Four

Set Up Gone Wrong

A/N: Long time no see >.< I'm slowly writing updates for my stories, and I have a new one in the works ^^ Sorry for the lack of updates, but life has been busy ^^;; THANK YOU ALL <3 

 

(Ricky POV)

 

We were all in the waiting room for Show Champion, except for Ljoe hyung. He had sent our manager hyung a text a few minutes ago, saying that he was on his way. Ljoe hyung had spent the entire day with L hyung, so that must have meant that he hadn't forgiven Chanhee hyung yet. I just hoped that it wouldn't affect either of their performances on stage. We practiced too hard and too long for mistakes.

 

Chunji hyung was sitting on a chair, playing some game on his phone and on a lollipop. I waved my hand in front of his face to get his attention, and sat in front of him with a wide smile. He looked up, looking pretty much hopeless and emotionally battered. Blinking, he shut his phone and looked at me. I felt really bad for him--I mean, everyone but Ljoe hyung knew about Chunji hyung's feelings, and then Ljoe hyung goes and pulls something like this. I knew Chunji hyung was hurting, and I felt sad that I couldn't do anything to help him. He didn't want to talk about it or anything, and when I did bring it up, he gave too many vague answers.

 

"Are you gonna be okay, hyung? Come on, don't look so sad! Our fans will be so disappointed to see you sad!" I pouted, clasping his hands together in front of him for emphasis.

 

He slowly broke into a smile and patted my head. Success! "I'll try my best, Ricky-ah. And don't worry, I did some separate practicing earlier, so I should be fine on stage." Chunji hyung nodded. Jeez, he was so bad at lying. I could see the…the…pain? I don't know, something, in his eyes. He was hurting a lot.

 

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. I turned my head, and saw Niel hyung standing there, particularly in front of Chunji hyung's range of vision, clearly blocking something. Well, you would have never guessed, but his facial expression already gave everything away. There was some sort of commotion in the front of the room. Chunji hyung tried to tilt both left and right, to see what was going on, but Niel hyung moved his body to block whichever way Chunji hyung tilted towards. "Niel, what's going on?" Chunji hyung finally asked, exasperated.

 

Niel hyung pressed his lips together, his brows knitted. It was unlike his usually bubbly, playful self, so I knew there was something wrong.

 

It looked as if he was having a mental battle with himself, but finally decided to step to the side.

 

There, in front of us, was LJoe hyung, pretty much face with L hyung. I widened my eyes and covered my agape mouth with my palm, immediately turning back around to face Chunji hyung. The only thought that ran through my head was the fact that Ljoe hyung was an idiot. I mean, how could he do this--

 

Despite everything, Chunji hyung seemed to be taking things well. He looked hurt and disappointed, no doubt. But those emotions lasted for a good ten seconds. He forced on a smile, and pressed his lips together, excusing himself and abruptly walking out of the room. None of us missed the fact that bumped his shoulder with Ljoe hyung's.

 

(Chunji POV)

 

I just needed some air. You would think they would have the decency to at least do their business outside. God, what the hell did I get myself into? It would be easier to just forget everything I ever felt for him, but if it was that easy then I would have been over this ages ago. I hate this. I hate my life. I can’t believe that I was a part of the group that orchestrated this. I made this happen. Before all this, I actually thought that he sort of liked me too. I probably misread every word, every look, every expression… It was easier to pretend that he liked me than to pretend that he didn’t. All of this was messed up, and it ing .

 

(Ljoe POV)

 

Well, this took an unexpected turn. I didn’t mean for it to go this far. We agreed that it was a pretty dicky move for our groups to try to set us up, and we wanted to get back at them in a way we knew would shock them. Sure, I genuinely had a nice time with L. It wasn’t anything new though; our groups hung out all the time. All the kisses, the dates…it was fake. The whole pissed off at Chunji thing, though? That was real.

 

I didn’t know what his problem was. I did nothing to upset him. When I tried to talk to him, he gave me the cold shoulder, so of course I got irritated. I might have lost my temper at the rehearsal studio, but he hit me. Chunji and I arguing was rare, but we never got physical with each other, until now. More of an incentive to piss him off. He’s been angry since I got back with the date with L. If it’s L that pisses him off, then L and I will have to step up our game.