First Day

No! Not Again!

Yah ! Yah! Yah! Look who's our classmate again” Aini, Seungji's bestfriend and classmate pointed as she saw Zico, Seungji's long time crush. Seungji immediately blushed when she saw Zico entering their classroom. “ haha. Seungji, are you excited? Today is our first day and our last year in High School. Are you excited that he's your classmate again?” Aini asked. “ Not really.” Seungji sighed in disappointment. “yah, wae?” Aini asked. “ aigoo, first, he has a girlfriend and next, it would be awkward if I talk to him” Seungji said.

 

Now that you've mentioned it, you might be right” Aini said. “ come on, let's enter” Seungji said as she pushed Aina inside the classroom. The 2 of them sat on the other side of the classroom and chatted as the other students entered as well. The teacher entered the classroom and welcomed everyone.

 

Seungji's POV

 

I should really be happy that Zico is my classmate but I'm nervous. I feel like I should ignore him and pretend to not know him. Maybe I should just... OH . He looked at me. Oh My God! Was I staring at him? No way! No way! Soooo embarrassing! I covered my face with my hand. “yah, Seungji, are you alright?” Aini asked. “ yeyeah. I'm fine” I said as I sneaked a peak from Zico who was busy talking to his seatmate too. Maybe I was just hallucinating. He could not have possibly seen me right? Or was it because of my new hair? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I was once a curly haired girl who got her hair rebonded this summer so everyone's noticing it. Haha. Anyway, I stopped panicking and put my attention back to my new adviser. Cool. MY ADVISER IS A GOD LOVING TEACHER. It's not that it's a bad thing but she's forcing us to go to church every Sunday and that we should do a report about it. GAHH. I'm the lazy one!

 

OMO! OMO! OMO! He looked at me again. Or did he? Or was he looking at another person. Wait, so that meansthat he saw me looking too! Oh no! Well, we're even. SIGH. SIGH. SIGH. I knew this school year is going to be trouble. I can already sense it. “okay, now class, we need to arrange your seats and arrange you by your surnames?” the teacher said. We call her HOLY SPIRIT. Haha. Funny right? Anyway, everyone groaned and the teacher arranged us alphabetically.

 

Recess time came and me and my friends ate our snacks and after that, we came back to the classroom. I SAW HIM LOOKING. AGAIN. Aiish, really. It's getting annoying. And this stupid heart of mine keeps on jumping whenever our eyes meet. As I was entering our classroom, someone pushed me. “ where's Zico?” the girl shouted. I felt my blood rise. It's Zico's girlfriend. The . “I'm seriously gonna kill that girl” I whispered to Aini. “yo! Chill. Just relax. It's the first day of school” she said. She's right. I wouldn't want my first day to get ruined by that girl. Anyway, I went to my seat which was just one chair away from Aini's chair and listened as my adviser continued her nonsense talk. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I got my notebook out and started writing some things. Things that would come out of my mind. “ okay now introduce yourselves” the teacher said. OH . The introduce yourself thing is now back. Oh right. It's the first day. I forgot. Oh no. I feel scared. What should I do? What if I stutter? Uhhhg. I'm gonna embarrass myself. No!!!

 

Waiting... waiting.. waiting..

Finally it was mt turn. Oh no. seriously, why do we have to introduce ourselves infront? Really. It's not like we don't know each other. We've been together in this school for like 4 yrs. Although some of them were not my classmates before. I stood up and went infront. I was nervous.

Okay, before I introduce myself, I just want to tell you what our teacher told us to say:

 

NAME

NICKNAME

COMPARE YOURSELF TO A THING

LIKES AND DISLIKES

 

yep. That's it. Okay, I took a deep breath and began “ annyeong. I'm Yang Seungji or you can call me Ji or Seungie. Whatever. And. Uh,. HAHAHAHAHA” I said as I started laughing and my classmates laughed as well. “why were you laughing?” the teacher asked me. She was not mad though. “ sorry. Haha. It's. Haha. It's Aini” I said as I was trying to stop my laughter. I pointed at Aini and asked her to stop laughing buut she wouldn't. I ignored her and didn't look at her and continued. “okay, haha sorry for that. So anyway, I can compare myself to a notebook because. Hmm. You can tell / write on me but when the pages finishes, ...I'm gonna be useless” I said as I quickly went back to my seat as everyone laughed at me. “ so Seungji said that you can tell her anything and after all that, you can throw her away already” the teacher said as she laughed harder. OH GOD. That was not what I meant to say.I didn't even get to tell whatI like and dislike >.< anyway, I got back to my seat and glared at Aini.

 

yah, why are you glaring?” she asked. “ you laughed at me” I said.

“ haha. Because you looked tense.” she said. She was right though. The good thing was that my classmates laughed as well. “hey, you know what?” she said. “what?” I asked. “ when you were walking your way infront, Zico was gazing at you” Aini said. “uh,. Nice joke” I said as I ignored her but deep inside me, I was glad. Turns out, my first day of school was not that bad.