.001

A Pinky Promise || 새끼 손가락 약속
001 - PROLOGUE
 
 
 
 
 

Flashback

 

                Friday. A Shinny friday. A nice day to lean your body on the fluffy bed or curling up on the couch while watching TV. Weekend, a nice day to pull the tiredness out your body. For them. But wasn’t for me. Because although it was Weekend, I was still having my job as a stylish girl. Early in the morning, I had to wait for a bus on the halte, wearing a yellow shirt and black jeans. I tied my curly brown hair in a high bun as a small backpack hung around my shoulder.

                My right hand busy typing in my phone while my left hand busy to hold my chocolate bread as a fast food breakfast. People didn’t seem  to wake up yet since I was the only one who was waiting there

                 The bus came and without further ado I immediately stepped in, showing the card to the driver who greeted me with a friendly smile. It wasn't different than the other days, everything was same as usual. After me, two old men who always sit in the front seat got in, or a girl who always wear an epic school uniform with two-braiding hairstyle, or three men dressed in 'Rock-and-Roll" with tattoos all over their body, or a cute-faced man always carry a guitar bag on his back.

                    As usual, he bowed his head to me as a sign of respect. I replied with a nod and his head gave me another nod and a smile. Too bad, he was always sitting in the back row, the only row that I hated the most because I, Sandara Park, would always feel sick if I had to sit there.     

                  Feeling bored, I plugged an earphone in one ear while choosing for a song that would be heard by me later. I leaned my head on the window ledge and then, someone who I saw for the first time entered the bus. He was tall and slender, his fingers looked so beautiful, he had a cute face like doll, he was wearing a simple shirt and black trousers.

                   The man stopped to sweep his gaze around and caught my eyes. He smiled, I smiled. I almost jumped in joy when I realized he walked over and picked an empty seat next to me as his seat. When he sat down he smiled again and again of course I smiled at him back. This guy was really friendly, that my first impression of him.

"Often take the bus?" I asked, trying to sound friendly. 

"No." He shook his head. "I usually drive my car myself, but for some reasons I had to ride the bus this morning."

I nodded my head before asking again. "where is your school?"

The man laughed at my question. "I've graduated from school, now I'm working." He explained. "am I look that young?" He added with a grin, showing off his white and neat teeth.

"oh- sorry."

"Don't be sorry." He interrupted. "I can understand, you're not the first- oh!"
 
                             The man seemed as if he was shocked as his eyes caught something on his other side, I turned to see what it was and realized it was no other than the man who always carries a guitar on his back, was sitting next to me- I mean, not far beside him. I blinked, since when he had moved over there? I thought he was sitting in the back row as before.
 
"Hyung!" Said a man next to me, "since when you're there? Arrogant you for not greeting me. "
 
"Hey, sorry. I just don't want to interrupt your conversation. "
 
"You won't.." The man next to me smiled and then glanced at me. "Right, noona?"
 
How did he know I was older than him?
 
"did you two know each other?"
 
                       Both of them nodded simultaneously. The man next to me reached out his hand to me as if he wanted me to shake his hand, so did I. "Chanyeol." slowly, he turned to the man that he called 'as his hyung'. "And this is my friend, Myungsoo. We're both in the same faculty. It's just Myungsoo hyung is more senior than me. "
 
'Myungsoo? This is the first time I know what his name is. Well, even though we often met, we never really talk though.' I thought.
 
"I thought you've worked?" I asked.
 
"Yes, I have," Chanyeol  showed his cheery smile again. "A part time job more precisely. Just as a surrogate model, noona yourself? "
 
                      " a stylish." I replied. "Pleased to meet you both." I said with a friendly smile, they smiled back. And  for the first time, I saw a smile that was so noticeably different from Myungsoo's , the man who always gave a kind smile at me every morning. This time his smile looked wider and cuter.
 
"Nice to meet you too, Dara noona."
 
End of flashback
 

 
Author's POV
 
                     Sandara smiled as she rubbed a lip balm on her dry lips. She looked at the mirror in front of her seriously, though her mind wasn't that focus to her own refrection.
 
"Noona, are you done?"
 
                     A relaxed yet calm voice could be heard from next to the door, making Dara shut her lips gloss immediately and put it back into the bag. "Nee ~ Wait a minute ..." she shouted as she walked out of the room.
 
                  There a black haired man was standing while leaning his back against the wall. He was wearing a plaid shirt and a light blue tight jeans. A bag of guitar leaned near his legs.
 
"so slow." he commented with a grin.
"Sshhh .." Dara stuck her tongue out. "you know girls."
 
                      Kim Myungsoo laughed as he ruffled her hair before he pulled her hand gently, and picked up his guitar with the other hand, wrapping it on one shoulder. "Come on, your Chanyeol is waiting."
 
                 Dara blushed at the words. True, now Chanyeol was her boyfriend. Although their somewhat distant age, Chanyeol always said his confessions in no shame at Dara, or vice versa. At first she thought he was just joking, until Kim Myungsoo -that somehow became one of his closest friends- said if Chanyeol really liked her as a girl.
 
                    It had been three years since the three of them meeting. Sandara Park, 29, her now career had moved into one of the stylish in the fashion company that was so popular among young people. In addition, Chanyeol, 20, even though his career was still considered as a rookie he had became one of the main models, he was quite famous though, he became so busy that he had to leave his studies. While Kim Myungsoo, 21, still remains to be a music university student.
 
                      Nothing changed apart from the three than their now-closer relationship. Since their first met, Dara, Chanyeol, and Myungsoo became often to chat with each other. Chanyeol also stopped from driving his personal car and prefer to use the bus instead. Myungsoo and Dara became so close because they often to e-mail each other every day, The busy Chanyeol made his cellphone  held by his manager, because of that Dara rarely communicate with him by phone.
 
                    Chanyeol and Myungsoo, both were really friendly and funny person if you known them well. Especially Myungsoo, behind his calm face he had so many funny stories. Dara remembered when the three of them were walking around to the Amusement Park and Myungsoo asked for permission to go to the bathroom. With an innocent face he went into the female' bathroom -without knowing it of course- and ran out with so much yelling voices from inside.
 
                     He also ever tried to get a part-time job as a driver and ended up with a dismissal because he was too often to get lost and wasn't really good at memorizing the streets. That what made him confessed to her if that was why he liked to take a bus instead of driving his own car, and of course, it made Dara laughed.
 
                    Their relationship became closer, Dara felt comfortable when she near Myungsoo, but her heart could not stop beating when she was near Chanyeol. Chanyeol was really playful, his body was tall and well-built, his face looked more handsome each time they met, moreover, Chanyeol was a sweet talking guy.
 
                   Although the man's career getting higher every month, Chanyeol never stop himself to do his routine for taking a bus and met his friends there. It didn't even matter for him if he had to give so many autographs for the fans. The quiet bus lately became so crowded, many of the passengers were fans who were always trying to meet Chanyeol any time.
 
                     Sandara Park couldn't help but felt uneasy and jealous. She told everything to Myungsoo by phone, and the man wisely answered with three simple words. 'you. like. him.' Then he paused and added. 'I think he likes you too, you two like each other, so go on.'
 
                     With a small help of Myungsoo, finally Chanyeol and Sandara declared their relationship as a lovers. Unfortunately their relationship was in secret for Chanyeol's career. Not to add to the suspicion, Myungsoo always follow them every time they went on a date.
 
                       As of that moment, they would go out to the Zoo and Myungsoo also came along. Chanyeol was waiting for them in the car which he parked in front of the CF building (Dara's office building) while Myungsoo went in to pick Dara.
 
                    Chanyeol leaned his face to give a peck on her right cheek a second after she came into the car, Myungsoo who was sitting in the back seat watched the moment and faked a cough. "Lovebirds, please remember that I'm still here."
 
                     Dara and Chanyeol laughed. For Dara, her relationship with Chanyeol was lovers, and her relationship with Myungsoo was no other than bestfriends. She liked their now relationship, even with all the facts -like ages differences, etc-. She hoped their relationship would be like that forever. Despite the fact, slowly but surely, it began to say something else.
 
 
To Be Continue...