#01

Fate (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aishhh, this so annoying!"

The boy with specs ruffled his hair in frustration as he ripped off another page and ruffled them into balls and threw it across the room. He pressed down his pen to another piece of paper and tried to make a proper essay. This time, this in time, he's gonna finish it all at once, he swore. But it happened again. As he reached the solution section, he couldn't figure out a correct way to solve the problem. He rolled his eyes as he threw his hands in the air and spun air on his chair, thinking, thinking, thinking. God, Kangjun, why are you so stupid? He gritted his teeth. His head started to ache, since he couldn't think well. If he were a cartoon character, pretty sure he'd be the one with a pathetic crying face with tears flowing out of his eyes while slumping over the desk. He got up, and decided to go out for a walk instead. He was quite surprised when he paid a little more attention to his room. He's sure he had made mountains of papers in his room. Okay, maybe that's too much, but still.... Am I really that stupid?
He groaned as he kicked some papers out of his way then grabbed a jacket on his door frame. 

*

It was already past midnight when Jun entered the convenience store. It's not so far from his apartment, but since it's winter, it's dead cold outside and he mentally cursed at himself for only wearing a layer of jacket. Maybe going to a convenience store at such hour on such weather was a bad decision, afterall. He rubbed his palms together, trying to make himself warm. He opened up his hoodie, so he could finally see his surrounding better. A sight of something drew his attention and a wide smile appeared on his face. Ramyeon. That's it. Maybe he's just hungry, that's why he couldn't concentrate on his essay. He walked left to right.... Right to left... Left to right....

BAM! Kangjun fell to his with a scrunched face but soon realized there was someone else in front of him that appeared to be in the same state as he was. He rose and started panicking, thinking what if he's angry?

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry!"

The boy in front of him only smiled as he tried to get up and cleaned himself a little bit. From what Jun saw, he's handsome, very handsome, tall (everyone is basically taller than Kangjun since he's seriously short), and skinny (maybe it's because of his white shirt, besides, who wore such clothing on a snowy day?). The boy smiled showing his perfect white teeth and it made Kangjun blushed a little bit. The boy looked so perfect, yet so young, probably around his age or maybe older.

"It's okay. I'm Minwoo. I'm here to help you. You looked confused, maybe I can help you a bit?"

"Eh?"

"I work here, mister."

The so-called Minwoo boy chuckled a bit at Jun's expression (he made an 'O' with his mouth and his eyes blinked a few times). Jun mentally slapped his face, he probably looked so dumb that a worker had to help him only to..

"I'm confused which ramyeon I should buy."

"Ah, this one is my favorite! It has a distinctive taste. I also recommend you to buy the spicy one, since it's really cold outside, you might want to warm up a bit."

Kangjun only nodded as he fixed his glasses and took two bowls of ramyeon from the shelf and threw a smile to the boy, then walked to the next section: drinks. Hmm, what can he drink on such cold day? He grabbed two sachets of chocolate milk. He walked to the cashier where Minwoo was waiting for him with a big smile plastered on his face. He's kinda creepy, now that Kangjun thought again. He always smiled, or maybe he was just being nice?

"It's all 2500 won."

Kangjun reached his pocket for his wallet, but something struck him and he felt heat rising up his face. He couldn't find his wallet. He swore he had put it inside his jeans pocket when he left! It couldn't be on the desk right? Or maybe he dropped it on the way here? Goddammit Kangjun, why are you so stupid! He unconsciously hit his head in frustration as Minwoo watched in confusion. What is this guy doing? Why is he hitting himself? Did I say something wrong? Oh no, did he see my-

"Ah finally!"

The bell on the door chimed as a boy with thick layer of jackets and a cap walked in. He took off his cap and put it on the counter Minwoo standing behind. He started taking off his jackets one by one, while Kangjun was being stupid again. He was staring. He's pretty sure he was staring. He blinked a few times to register the angel, no no (he shook his head in disbelief at such word), the boy with orange hair in front of him. He looked pale, he must be freezing out there. Poor boy. How Kangjun wished he were out there to accompany him and warm him up and- wait, what?

"Excuse me, mister?"

The boy was waving his hand in front of Kangjun with a confused look. Oh crap. Kangjun, stop this!

"Stop looking at me like that. That's creepy."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter