Chapter 3

Chinese Restaurant

It’s been a week. It’s been a week since Myungsoo brought Woohyun with him to the Chinese restaurant. It’s been a week that he’s been name called by his supposed best friend. It’s been a week since he realized he was indeed the biggest moron in the planet. It’s been a week since he stopped being able to sleep at night.

Thoughts of Yixing with another man started hunting him and he couldn’t do anything about it. All he did was go back to the restaurant and order the same thing, barely touching it. He would just look at the clumsy yet flawless man in front of him. It’s been a whole week since he had gone to the restaurant and felt something changed. The atmosphere around him was weird, it made him feel really uncomfortable but he didn’t know what it was. It’s been a week since he started feeling like crap.

“Myungsoo! Wake up!” He looked to the side and saw his friend with a stern look on his face as he kept on driving. It was Saturday, either of them had to work and for some stupid reason, Myungsoo had agreed on going with his friend to god knows where. He wasn’t even sure if he agreed on going out with him.

All he knew was that at 8AM his invaded his apartment and threw him out of his very comfortable bed. Why he gave his friend a spare key in case of an emergency, he didn’t know, but he was starting to regret it. He was probably drunk when that happened, it was the only explanation. “I’m talking to you and you’re ignoring me! You’re so rude.” Woohyun complained as he continued paying attention to the road and Myungsoo rolled his eyes and kept on looking through the window.

“Why did you wake me up at this ungodly hour of the morning? It’s the weekend you know? I won the right to sleep until I please.” Myungsoo started rubbing his tired eyes but didn’t notice the small smile on Woohyun’s face. The older man didn’t spoke, he just continued on driving and the younger couldn’t help but wonder where the hell they were going. He has never been in this part of town; at least he doesn’t think he has.

Seoul was a big city and he didn’t have time to tour around it. He was happy with just knowing his usual coffee place, his apartment, his office and the Chinese restaurant neighborhood. That was enough for him and he didn’t need to look around the city. “Where are we going anyways?”

He asked as he gave a big yawn and brought his jacket closer to his body. He wasn’t a morning person and when he was forced to wake up he would usually be cranky, with a horrible mood and would complain more than anyone. “Today we’re having a day like w haven’t had since college!” Woohyun said with a smile on his face.

“You mean getting drunk out of our asses from morning to night?” Woohyun didn’t know if he should laugh at the memories or if he should feel ashamed. He remembered every single day of his wild like with Myungsoo back then and some things were meant to be forgotten like the two of them ending up in a guy’s apartment that later ended up being their boss.

It was horrible and embarrassing but one thing was for sure. Myungsoo was braver back then and knew how to have fun. Not to mention he wasn’t shy about asking people out. But maybe that was because he was either completely wasted and had no control of himself or because those people weren’t “his own true love” like Yixing was. Myungsoo’s words. “No. We’re passed that. We’re responsible adults now. We’re just going to get some breakfast, then go shopping, then have lunch, go watch a movie and we’ll end it with a visit to the bars.”

Myungsoo looked at his friend from the corner of his eyes. “….and you grew a when?” He asked not really amused by those plans. If he wanted to do all of those things he would do them alone, not with another guy. He really didn’t need to be labeled as many names that were crossing his head at that exact moment. “If I wasn’t driving I would punch you right now.” Woohyun said as he started parking his car in front of some buildings. Myungsoo looked outside and raised a brow. “If we’re getting breakfast, why are we here? I don’t see any coffee place.”

“I’ve to get my date first. Woohyun said as he started getting out of the car, making the younger man really curious. “Date? Am I going to be the third wheel?” Myungsoo was already hating this day, and thinking he was going to be the third wheel made him madder than before. He refused to believe he woke up that early just to be Woohyun’s third wheel.

“Is that guy from the office that doesn’t stop stalking you? Because honestly, no matter how much I hate you right now, you can do better.” The younger closed the door behind him but allowed his back to rest against the car since Woohyun was right next to him sending a text to god knows who. “Trust me, it’s not him.”

The younger raised a brow. “Then who is he? Do I know him?” Woohyun smirked at the question as he placed his cell phone in his pocket. He crossed his arms and looked to the man next to him. “Believe me, you know him. And hey, he’s going to bring a friend. You might have some fun.” Myungsoo crossed his arms and glared to his supposed friend.

“I don’t need to meet some idiot’s friend. I’m perfectly fine.” Woohyun fought the urge to answer and to roll his eyes. Sometimes the younger man got into his nerves way too much, but he did his best just to brush it off and smile. The two stood in complete silence and even thought curiosity was killing Myungsoo, he decided to shut his mouth and wait.

“Woohyun!” Fortunately, they didn’t have to wait too much. It seemed Woohyun’s date was actually punctual. What he didn’t expect was to see that so familiar face in front of him.  He couldn’t believe that he was actually seeing the blond man in front of him. Was this for real? “Luhan? As in the Chinese waiter, he’s your date?”

Myungsoo asked with his mouth wide open and Woohyun smiled proudly. He opened his arms for the Chinese man and Myungsoo saw the blond man give a short hug to Woohyun and he could swear he saw them kiss, even thought he probably imagined it since Woohyun was actually very private and hated to share everything to the world.

The two men turned their attention to Myungsoo, who was still in shock and smiled to him. “Hi Myungsoo. Nice to see you outside the restaurant.” Luhan said with a small, charming smile but all Myungsoo could do was stare at them. “…You’re actually dating….like…going out…kissing…” Woohyun smiled and looked into the younger man’s eyes. “Oh yeah, we’ve been going out since you took me out to dinner. You left the restaurant and I went out to his house.”

Very disturbing images started crossing his head, involving Woohyun, Luhan and a bed. He was pretty sure that he was seconds away to bleach his eyes. “How is this even possible?” Myungsoo still couldn’t understand how this could be happening. It made no sense. “We just clicked you know? And, unlike you, I’ve balls to ask the guy out as soon I feel attracted to him.”

Myungsoo wanted to hide his head in shame. He couldn’t believe he just heard this from his friend. And it was even more embarrassing because it was true. While he had been ogling all over Yixing for a year, Woohyun just needed an hour to have Luhan in his arms. God, he was such a coward. “I still don’t know why it took you so long to bring your friend.” Luhan said with a small smirk on his lips as he looked to Myungsoo and then to a very happy Woohyun.

“You’ve been going to the restaurant for a year.” It was like Luhan was throwing it to his face and he hated it. He thought that the blond waiter was sweet and caring but it looked like he was just as mean and cold as Woohyun. No wonder they clicked. No wonder they were together now. Wait, were they together? Were they actually dating or just, you know, getting to know each other? He looked at them and raised a brow. No, the way they were looking at each other they had slept together, for sure.

“Where’s your friend?” Woohyun asked as he looked to the blond man in front of him and Myungsoo just rolled his eyes. These two were annoying him for some reason and he was pretty sure if Luhan’s friend was like him, this was going to be one of the worst days of his life. He was sure of it. “I think he’s almost here.” He said as he stopped looking at them and started looking around.

Luhan kept on scanning their surroundings and smiled when he saw the person he was looking for. He started waving happily but Myungsoo didn’t even have the courage to look at him. All he could do was look down his hands.  He wasn’t in the mood to meet some random friend who was probably just like Luhan. He wasn’t in the mood to meet new people. He wanted to go back to his apartment and stay there until it was dinner time so he could go back to the restaurant.  That was what he was supposed to do, he knew it.

“Yixing! Over here!” He heard Luhan say with a very happy voice and Myungsoo’s heart stopped. Did he heard right? Did he heard the right name or was just his imagination? He heard footsteps coming closer but he still didn’t raise his head. Instead he kept on looking to the floor, waiting. Waiting for some kind of proof that the man that was coming closer to them was actually who he wanted to be.  “I’m sorry, I lost track of time and over-slept.” Myungsoo knew that voice anywhere. He could recognize that voice even from space.  That voice that made him shiver from head to toe, that voice that made time stop, that voice that made him feel like the biggest coward in the whole world.

 “It’s okay, we just got here.” Woohyun said with a smile actually enjoying how his friend was reacting to all of this. “Oh…you’re the client that came with Myungsoo last week….” Myungsoo couldn’t believe Yixing actually remembered Woohyun as “his friend”. He wasn’t sure if he should be happy or angry that Yixing actually remembered Woohyun in the first place. “I told you we started dating. You’re so forgetful!”  Luhan complained but with a small smile on his face making the other Chinese man look down to his hands in embarrassment. It wasn’t really his fault that he was forgetful about almost everything and everyone around him.

“Myungsoo….” The Chinese man finally noticed him and the man was about to explode. He loved how his name came out of Yixing’s lips. It sounded beyond perfection. “…H…Hi…” Myungsoo managed to say as he raised his head. He couldn’t even breathe properly when he saw Yixing smiling back at him and showing that cute dimple in his cheek. “Hi. Nice to meet you outside the restaurant.”

Myungsoo opened his mouth to speak but closed it when he felt Woohyun literally pushing him to the front line and Myungsoo could swear he was going to die right at that exact moment. He was the closest he has ever been to Yixing and he was sure he was about to call an ambulance for himself.

Luhan and Woohyun looked at the two men in front of them and didn’t know if they should laugh or punch both. Instead they smiled and looked at their friends. “Shall we go? I predict we’re going to have an amazing day today.”