Chapter 4

Bitten: Cursed... Or Blessed?

Chapter 4

~ Zelo P.O.V ~

 

    I was startled awake this morning by some idiot pounding on my wall. After finally falling back asleep, someone had the NERVE to wake me up again at seven-thirty in the freaking morning! If I knew who it was, I would have slaughtered them. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was time to wake up.

    "JunHong! Time to wake up," an older female voice shouted after I tried to go back to sleep.

    "Five more minutes," I groaned, laying back down. The woman came and yanked the covers off of me- the cold air making me buckle upward again (if you know what I mean).

    "Whoa, lady! I'mma dude! You can't just do that to a guy! It kinda hurts a little!" I raised my voice at her, but it didn't seem to phase her in the slightest-not even all te cracking and squeaking. She threw a set of pure white clothes at me and ordered me to get dressed, even threatening to stand and watch.

   "No, you can leave; I promise I'll get dressed." She left and I sighed in relief. As I pulled my shirt over my head, I felt the pain in my neck again and was careful about the collar of the new shirt. To my surprise (good surprise), it was a low 'v-neck' today. The first day I was here it was a high collar, then a short 'v-neck.' And yes, I have been here for a while. It has been (about) four days. It isn't a long time, yet, it is long enough.

    "JunHong! You dressed yet?" I yanked on my pants and shouted a affirmative. The woman let me out of the room and I ran forward to catch up with YongGuk-hyung. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder in a (verrry manly) hug. We walked out into the hallway where every one else who had been bitten waited. There were three nurses that worked with us (the test subjects), and occasionally there were a few really big men.

    "You look like death, hyung," I said to YongGuk-hyung as he was yawning.

    "Nae, I'm beat." He yawned again.

    "Why are you so tired?"

    "Someone beside my room was banging on the wall. I couldn't get to sleep," he said, rubbing his eyes. "They've done it for 2 days straight, now."

    "Aigoo. Hyung, if I could, I would let you sleep with me. My room is mostly silent." I sighed.

    YongGuk-hyung hugged my shoulds again. Just as soon as he let go, the thick plexi-glass doors were opened, and everybody spilled out- except YongGuk-hyung. He just kind of stood there staring ahead.

    "Hyung?" I tugged on his arm and he shook his head. We then proceeded into a large hall with all the other "test subjects." The only people that were out right now were us the ones they (the facility we're staying at) are "experimenting" on. The people that were just brought in yesterday -whoever they are, are still locked in their rooms, or the clinic. The new people should be getting let out in about... Now. The worst part of it all is that the people who have not been bitten are still in their rooms for another hour or so. I guess I was glad they at least trusted us enough to let us be with with them.

   "Zelo-Ah. You are next in line," YongGuk-hyung said. I got up to the counter and took my 'blood tablets.' Blood tablets are fake little capsules that are filled with animal blood- really potent animal blood. Potent enough to last the entire day, surprisingly. Usually an hour after 'breakfast,' they let the "humans" out. They wait an hour for the pills to actually take full effect. I felt horrible on the first day, because my other band members were afraid of me and YongGuk-hyung. I actually chased down Youngjae-hyung and tackled him to the ground. This was a bad idea, because the staff thought I was trying to eat him. Finally, after what seemed like forever, an hour passed. 

   "Zelo-Ah!" It was JongUp.He ran toward me and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, almost knocking me over. Heheh, I love being tall. 

   "Hyung!" I squeezed JongUp's trunk, then ran to YoungJae and Daehyun-hyung. I hugged them, too. They weren't afraid of me anymore. Then, from behind Daehyun, out walked Himchan-hyung.

   "Hi, Junhong," he said, giving me a hint of a smile. I gulped and remembered the fight we had.

   "I have to go, hyungs," I said, shakily. I bowed to all of them, realizing JongUp had left to hug YongGuk-hyung, and I excused myself. I walked away quickly, accidentally bumping into JongUp because I was looking at the ground. Himchan called my name, and ran toward me. I looked into JongUp's eyes, hoping he could help. He grasped my hand tightly and ran, dragging me behind him. Himchan stopped and stared after me. Oh, hyung... After we lunged behind a corner, JongUp placed his hand on my shoulder.

   "Is everything alright, Zelo-Ah?" He had genuine concern in his voice. I nodded and shrugged, but he sighed at me. He wasn't THAT stupid. "I know everything is not okay. What happened with Himchan-hyung?"

   "Well... It's a long story," I gulped. He folded his arms, implying that he had time to listen. "The day I was bitten, Himchan-hyung got mad at me because I wouldn't tell him something; That's another story. He came into my room and tried to talk to me, but I didn't want to. He got pretty mad. And, you know how he is when he's mad. Him and YongGuk-hyung get scary when they're mad. Well, I yelled at him and told him to get out, and he got upset. I told him, 'You're not my mother, and you're not my boyfriend. You don't need to know!' He looked utterly hurt. Now, I can't bring myself to talk to him without feeling horrible." I looked back to JongUp, who was listening very intently. 

   "Himchan never meant to hurt you- you know that, right?" I nodded. "Did you stop to think, he might try to apologize? That's probably why he approached you today. I think you should at least accept his apology, and apologize for yourself." That was JongUp. So straightforward, it hurt.

    "He probably feels even worse because you were bitten. Go. Right now, or he might never forgive you," JongUp said, shoving me back in the direction we came from. HimChan was still standing in the spot I left him, staring at the ground. Poor hyung... I approached him slowly and cautiously, but stopped. I instead walked further away and sneaked behind him. 

    I s my arms around his waist from behind and carefully rested my head on his shoulder. He flinched and froze out of shock, but quickly softened his form again. He grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb on my palm.

    "I'm sorry, Zelo," Himchan said. He tried to turn around, but I held him tightly. 

     "No, I'M sorry, hyung. I'm so sorry for everything I've done," I said. I was shaking, despite how warm his human body was. He somehow turned around despite my deathgrip on his trunk. He wrapped his arms around my waist, seeing as I am much taller than him. It made it hard to hold him, but I tried to ignore it. 

    "Zelo, I forgive you. I shouldn't have tried to pry like that," he said into my chest. Just then as YongGuk was passing us he saw us hugging. For reasons unknown, he got furious. He roughly pulled me away from Himchan and shoved me further away. Himchan's eyes grew wide with anger.

    "YongGuk! Why did you do that!?" YongGuk-hyung was panting and pointing at me accusingly. 

    "Stay away from Himchan! You're dangerous to him -and everybody!" I could tell Himchan was scared. 

    "Hyung, are you okay," YoungJae-hyung asked, placing a hand on YongGuk's shoulder. YongGuk-hyung spun around quickly and soved YoungJae away, making him fall to the ground. Daehyun-hyung ran to YoungJae's side. He was fine, just a bit shaken. 

    "Security!" Daehyun shouted for a guard or a nurse to come help; YongGuk-hyung was obviously not okay. I covered my eyes and waited for the men to grab YongGuk-hyung. After I heard them drag him away against his own will. I opened my eyes and hurried over to help YoungJae to his feet. 

    "What happened to YongGuk?" Himchan looked really worried. 

     "I'm sure it's because he hasn't had a decent sleep for two days now," I piped up. "He just needs some good sleep."

    "Some good ," Daehyun mumbled. We all looked at him and tried not to giggle or smile. No matter how hard we tried, we laughed like hyenas. I felt good to laugh again. Maybe that's what we really need. 

~ EXO D.O ~

~P.O.V~

 

    "Yah... Yah! Come on, get up! You're so lazy, hyung." I turned over onto my other sidem away from whoever was shaking me. "Aiiish... Come on! You're only allowed out for a few hours now, hyung!" The voice probably belonged to Sehun. "JongIn might be outside." I sat up quickly.

    "JongIn!? Where!? Is he okay!?" Sehun stood back, obviously startled. Well, he looked like Sehun, and talked like Sehun, but at the same time, he didn't. I felt an ache in my neck and remembered everything. Every detail. Sehun helped me to my feet and forced me to take my clothes off. I tossed the bloody clothing to the floor and slipped on some pure white clothign with the aide of the kind maknae. He explained to me what happened, although I remembered, unfortunately. 

    "You go out into a large room -about as big as our old concert hall, remember? You get in line, then you take your daily pills. It's that simple. But, remember. The first thing you do every day is take your blood tablets." A lady opened the door that was apparently locked from the outside. We walked for a long time before we finally exited a long hallway. Everything was white. Everything. I saw the line for the pills and looked back at Sehun for knowledge. Only to my surprise, he was nowhere to be found. I shrugged and very slowly walked to the counter where a lady gave me pills -no questions asked. Strange... I found a few people I recognized, but I didn't want to talk to anyone. I found a nice corner to chillax in, instead. I sat to myself for nearly an hour when more people came out into the large hall from two hallways where the sleeping quarters were located.

    My heart -probably alread still- stopped beating as soon as I saw JongIn. He walked out with Chanyeol and Baekhyun -the people I... I buried my head in my arms, not expecting them to find me. I wondered how long I was to wait before I could go back to my room. There was one clock, but it was hidden behind the pill counter on the wall. Soon behind Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, came Kris and XiuMin. I hate to admit it, but I stared at Kai very intensely. That is when I discovered a new talent. I was watching his lips when suddenly, I heard his voice. It was like he was right in front of me; As clearly as I heard him, he might as well have been talking in my ear. He was talking about... Me.

    "Where is Kyungsoo-hyung?" Chanyeol shrugged at Kai.

     "Honestly, I'm worried about him, too," Chanyeol said. Oh...  

    "Well, I could care less," Baekhyun snapped. 

     "Hyung, you know it's not his fault," Chanyeol said, gently nudging Baekhyun. Kris approached the trio with XiuMin, adding his opinion.

    "I hope he's okay. After all, he took care of all of us." They all nodded -save for Baekhyun. 

     "Has anyone seen him," XiuMin asked. He looked my way, but I buried my head in my arms again. I didn't care if they wanted to find me or not; I didn't want to face them again. It was going to be hard to talk to them anymore. Just ten, more people emptied from the hallways -I recognized them as people who hadn't been bitten. I watched Suho and Sehun hold back Tao, who was obviously wanting Kris. Then, I watched them nearly DRAG Lay out into the room. I wondered where Jongdae was. As if on cue, he exited the hall with BIGBANG's Daesung and Taeyang. I rolled my eyes. While I was watching other people, it seemed as if JongIn had found me. 
    "Hyung..." JongIn stood at quite a distance awaym but because of my awesome hearing, I heard him. He walked closer, but I didn't bother moving. I instead buried my head in the sand and planned on ignoring him.
    "Kyungsoo-hyung..." I didn't reply. "Are you okay?" I didn't know why I was ignoring him. I didn't really have a reason. "D-Don't ignore me." He was shaking. "I-I... I-I n-need you." I could distinctly HEAR him shaking. "I-It's over." He stopped shaking. "It's over," he affirmed.