because you have a crush on our friend here?" he questioned and her eyes enlarged. "Wh-What?! N-No! I do not! I do not like anyone!" she protested and Sihyung smirked. "You are protesting in a loud voice. Maybe Do Kyun is right, right?" he asked, turning to the second eldest, who nodded. "You can not lie to us, Chae."
Her cheeks flushed more, like a tomato, but she kept her cool. "Yah, are you guys teasing me because I am a girl?" she asked, trying to make a point.
Yijeong shook his head. "No, we are just pointing out the obvious," he cooed.
She pouted. "Jeong Oppa~" she whined and tugged onto his arm, signaling him to stop. 'Please do not torture me like this' she was trying to send that message with a harder tug.
He gave in.
"Alright. Lets go to class. You guys know how professors are when we are late," he says and she smiled sweetly at him. 'Thank you' she gave him that sincere look and he nodded. He can a teaser, but he can also be a knowing person too. A friend like Yijeong, she don't know if she could live without someone like him.

A friend who understands her.

-------------​-------------​-------------​-------------​-------------
Okay, so the first chapter is up. Is it good? Horrible? Please give me feedbacks so I can fix what I've done wrong 
or not, and so do a better job. (:
Thanks!

Please SUBSCRIBE TOO! ^^