#02

Fate (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think the storm is..." 

The boy with specs whispers softly as he slurps down his throat the last drop of hot chocolate. He put down the glass next to the bowl (which was full of ramyeon before, now empty) and trying to put them in a straight line with such concentration it makes the older boy beside him chuckles. The boy with lighter hair puts his head on his hand as he stares at the boy next to him with so much fascination. This boy is too cute, so he thought.

"You really pay attention to details, don't you?"

"Eh?"

"Jun?"

"Yeah?"

"Nothing."

Kangjun tilted his head to the side cutely like a little kid as a small pout appeared on his lips, and Hyunil couldn't help but blush on the sight. Kangjun was just too cute. He looked away as he ruffled his hair and cleared his throat to break the silence between them. He got up while taking the glass and bowl Kangjun used before while the boy in specs watched him questioningly. Hyunil only smiled as he brought the two pieces of eatery back to the pantry. Kangjun let out a huff, taking his glasses of and pinching the bridge of his nose. He's tired. He hadn't been getting enough sleep for the past 24 hours and now it's almost dawn yet he's still stuck in a convenient store with snow knee thick covering the road. He got up as he looked around the store he had visited so many times, but never he had paid attention to Minwoo and Hyunil before. Or maybe their shifts were always night so that's why he rarely saw them?

"We should go back."

Kangjun turned around to see the talking boy drying his hands with a piece of clothing then taking his apron off and putting it on the cashier counter.

"It's around 3 am, and in weather like this there's no way in hell anyone would come by, so I'm closing."

"What about Minwoo?"

"What about him?"

"We can't just leave him here?"

"Oh, that... I couldn't find him anywhere, perhaps he went home first. That guy surely is a heck of a weirdo."

Kangjun only nodded while a pout appeared again without him realising.

"Can you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?"

Hyunil fell silent for mere seconds before shaking his head and let out a sigh.

"Nevermind"

*

"So, where is your house?"

"Uh... Pretty far, I guess? Like, 5 blocks away from here?"

Hyunil scratched his head awkwardly. They're now standing in front of Kangjun's apartment (front is an understatement, since they had to walk around the building a bit to reach the back door which full of flight of stairs because later he found out Kangjun was a claustrophobic cute nerd who lived on the 10th floor). It's not far from the store, but considering how thick the snow was, it was quite a struggle to reach here. Kangjun widened his eyes as he stepped on to a higher ground and shaking the snow on his pants off.

"You're kidding!"

Hyunil only smiled awkwardly as he were about to wave him goodbye, Kangjun pulled him that he stumbled forward (if it weren't because of the thick snow, he's sure he'd probably fallen down on top of kangjun right then and there) as an annoyed look plastered on his face.

"You can stay at my apartment for now. At least after the snow is not this thick and you have rested enough so you can run to your house or whatsoever."

Hyunil blinked a few times trying to register what this guy had told him. He, who was barely a stranger Kangjun just met on the convinience store a few hours ago, got invited to stay over at his house? This must be a dream, or so Hyunil thought. But a dream wouldn't freeze him to death like this, and a small breeze that just passed by slapped him like a big hand slapping his white cheek with so much force he's sure it'd leave a mark. It did, though.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter