Real chapter one

Come Again?

 {BaekYeol}

 

 

Light trickled through the tall maple trees. A little foggy but the earthy smell complimented the fog. Cool breeze coating the forest, moss growing from the bottom of trees and patches randomly placed about. Water dripped from the large leaves, ferns, and moistened the damp ground. The sound of a stream that’s near our camp echoed in my ears as I walked over to it.

 

 

 

 

I calmly walked up to the edge of the stream and lay down on the flower covered grass. Of course making sure there was no one around since I’m supposed to be scouting...but I can rest cant I? Ever since we found this peaceful area a few years ago, I always get up early and late at night to make sure nothing dangerous is near our grounds.

 

 

 

 

My tired feet dragged me over to the spring to relax for a bit while I still had my guard on. Being up since dawn doesn’t really do ya body good, but I’m used to it now. I dipped my snout into the cold water and drank from it. I don’t know why but it has this tangy salty taste that makes me energized. I think I might get drunk from it.  I laughed at myself and snapped my head up.

 

 

 

 

I felt uneasy, alert. I tried to convince myself it was the alertness of a hunter looking for prey, but I knew that wasn't it. Every instinct in my body warned her of danger, more and more, until I felt the cold gaze of a predator upon my back; but it wasn't a bear or a wolf. It was a completely different kind of predator.

 

 

 

 

I wanted to glance around but my body refused to. My skin crawled as the fright that started in the pit of my stomach began to rise. I quietly panicked knowing that I was only a scout wolf and couldn’t fight that great. Whatever was watching me knew it could kill me instantly, that’s why it’s waiting for me to move. I tried to take a few calming breaths, but the ball of fear what now in my throat threatening to escape my lips and scream into the night. 

 

 

 

 

I know it's there. I feel the electric awareness seeping into my body, as if preparing me to run. I can count each hair that stands at the back of my neck. My heart's beat is more than just a thud; it is more than pounding, more than racing.

 

 

 

 

I could always pretend I didn’t suspect it and continue to drink, but then I would still be letting my guard down not knowing where it would advance from. I can’t run in a random direction since I could be running towards it. Maybe I could call the others and ask them for their help, but what if-

 

 

 

 

“You think too much.” A deep voice whispered into my ear….RIGHT BEHIND ME. I snapped my head around and got into a fighting stanch growling at him. The wolf had dark brown fur and was very tall. To my surprise his light brown eyes were wide with excitement and he was jumping up and down.

 

 

 

 

“Whoa you’re really jumpy aren’t you? Are you ticklish or something? Did I really scare you?” He threw questions at me while running in a circle chasing his own tail. I relaxed and starred at him with confusion. Was this big wolf really childish? I let an amused chuckle pass my canines as I sat down waiting for him to stop.

 

 

 

 

Wait, why am I waiting for this child to calm down when I could be running? I slowly stood up and took off running. Wincing whenever twigs or branched scratched at my face, I kept running for my life fighting the urge to turn around. Making sure I could loose him I made sharp turns randomly and made sure to lead him away from my pack.

 

 

 

 

Lungs burning and already panting I took a risk and looked behind me. I turned my head around and let out a whimper-scream, another werewolf was right behind me. I turned back frontwards and felt my legs buckle underneath me. Soreness over came me as I tried to get up, only to fail from exhaustion. I heard a growl behind me and lifted up my head only for pain to engulf me, sharp canines sinking into my neck while the wolf’s front paws pinned me down.

 

 

 

 

“Sorry to say this wolf but, you’re in Hong territory.” The wolf growled before everything began to go black.

 

 

“Stop it Jongin!” A voice yelled someone near me. The pressure on my neck disappeared and I lifted up my eye lids. Shouldn’t have done that. The wolf from earlier was leaning down in front of me lapping his tongue on my wound.

 

 

“Chanyeol what are you doing? Do you want Him to kill you?” Jongin snapped making shuffling noises. I was about to lift up my head when Chanyeol growled, letting me know to stay down.

 

 

“I don’t care! Besides what can he say when I tell him I found a mate? He can’t kill me.” Chanyeol… Wait WHAT!?!

 

 

“I AM NOT YOUR MATE!” I let out a scream catching both wolves attention. Chanyeol threw his body on me and decided it would be ok to roll over me. I gasped and whimpered trying to escape from his heavy body but failed when he decided to hump me. “GET OFF OF ME MUT! AHH HELP ME IM BEING !” I screamed as laughter erupted around me.

 

 

“Im not you.” Chanyeol said and jumped off of me, giving me room to breath and scrape his germs from my body. (By rolling on floor)

 

 

“Chanyeol *sighs* how many times must we tell you! Just because you like someone doesn’t mean they are yours, they must agree.” Jongin snapped with irritance at the elder wolf.

 

 

I stopped scraping my fur against the dirt and got up slowly watching the two argue. I bet if I run now they won’t notice and Ill be able to get back home. For some reason though I didn’t want to leave the giant wolf, he is cute and goofy… WHAT!?! He almost humped me and I think he’s cute? Ugh I need to go now!

 

 

I turned my head around to se any signs of where the trail is and frowned. No where in sight. Glancing the way I came here I began to slowly creep backwards, getting farther and farther away from the two wolves. I quickly turned and sprinted off.

 

 

[At camp]

 

 

 

 

I panted as I fell on top of Sehun ignoring his wines. I finally lost those idiots after about 5 minuets of being chased and got lost half way here. I haven’t eaten or drank anything in hours and who knows how well the wounds healed. I shifted out of my wolf form and grabbed the shirt, lazily dragging it up my body. (Still laying on Sehun)

(A/N: In this story female wolves wear over sized pelt or shirts. In this case they happen to wear over sized shirts made out of pelts. While dominant males just wear vest like pelts)

 

 

“Hyung where were you and are you ok?” Tao asked popping his head into our wide cave. I waved his question off and grabbed the water cup from his hand, guzzling it all down. The water felt cooling sliding down the dry and hot throat. After a few minuets of me just panting I glared at the two younger wolves.

 

“DID NO ONE WONDER WHAT WAS TAKING ME SO LONG?” I yelled at them, though they both just shrugged.

 

“Geesh Ge-ge it was just two hours later than normal.” Tao said and hugged his knees. I scoffed and stood up.

 

“Gee thanks~ Now I know who I can trust with my life.” I retorted and walked out of the cave towards Kyungsoo. To my surprise when he noticed me he grabbed me into a bone-crushing hug and was shaking me back and forth.

 

“OMO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I HAVE BEEN? Omo why do you smell funny?” Kyungsoo asked breaking the hug but gripping my shoulders tightly.

 

I gulped thinking about my very strange encounter with the two wolves from the infamous Hong Pack. I looked everywhere but Kyungsoo and awkwardly laughed.

 

“Oh erm… I-I w-was making….poop?” I said mentally smacking me for that lame excuse. But it seemed to do the trick since Kyungsoo let out a satisfied sigh and let go.

 

“Ok~ See what happens when you eat too much? Geesh Baekhyun you and Tao eat to much.” Kyungsoo scrunching up his nose. I gave an embarrassed nod and coughed awkwardly.

 

“I will Hyung. I should get going and see if-“

 

“Wait why do you smell like that?” Kyungsoo asked leaning forward shifting his logs in his other arm.

 

“H-huh? Smell L-like w-what?” I stuttered gritting my teeth.

 

“Like…. Pine oak?” He asked getting more suspicious. I gulped and nervously smiled.

 

“Hey Baekhyun!” THANK THE WATER FOR XIUMIN! I snapped my body around and smiled at our alpha.

 

We call him the alpha although he isn’t really. We all grew up together so we are really close. Sadly a war was fought between many packs and our parents made us leave and find somewhere safe to stay. At the time there were only a dozen of us pups so hiding was fairly hard.

Luckily Xiumin was a teen wolf at the time so as If instinct he took care of us. Of course he couldn’t save all of us, but he managed to save us 5. The other 6 pups were fairly close to us but for some reason (that I cant seem to remember) we all got separated by a huge wildfire.

 Ever since then we have been trying to find a safe and stable home, away from everything and at peace. And in those three years all of them have matured very well. Before all of this Sehun was very lively and social, but now he is distant and could care less about others.  Joonmyeon was wild and cold hearted but now he is caring and mellow.

Tao was very distant but wasn’t shy unlike now. Tao is very clingy and is now shy. Xiumin was very goofy and didn’t really like fighting where as now he fights as if it’s breathing and is a very serious person. Kyungsoo was very adventurous and loved making conversations with the elders, now he is observant and gets scared easily.

 

“Um…. Baekhyun?” Xiumin’s voice snapped me from my thoughts. I looked at him and forced out a smiled.

“Yes hyung?” I asked.

“Are you ok? Dude you smell!” Xiumin shrieked. I blushed and glared at the two laughing boys.

“Sh-shut up!” I snapped turning and rushing off to the small pond we live next to. Hearing the faded laughs of the two idiots I undressed and dipped my body into the water closing my eyes.

“Stressed?” I jumped up at the soft voice and snapped my eyes open only to greet a concerned face. I gripped my chest and shoved his oh so close face away from mine.

“Ya! You can’t scare me like that!” I snapped and heard shuffling in front of us. My eyes wandered a few feet from the edge of the pond behind us to see nothing but a forest. Strangely it felt like something was watching me…

“Haha ok kiddo. Hey where were you? We were all worried.” Joonmyeon asked dipping his hair in the water.

“Oh I was side tracked but nothing big.” I lied going under the water and coming back up feeling refreshed. Joonmyeon on the other hand was making weird noises while spinning in circles.

“Well at least you are ok now. You smell weird by the way.” Joonmyeon said and looked at me with disgust.

“AT LEAST I DON’T SPIN IN CIRCLES AND MAKE DOLPHIN NOISES!” I screeched. He burst out laughing and got out of the water.

“True but still, scrub hard or wear my shirt because you smell like .” Joonmyeon said and traded shirts. Even though he is a male beta he still wears big pelts or as we like to call them shirts. They help keep us warm and are surprisingly easier to travel with. 

I smiled gratefully and rubbed my body parts under the water hoping to get the wolf’s stench off of me. I just hope he didn’t mark me because then scrubbing would be hopeless. After a few more minuets I got out of the water and slid on the over sized shirt, letting it come to my knees before dusting it off.

A low growl echoed through the area and I tensed up. My senses became alert and I snapped my head and eyes in every direction ready to fight. I knew I would most likely loose but I can’t let anything or one hurt the others. Strangely it was dead silent and nothing in the forest was moving. Sighing I gave it up and began to walk back to the others when someone hugged me from behind.

“AHHH!” I screamed and turned around. Kyungsoo smiled at me and hugged me tighter.

“Hi.” He said making me melt for his squishiness. I turned around and squished his cheeks together.

“Aww~ My Kyunggie is soo cute sneaking up on me~” I cooed making him laugh and slap my hand away.

“Haha I wasn’t sneaking up on you. I just came to check on you silly.” He said as I let go.

“Huh? You didn’t growl or anything?” I asked becoming confused. He shook his head an creased his eyebrows.

“No why? Growling, I didn’t growl but I was singing quietly.” Kyungsoo said before his eyes widened and looked behind me.

“You smell bad.” A low voice growled behind me. The persons breath kissing my drying skin. Oh…crap.

 

 

 

I would like to appologize for any crappiness that my chapter may bring. i promise tomorrow I shall add in more to this chapter and also add chapter two. omg Im sorry It sooo much like....*sighs* Thank you for reading this, commenting, and subscribing I really do appriciate it! Love you all adn again sorry

~EatOnewsChicken~