Please?

Something Borrowed

Minzy, our class President and the school's top student. She's been bagging all academic awards since we were on the first grade. If there is a perfect description of y and brainy, that would be definitely her. Yup, you heard it. Aside from being the smartest, she's also the prettiest in school. Even boys from lower levels like her. Everyday she receives notes on her locker, asking for her to go out. Most of these boys were seniors, varsity players. But this classmate of mine seems she's not interested in dating, as I always see those notes being thrown in the trashcan afterwards.

Then there's me, Park Bom. If Minzy is the smartest, I am always the lowest, in the class. I have skills in drawing though but in terms of academics, I am always at the last spot of rankings. Though we're complete opposites, she and I have been friends even before school. We've been neighbors for a long time and or families are close to each other. Sometimes when boys wants to contact her they usually ask me for her number, but as a friend and as per her instructions, I always tell them "Minzy has no interest in using cellphones."

Somehow I envy these school boys. They got courage to ask her on a date. Yes, I am a girl but in love with Minzy. Ever since that day she helped me with our project, I began to harbor feelings for her. Indeed she is the type of girl everyone loves. But I'm her friend, and she's straight. No can do.

The best I can do is to see her everyday. On weekends, I usually see her from ny bedroom window studying, or helping her mom do the laundry. Sometimes we have short chit chats but that's about it. One school day she caught me staring at her while she was in front of the class for a project presentation, but she ignored it and asked me if there's something wrong with her face after that. Every night before I go to bed I always look at her bedroom window to see if she's already asleep. For me Minzy is the most beautiful thing I have ever encountered.

"Let's work on our papers this weekend", she told me after class. "Can I go by your place then? I'll bring your favorite food."

"I... yeah sure. I'll tell mom."  This was not the first time Minzy asked me to study with her but everytime she does, I panic and cannot focus on what I do.

Come Saturday, I woke up early to clean my room and make sure everything is perfect before she arrives. Later on that morning, she knocked on our door holding books and my favorite macaroni and cheese. "Mom made it. Power snacks for us!", then smiled. Her eyes become super small everytime she smiles. I just can't help but fall in love with her more and more. We spent the rest of our Saturdays studying and writing and reading.

As we are about to end our day, she asked me something. "Hey, do you have a copy of the chapter teacher gave us last Thursday? Can I borrow your notes? I just need to check on something, will return it tomorrow morning." "Yeah, just go get it, the red notebook at the study table."

Another day, another moment with her ended. Least I'm glad I got to spend Saturday with the prettiest girl in school. Bet those school boys must be envious right now. As the night.ended, I went to my favorite spot in my room- by the window, to check if she's still awake. Her lights are still on, I thought. She must be checking on the notes she borrowed. I went to my study table and grabbed my red diary to make some doodles andv write before I sleep. I opened the notebook only to find out, my entries and doodles weren't there- instead of diary entries, lectures were written and charts were drawn instead of doodles.

"Oh my God, Minzy got the wrong notebook!"

I started to panic, my heart beating fast. God, she must be reading it right now, she must have seen my entries and my drawings of her! I'm screwed, I'm screwed for life! It's a cold night but I'm sweating a lot. I want to barge in to her room right now to get my diary, but I don't have the courage to. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I kept checking on her room to see if she's still awake. I want to call her and tell her I need the notebook right away, but what if she's already reading it?

Sunday morning, I woke up a little late than usual. I didn't enough sleep as the thought of Minzy reading my diary, reading my secrets and confessions bugged me. I already prepared myself for the consequences of this incident. Either she'll get angry or ignore it, just like the way she does with her male admirers. While eating my breakfast, mom handed me a red notebook. "Minzy came earlier to return it. She says thank you."

This is it, I said. I grabbed the notebook and went straight to my room. I was so nervous to see if she had ripped all the pages or torn all of them. Fortunately, all the entries are still there, the drawings in tact. As I was flipping through the pages pink sheet of paper fell down. I opened and read the message.

Bommie,

I think I got the wrong notebook , kekekeke. Even though, I enjoyed reading it. Sorry to read your diary. But it's worth the read. I got to see your cute doodles of me. I learned how my friend care for me, how you always check on me every night. I also learned that you like me, and that you envy all those boys at school. But don't worry, I won't give them a chance. Because I think I like you too. No, I LOVE YOU. So, if it's okay, would you go out with me?

Minzy <3

After reading the note I went by my window, as my instinct told me. And there she is, looking at me from her bed, smiling and holding a big cardboard with the word 'PLEASE?' on it. She made my day. My girl just made my day.

 

A/N: Just wrote this from my phone. Sorry for the typos. Hope you liked it by the way!