One

Set Up Gone Wrong

 

A/N: credit to honkinohonki on tumblr for the pic! This is so fun to write I just ;~;

 

 

(Ricky POV)

 

"Ljoe hyung! You're going to be late!" I screamed into the dorm. Groaning, I leaned against the door way, crossing my arms over my chest. He was always late, and that hadn't changed much since our trainee days. He was lucky he had me and the other member around, or else he would get scolded everyday. Most days, when we had performances on music shows, we had to literally drag him out of the dorm and throw him into the car. Our dorm was usually half an hour to an hour away from the buildings where shows like Music Bank, Show Champion, and Inkigayo were filmed, so that counted as his 'wake up' time. 

 

We had a late practice last night, and Ljoe hyung opted to stay later for extra practice while we left. I had no idea when he got home, but he was sleep talking again, so that meant he had gotten back late. 

 

"I'm coming, I'm coming…" 

 

I poked my head out of the door. "Ljoe hyung is gonna come out any second! Are you sure everything's set?" 

 

Chunji hyung rolled his eyes, not seeming impressed nor excited about any of this. I always thought he had a thing for Ljoe hyung, with all the skinship and stuff they display. That day on the radio though, when Ljoe hyung was talking about Chunji as his 'sunflower' or whatever, and how many kids he wanted to have? That's when I got a hunch. 

 

The other members were on on it, too. In fact, that's what this whole plan was for. It didn't take a genius to see that Chunji hyung and Ljoe hyung liked each other--both of them were pretty dense about those kinda things though, so of course, it would only be the two of them that wouldn't know. 

 

The Infinite members knew about this as well, and, they were a part of it. Apparently, Woohyun hyung had a crush on L hyung. Seemed like L hyung was just as dense as Ljoe hyung (sorry, hyungs!). CAP hyung gathered me, Niel hyung, and Changjo together, with Sunggyu hyung, Sungyeol hyung, Hoya hyung, Dongwoo hyung, Sungjong last week after our M! Countdown performance. Chunji hyung and Ljoe hyung were sent off to do something by the manager, which worked in our favour. L hyung already had schedules, so he was gone as well. We had all met at Infinite's dorm to discuss the plan.

 

Kind of childish, since it was Niel hyung and Dongwoo hyung who mostly planned everything, but hey, it had potential to work. 

 

Chunji hyung was told that L hyung and Ljoe hyung were being set up together by our group and Infinite because L had shown interest in Ljoe hyung. The opposite was told to Woohyun hyung. It was supposed to be a huge secret, to make sure that neither of them spoiled the surprise.

 

I was met with the sight of Ljoe hyung in dark jeans and a red hoodie, with the hoodie pulled up, damp red locks covering his forehead. Ah, Ljoe hyung. Such terrible fashion sense. "Come on, hyung. We're late!" I whined, pulling Ljoe hyung out the door. Chunji hyung greeted Ljoe hyung with a large smile. I saw Niel hyung from down the hall and rose a thumbs up over my head, trying to jump up and down as quietly as possible, while Chunji hyung and Ljoe were making small talk. 

 

Everything was going according to plan.

 

*****

(Chunji POV)

 

L showed interest in Ljoe? Yeah, right. Whatever, it was just one measly set up. Ljoe would realize that L wasn't right for him, and we can all move on. That Niel, he doesn't know where to not overstep his boundaries. Ljoe didn't ask for this set up, in fact, I bet if he even knew where we were taking him right now, he wouldn't want to be a part of it. 

 

I guess the main reason why I'm sort of concerned about this is the fact that…what if Ljoe actually likes L? Worse, what if they both like each other after this? What if they actually end up together, then what am I supposed to do? I mean, I'm sort of conflicted about my feelings for him. I think I like him, but I don't know if what he does is just for show and fan service, or actual displays of affection. And if I do come to terms, and admit to myself that I might like that idiot chicken--where the hell does that put me? 

 

God, I hate this. 

 

Ljoe never showed much interest in L before, besides friendship so, hopefully, nothing blossoms and it's just a friendly hang out. Then he can come back home--or to the dorm--and we can cuddle and sleep next to each other, like we always have. 

 

Everything was going to be fine. 

 

*****

(Ljoe POV)

 

Niel said that our manager hyung said that we had to wake up early today, for filming. Apparently, we were the first guests on a new talk-show, called Coffee Shop, that, like the name, would be actually held at a coffee shop. It was supposed to be casual and comfortable, so I hadn't bothered to do much about my clothing or appearance. The stylist noonas would fix me up if they saw it fit. 

 

We all piled into the car. It was always in the same arrangement--Niel, Ricky and CAP up at the front, and me, Chunji and Changjo at the back. I was exhausted. The group went over the chore for 'No Joke' last night for two hours. Our choreographer hyung picked apart everything in the routine, telling us that it had to be completely perfect and in-sync with each other. We couldn't complain much though, it was because of him that we we're known as the group with knife-like synchronization. Unfortunately, for people like me in the group who were lacking in the dancing department, I decided to stay a few hours longer in the studio to rehearse the song. Our choreographer hyung stayed with me for the first hour, but left afterwards. I had lost track of time, and finally decided to go back to dorm when I couldn't feel my legs anymore, which was a little over four hours ago. 

 

The makeup noonas weren't going to be happy with my dark circles, that's for sure. But I had to keep practicing--we had won number one twice, on Music Bank and Inkigayo. We had to keep showing our Angels a renewed, improved versions of ourselves every stage, and the stakes were higher after our wins. 

 

"You look like death, Byunghun. Did you stay late last night at the studio?" Chunji asked, slipping off his shoes and resting his feet up against the back of Niel's seat. I closed my eyes, slightly angling my body so that when I leaned back, I was leaning on his chest. My head fit nicely on his chest, and I yawned. "Not too late," The fib came out of my mouth easily. Chunji was always worrying about stupid things lately. Then, he wouldn't let me do anything on my own-- 'You're too stupid and childish to take a walk by yourself', 'How can you waste your energy on something like opening water bottles, save that energy for our stages, you have the least stamina out of everyone!', 'See, you're going to trip on your own feet and fall right on your face and people will laugh and take pictures. I can't let that happen, nope, so I have to come with you'. 

 

It was kinda funny, how he did all that. I appreciated his…very bully-like concern. 

 

And of course, Niel had to open his mouth and blurt out the truth. "Don't lie! I woke up to go to the bathroom at two thirty and saw you come in!" 

 

I snapped my eyes open and immediately lurched towards Niel, clasping my arm around his neck. A grin was plastered on my face--I liked bothering him. He and I had a good friendship with each other. When I first entered the company, and the group Teen Top, he and I always fought. Everyday, it was something new. And somedays, it was multiple things at once. Being in America for a good portion of my younger years, I liked being alone, being independent. He was always loud, outgoing. Our personalities, decisions and thoughts clashed, which led to countless arguments. I am sort of ashamed to admit that there had been actual fist fighting in the past but--

 

That story was for another time. 

 

Niel dramatically made choking noises, clutching onto my arm that was around his neck. "H-help! Help!" He croaked out, mixed with laughter. 

 

"Niel, Ljoe. Behave yourselves." The manager scolded from the driver's seat. I rolled my eyes and let him go with an extra push, falling back onto my seat. 

 

*****

(Ricky POV)

 

We approached the cafe. I had initially thought that Ljoe hyung would have been a bit suspicious, because our cordi noonas weren't gathered in the area, hurriedly putting together last-minute outfit changes. There were no cameras, no crew, no PD. It was literally just us. But if he had caught on, he would have said something. Since he was talking calmly with Chunji in the back, I doubted he even knew what was going on.

 

CAP had received a text from Sunggyu hyung, saying that L had arrived at the cafe. 

 

L IS THERE! HE'S SITTING RIGHT IN THE FIRST ROOM BRANCHING OFF TO THE RIGHT. FIGHTING! 

 

Our manager had told us to get out of the car, saying that he would find a parking spot later, since we were 'late'. Ljoe hyung was pushed to the front of the line entreating the cafe. We made sure to keep our distance. "Manager hyung said our waiting room is the first room on the right." Changjo said. 

 

Without a single clue, Ljoe hyung opened the wooden door, and stepped inside.