CAMPBELLism

CAMPBELLism
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

What is marriage?

The myth tells you what it is. It is the reunion of separated duad. Originally, you were one. You are now two in the world, but the recognition of the spiritual identity is what marriage.

It’s different from a love affair. It has nothing to do with that. It’s another mythological plane of experience. All love affairs end in disappointment.

Her eyes are still focused on the screen where the man, she thought was a ‘genius’, was being interviewed by Bill Moyers, an American Journalist who won the 1988 Emmy Awards for this series. She was bothered. Just the word marriage caused her to act like a lunatic. A lunatic lady. Or say, not really.

But marriage is recognition of a spiritual identity.

If we live a proper life, if our minds are on the right qualities in regarding the person of the opposite , we will find our proper male or female counterpart.

But if we are distracted by certain sensuous interests, we’ll marry the wrong person

At some point, she will nod her head like she’s the one talking with him. She’s learning about MARRIAGE. For Pete’s sake, who the hell will think that she’s listening to a program talking about that sheez? None. Cause it’s hilarious.

 “Marriage? The hell… I’m already twenty nine.” She whispered, eyes still glued on the two persons sitting on the studio while talking about Myths. Marriage is a myth and it will always be, she said to herself, while laying her back on the couch and let herself smile unconsciously. She put her hands on both sides careful not to touch the pillow. She does not want to. She would not want to.

Her phone rang just as she turns the TV off. Great, now’s not the time, she said to herself and flickered the phone active.

She can hear the chant again. She gasped and pursed her lips tightly. No, she will not cry, not anymore. Everything is over now. She knows she’d move on. She’s trying to move on. So hell, let the wind carry those water. Puh-lease.

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter