' attached.

' bitter yearning

Naeun slumped back in the classroom chair, her brown eyes wandering ever so slowly from the direction of her teacher to the scene outside the classroom window. She could no longer concentrate on the latest maths equation being scribbled messily on the board, her eyes were too busy watching the young boy outside with his mother, they seemed to be disagreeing about what way to go. While the mother tried to tug the toddler in the right direction, he leaned the opposite way in a desperate attempt to go back the way they had just been. Naeun let out a soft laugh into the palm of her hand as the toddler gave up fighting his mother and finally decided to go the correct way home. She watched as the brown haired toddler disappeared into the distance with his mother still holding tightly onto his hand, probably to prevent him from running off again.

Honestly, she couldn't even remember the last time that she was out in public with either of her parents or even her younger sister who walked the exact same route to the high school. Even during school they avoided one another, claiming that it was simple coincidence they had the same family name and looked alike even though everyone already knew they were related. Naeun and her younger sister couldn't be any more different if they tried despite looking alike, the two teenagers had been opposites since their middle school days when the younger of the two was accepted by the more sociable group of girls while the elder had been rejected by almost every group of friends since she was born.

"Son Naeun!" a male voice boomed from the front of the classroom with his dark eyes glued to the student who had her thoughts elsewhere. She turned to face the middle aged man with wide eyes, unsure why she was being called on during class. Normally the teachers ignored her presence just like every other student in the school because she wasn't extremely smart nor beautiful so it meant she wasn't worth their time. Yes, that's how her school worked. You were either beautiful or smart and if you were neither then you wouldn't be accepted by anyone?

"Yes sir?"

"Are you able to give me an answer?" he eyed the young girl, ignoring the other students snickering behind their textbooks while one of their classmates were called out for not listening which almost always ended in a detention.

"Uh..47?" the young girl answered with a shaky voice. She didn't dare make eye contact with the teacher.

"Detention."

Naeun groaned inwardly, sinking back into her chair as students around her began to quietly laugh at her and whisper between them about her behaviours in class. She didn't really care what they thought about her but now that she had no friends left, it didn't hurt to keep out of the gossip system and it was even better if she managed to keep out of everyones way.

----------------------------------------------------------

 

"You received a detention once again?" her father said in disbelief across the dinner table with a mouth full of the latest dish her mother had tried to perfect. He shook his head repeatedly then turned to look at her mother. "What do you think of this?" he asked his wife.

"I think she's just missing him, don't worry too much darling." her mother commented, turning to give her oldest daughter a comforting smile like any loving mother would when a child has been scolded for something that could have been much worse.

Her younger sister, Kaeun, stared between the two parents who had opposite views on the matter. To their father, Kaeun was the golden girl that could do no wrong in his eyes however their mother saw through the younger girls facade and truly knew that the older sibling was in fact the better of the two in personality terms. Although, she could never admit this to anyone in the household because that could end in a disaster.

---------------------------------------------------------

Months had passed since her last detention but even Naeun couldn't manage to make her father forget the entire incident and every small arguement that errupted across the dining table ended with that being thrown at her as an insult to remind her that the precious baby girl was much better than her, that she was the most popular girl in the school as well as being 'intelligent' but as Naeun put it, Kaeun was intelligent in her own special way. She knew how to work people, knew how to get the guys to pick her over the other pretty looking girls in the school, knew how to gain the teachers respect. No matter what, her sister was always one step ahead.

Or at least she was until now.

"Excuse me, do you happen to know the way to the Math classrooms?" a gentle voice came from behind Naeun's open locker door, a pair of brown eyes slowly made their way around the door to meet with Naeuns. She stared back with wide eyes, startled that anyone was bothering to speak to her. Especially a boy. They only ever spoke to her to smack her with an insult or humiliate her in front of the entire school year.

Must be a newbie. Naeun thought to herself, tearing her eyes away from the young man in front of her briefly to close the locker door that was dividing the two students. He stared down at her, waiting for some sort of answer from the girl while she stood in awe after getting a good look at the stranger. He wasn't incredibly tall but he did stand a good bit above her with his almost orange hair and pale skin. His jawline was sharp, the most obvious part of his good looks, and although he looked thin compared to some others in the school he was infact rather toned, especially around the arm area where various veins showed his masculinity.

"Who are you?" she whispered suddenly, letting the words slip from before she could even think twice about it. He raised an eyebrow in amusement at the young girl and let the smallest of smiles creep onto his pink lips.

"Byun Baekhyun, it's a pleasure to meet you Naeun." he introduced himself, holding his hand out in a friendly gesture.

"You too. The math classroom is on the second floor, to the left." Naeun successfully regained her cold composure and straightened herself before heading towards the third floor where her next class was situated. She didn't really notice the orange haired boy following behind her like a lost puppy or even the glares from her fellow students, including her own sister who wasn't pleased that probably the most handsome boy she had ever seen was interested in her older sister and not her.

---------------------------------------------------------

A loud growl errupted in the appartment shortly followed by the loud crash of a coffee table being thrown across the living room. One tanned male stood in the centre of the living room, the cause of the disruption. His brows furrowed in anger as two older males reached forward to calm him down before there was yet another hole in the wall or worse. They really couldn't afford to pay for another broken window or even another television due to the anger of males in the apartment.

"Kai, please take a moment to think about this." one of the older males spoke calmly, he was somewhat shorter than the angry one and his skin was much paler but he was equally as handsome as the others.

"What is there to think about? He has no right." the younger one roared, pushing away his elder before stomping towards the kitchen where three more stood waiting to stop him from breaking anything in that room. Fridges were expensive these days.

"No, but you know Baek, he won't rest until he has her."

"She was already mine." Kai growled, a new spark of anger reflecting in his eyes, this time the anger was much darker and much deeper. Suho had hit a sore spot and he knew it.

"Sehun can watch over them."

"What? Why me? Send Tao instead." A blonde haired male grumbled from the dark corner of the kitchen, his arms folded across his chest stubbornly as he challeneged the elder.

"Sehun, just do as I say." Suho grumbled, reaching up to rub his temples as a headache formed from all of the yelling and protesting that was going on in one tiny apartment. Sometimes he considered killing them all and living alone again in peace, but then again, some of them weren't too bad and Kyungsoo was a good cook which meant it was one less thing for him to worry about.

"You had better keep him away from her." Kai snarled at Sehun, flashing his teeth in warning before he left the apartment. The door closed with a loud thud behind the young boy. In the past year, things had been hard for him and now that his elders were messing with his personal life it had really started to crack him up. He couldn't handle much more. Mental images of him brutally ripping off Baekhyun's head caused Kai to sadistically smile while walking along the busy street. Don't get him wrong, Kai loved every one of the guys in the apartment like brothers but sometimes Baekhyun had to be reminded that not everything was about him or what he wanted. He also managed to irritate everyone on a daily basis without fail. Hence the broken table and newly plastered walls.

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Finally! The first chapter is here!It's a little short, I know but I didn't want to add too much to the story just yet. Anyway, thank you for reading! Feel free to comment, I don't bite.