Chapter 3

Her Special Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The words or sentences with this color mmmm are either pictures or GIFs, just to spice up the story a bit.

 

C H A P T E R  3

"A Letter"

190117

 

 

 

 

The last three days has been complete and utter torture. The funeral just ended today, it lasted for three days. My grandfather was the one who arranged the whole funeral for I was too drained to do anything.

All my family came as soon as they heard about the news. My grandfather, my uncle, my auntie, and my cousin. Jihoon oppa and Sumin unnie took care of me after the traumatizing day. We all had a sleepover at Jihoon oppa's house.

Numb. That is how I feel; completely numb. I didn't want to eat. I didn't want to move. All I want to do is sleep. I saw them when I sleep, and I'm afraid of not seeing them when I wake.

The police, however, are still investigating the death of my parents. I can't wait for them to catch the killer whoever they are. If they do not, I will. I will find the ing bastard who did this, and I will make them wish they were never born. Even If that was the last thing I do.

I'm currently staying over at Jihoon oppa's. Jihoon oppa's family have been always considered as family friends, heck his parents are like second parents to me. I have known them since I was a baby.

My uncle and auntie offered me to stay with them, but I didn't have the heart to stay away from my house, since it was my parent's. I know eventually that I will have to move in with a family member since I am still a minor. My grandfather had some work to do after the funeral and he promised me that he will come back as soon as possible.

"Sweetheart, there is someone downstairs waiting for you," oppa's mother said after opening the door with a comforting smile.

"Ok, mama."

Yeah, I'm that close with oppa's parents. Although, I call them mother and father in Chinese. I walked down to greet the visitor. It was a man in his fifties. He wore a clean suit with glasses.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo Ms. Yun," he said, following my gesture. "My name is Kim Youngho, I am your family lawyer. I am sorry for your lost."

"Thank you."

I sat down on one of the sofa opposite of where Mr. Kim was sitting. Jihoon oppa also sat next to me.

"I am here to discuss the inheritance," he said, taking out papers from his briefcase, "Your parents left everything to you, but since you are only seventeen, you can't have most of the inheritance until you are nineteen."

"However, Mr. and Mrs. Lee wanted you to have this." He handed me an envelope. "And you are required by the law to move in with a family member. Unfortunately, I tried to make you live with the Jung family as I heard that that was your wish, but It wasn't possible."

"Yes, mama and baba don't mind me living with them," I nodded, "So, when do I have to move out?"

I only had two options. Either I move in with my uncle and auntie or move in with my grandpa. Uncle and auntie travel a lot. It's not a bad thing but I really want to finish school. So, grandpa is the only option possible.

"You have two days," he said, "Thank you for your time, Ms. Lee, I must go now."

"Let me show you the way," Jihoon oppa said, standing up. Mr. Kim nodded thankfully as he stand up but paused.

"Your parents would want you to have this." He handed me three rings. My parents' wedding rings, and my mom engagement ring.

"Thank you," I looked at Mr. Kim gratefully. He nodded then walked towards the door. I looked down at my right hand where the rings are, tearing.

"Are you alright, dear?" oppa's mother placed her hand on my shoulder, making me look at her teary eyed.

I sniffed. "Yeah. Why am I crying?" I let out a chuckle, tightening my right fist.

"Oh sweetheart," mama hugged me.

 

 

"Don't you want to check what's inside the letter?" Sumin unnie said curiously.

We are both currently lying on oppa's bed staring at his white ceiling; meanwhile oppa is just chilling out on his red bean bag.

"Yeah, sooner or later you'll open it," Jihoon oppa stated.

"I guess.." I raised my hand looking at the letter. I really want to know what the envelope contained, but in the same time I don't want to know what's inside it.

I looked at unnie asking her with my eyes 'open it?' and she nodded. I sat on the bed instead of laying down, and unnie followed my lead. I opened the envelope gingerly, taking out a few papers out.

The first few papers were documents about what I inherited from my late parents, while the last two papers were a letter from umma and appa. My heart felt heavy. Sumin unnie rubbed my back in comfort. Jihoon oppa sat next to me and patted my head.

I subconsciously gulped, and started reading the letter.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter