Part 2 (Jinki's POV)

Once It's Crumpled

I was wrong. 
Why was I so stupid to cheat on you?
I am sorry I left you so heartbroken on your birthday
Mianhae, cheongmal mianhae.
I am so dumb, but I can only blame it on myself.


Today, I wander in my memory

I’m passing around on the end of this way


Those beautiful memories, I wonder if you still remembered.

-Flashback-

You were out at the balcony, looking at the shimmering stars and the full moon. I crept behind you and hugged you from behind. You got a shock but you realized it was me and you laid your head on my shoulders. “Yeobo,” you started out and I smiled at the nickname, “it’s a beautiful night, isn’t it?” “Yeah,” I smiled and breathed in your rose scented hair. You suddenly shuffled in the hug and pulled away. 

“Jinki, do you love me?” You asked.
“Yah, Bummie, are you doubting my love for you?” I gave a little pout and looked away, pretending to be angry at you.
“Aww, my yeobo is angry, I won’t ask that anymore, I promise!” You said and gave a little kiss on my cheek.
“Hmph.” I folded my arms and continued looking away like a little kid does when he doesn’t get his toy.
“Don’t be angry! What do you want me to do to appease you?” You asked.
“I want another kiss on my cheek!” I demanded, using my cutest voice.
“All right,” you sighed and just as you were about to touch my cheeks with your plump lips, I turned to my right and my lips touched yours. I smiled into the kiss and you broke it off. 
“Hey! You cheeky little thing!” You pouted.
“Awww, you are so cuteee!” I pinched your cheeks. 
You then settled down in my arms once again and said, “Promise to love me always and never cheat on me, okay?”
“I will promise to love you, even if you don’t love me anymore and why would I want to hook up with any girls when the most beautiful person and the perfect person is here in my arms?”
“You cheesy little thing,” even without looking at you, I knew you were as red as a tomato, “but I like it.” 

-End of Flashback-

I broke the promise to never cheat on you. 
Why did I let Jessica seduce me?
You warned me a couple of times, but I took your words lightly, assuring you that nothing is going to happen between Jessica and I.

-Flashback-

You came to look for me in the office, your eyes shown a little hint of sadness. 
“Bummie, is there anything wrong? Why are you so sad?” I asked, oblivious of what my colleagues were saying about Jessica and I.
“Jinki, promise never to cheat on me all right?” You said, looking down.
“I promise, what happened bummie?” 
“You are getting too close to Jessica nowadays, and your colleagues said that you and Jessica are very compatible.” 
I laughed a little, “bummie, don’t be paranoid all right? Jessica and I are in the past, you and I are the present, forever, and always will be a couple.” I smiled, assuring you that nothing is going to break us apart. I promised once again to not cheat on you nor will I stop loving you.

-End of Flashback-

I broke one of two promises that I promised you, and that is to never cheat on you.
I won’t break the other one, and that is to never stop loving you.

You’re still holding me tightly, even though I can’t see you any more

I’m losing my way again
I’m praying to the sky, 
Please let me see you and hold you once more



I hope you are safe out there.
I just hope you are still holding on to me, even though you are away from me. 
I wish that you would give me a second chance and also let me see you and hold you once more.


It can’t be if it’s not you

I can’t be without you it’s okay


I can’t live without you.
Look at how messy I look nowadays. 
I need you here with me.
I don’t even bother going to work anymore.
At this rate, I think I am going crazy missing you.
I will try means and ways to find you, to have you in my arms, and never let you slip through my fingers, ever again. 

If I’m hurt for a day and a year like this
It’s fine even if my heart’s hurts

Yes because I’m just in love with you


I have made my mind, I am gonna find you no matter what it is gonna take. 
You are my life and I can’t live without you at all.
You are what I am today, my heart is with you, remember? 
And your heart is still with me, I won’t let it go, no matter what.
Are you really not in Seoul, or are you just lying to me?

I cannot send you away one more time

I can’t live without you it can’t be if it’s not you

I can’t be without you it’s okay 


You are not at Busan. As I walked past the beach, I remember we would spend our weekend here in the beach. In the afternoon, we would be busy splashing water onto each other. At sunset we would be looking at the horizon of the sea where the sun sets and you would place a sweet kiss onto my lips. In the night, we would look at the blanket of stars and of course the beautiful moon. You would lie on my shoulders and whisper sweet nothings into my ears. Have you forgotten all of this?

If I’m hurt for a day and a year like this

It’s fine even if my heart’s hurts

Yes because I’m just in love with you



Where are you, Kibum? Why wouldn’t you let me find you? I am here at Incheon, but you are still nowhere at sight. 

My bruised heart is screaming to me to find you

Where are you? 

Can’t you hear my voice? to me…


Kibum, where are you? Please, let me meet you again, I won’t let you leave me anymore. I have arrived at Daegu. If destiny allows us to meet, I guess, we are fated to be together. I will give up if I cannot find you here. All I can do is to hope and hope that fate allows us to be together.

If I live my life again if I’m born over and over again

I can’t live without you for a day

You’re the one I will keep

You’re the one I will love



This place certainly brings back a lot of memories. Kibum, do you remember? Remember you would bring me to the hill and we would have our picnic under the tree. The first time I brought you here, you took a penknife and started carving a heart. I asked you what were you doing, and you replied that this tree would be the object that represents our eternal love. “JK <3 KB” I ran my hands over the carved area. It hasn’t been too long ago and yet you are giving up on me? No way am I going to let this happen. 

There are no signs of you at the hill, therefore, I walked down and hoped that you would be somewhere in Daegu.

Just at the moment, I saw you coming out of the candy shop, holding onto the candy we both liked. I instantly knew you haven’t given up on me. The ring on your hand, shows it as well. You didn’t throw away my heart even though I had cheated on you.

“Kibum!” I shouted with all my might. There is no way I will let you go again. 
The moment you saw me shouting for you, you immediately ran away. Why, Kibum, why? I couldn’t care much and just ran after you. I am not gonna let this rain stop me from running after you. Because, I know your heart is where I truly belong. Wait, why is everything around me so blur? The world is spinning, “Kibum!” was the last thing I shouted before I fell onto the ground with a thud and everything around me was in pitch black.

“Where am I?” I asked and I felt an excruciating pain on my forehead. I immediately brought my hands to massage a little.

“You are at my house. Why did you starve yourself for days? Do you know how worried I was when you fainted?” The mysterious person said. However, this voice, its so familiar! I forced my eyes open and I saw the most beautiful person in the world, standing right in front of me, the one that I cheated on, Kibum.

“KIBUM!” I tried to get up and hug him, but the pain on my head wouldn’t go away and its stopping me from the warm touch that I missed. 

“Stop trying to get up. Just lie down, gosh, why are you so stubborn.” Kibum fussed over me. I don’t mind, I missed the way he fussed over me, the way he nagged at me to do things, the way he cared about me. I smiled the signature smile of mine. 

“Are you okay? Did you get hurt when you fainted?” Kibum continued asking. 

“No, I am fine.” I looked at him with the dreamy eyes. I guessed he caught me looking at him that way, he then coldly said, “good that you are fine, I shall leave now, leave my house when you are feeling all right.” As he was about to leave, I grabbed his arm, “no, don’t leave me please. Let me explain to you,” I begged.

“No, I have seen clearly what happened with my own eyes, there’s no use denying.” He used his free arms and freed himself from my arms. I flinched a little. 

“Wait, Kibum, I just want to say, I am sorry. I am sorry for cheating on you even though I promised not to. I don’t know what came over me. I just… I just, can’t resist the temptation when Jessica seduced me. I can’t live without you. I have been in a mess ever since you went away. If you would give me a second chance, I promise, promise to never let you go again, to cherish you and never cheat on you ever again. I still kept a promise. Remember I promised not to stop loving you? Yeah, I never stopped loving you. I am sorry for what I had done to you. We can be normal friends if you like, I don’t think you still have the courage to trust me anymore. But I am going to try my best and let you fall in love with me again.” I looked down guiltily.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped at my waist. “No, I don’t want to be friends. Over these past few days, I realized that I couldn’t live without you too. I love you Jinki, but you just had to break my heart, why? WHY?” Kibum’s voice quivered as he said. He hit my chest, but if this is the only way he is going to forgive me, I am not going to stop him from doing that. 

I’m…yes because I’m happy enough if I could be with you

This was a test that God put us through to see if our love could conquer all problems. I am glad that we had overcome all these problems. 

Those days spent alone, would serve as a reminder to never break your heart again. I missed your touch and those warm, loving hug. 

It has to be you, if not my life wouldn’t be perfect.
It has to be you, so that my days would be complete.
It has to be you, that I would spend the rest of my life with.
Now that fate brought us back once again, it has to be you that God wants me to be with. 
There are so many people in this world, millions and billions of them, but I found you.
Sometimes, the work of God is so amazing, right?