Chapter Two

A Hike In The Woods

CHAPTER TWO:

“Minji, wake up...”

“Wake up, sleepy head...”

“Neh, don’t disturb her, let her be!”

“But we’re almost there!!”

“Oy, oy!! Minji!”

“MINJI WAKE UP!”

          You openend your eyes and was greeted with all the faces of exo in front of your face. Each of them with a goofy and mischievous smile on their faces. “What the hell is wrong with you guys?!” you said as you stood up and let out a big yawn. “Are you trying to... *yawn* give me a heart attack or something?” They just laughed in reply. You looked out the window and saw that the sun was shining so brightly in the sky and that snapped you out of your sleepy state. You looked at your watch and saw that it was already 8:45 and you started panicking. “Hey, why didn’t you wake me up earlier!! We are soooo behind schedu-“

“Chill babe,” you heard your boyfriend say while he was driving. “We’re almost there.” And he held out his hand to you and you grabbed it in response.

“Oh, okay, thank you.” Was all you could say.

 

          Everyone was eating their breakfast when you went out of the bathroom after changing and you saw that all of them were done dressing up as well. You could already see that the road was slowly disappearing and being replaced by rocks and mud. You were surrounded by trees and in a few minutes, you’ve finally arrived your destination.

“And here we are...” you heard Chen whisper, breathing in the scent of nature.

          The place was so beautifu l that you couldn’t find the right words to explain how beautiful it looked like. You took your camping bags and started walking up the mountain. At first, everyone was so noisy because of the excitement they were feeling from climbing the mountain. But they got tired after a few hours, who wouldn’t be right? Sehun was already getting cranky and Tao wouldn’t stop whining about how tired he was, so you rested a bit before continuing your journey. Kyunsoo brought out some sandwiches and man, oh man, were they delicious.

          30 minutes has gone by and you started climbing up the mountain again. Lay kept on staring at the sky and at the trees and at the animals you would bump into and, well, basically everything, with pure fascination. You saw Kai and Kyungsoo taking each other’s hands and comparing them. They were laughing and talking and when you look at them, you’ll get this feeling that they were the only people in the world. Sometimes, when you see them together, you can’t help but question their uality because they really looked like a sweet couple. (Maybe even sweeter than you and your boyfriend.) You looked up and saw your boyfriend by your side. He looked very handsome and you felt very lucky that you ended up being with him. You took out your handkerchief when you noticed that sweat was dripping down his neck and you wiped it away generously. He looked surprise by your action but gave you a smile eventually. You smiled back at him and held out your hand for him to hold. The ambiance of everything was calm and peaceful and you felt really glad that you decided to go on this trip.

          The sun was already setting so you looked for a place where you and your friends could set up camp. Everyone was so occupied with setting up the tents and preparing the food so you volunteered to gather wood for your bonfire later. Your boyfriend came along with you, of course. He didn’t want you to go alone at night, especially since you were in the woods. You made your way through the trees and started picking up twigs and small branches. You gave it all to your boyfriend so he could cut them in half, and in no time at all, you’ve gathered enough wood to last for the night. On your way back though, while you were walking, you stepped on something and you were about to trip, but fortunately, your boyfriend was there so he managed to catch you. He asked if you were okay and you said you were fine. You let out a heavy sigh, thinking that that was close.

          At last, you arrived your camping site and you gave the boys the pile of wood you’ve collected. Kyungsoo prepared the ingredients for everyone’s dinner and all of you patiently waited for him to finish. Lay borrowed Chanyeol’s guitar and he started plucking the strings. Everyone gathered around the bonfire and started singing again. Everyone was having fun and they began to make a lot of noise, as usual. Chen started telling scary stories and you saw Suho and Tao standing up and walking away from the group. You laughed at  how scared Suho and Tao could be when it came to this kind of things. After a while, D.O. started giving out paper bowls with vegetable soup inside and, as usual, they were delicious. The group continued with their story-telling and you just continued watching them. An hour later, you looked at your watch and saw that it was half past nine, so you told them to clean up and get ready to go to bed. Some were still resisting, telling you to let them enjoy this night a little more, but you replied and told them that you had to leave early tomorrow morning. They looked a bit sad but they eventually agreed with you. Everyone went inside their tents and went to sleep.

“Two days left...”  you thought.