Chapter 2

My Peter Pan
 
Everyone keeps on looking at me with those judgmental eyes, whispering insults which are loud enough for me to hear as I walk in front of them. They must've hated me for causing such an embarrassing scene the other day at the cafeteria and for being so close with their oh-so-perfect-prince. But well, he really is perfect so what can I say?
 
I tried my best to focus on the lessons but every now and then, some girls would turn their heads on my direction and look at me with disgusted faces. I sighed and just looked out the window as I created an invisible wall to separate myself from this harsh reality. It was my only escape.
 
Luhan's presence was the only thing that is keeping me from attending this school. If I hadn't met Luhan then I guess I should've already asked my mom to transfer me to another school.
 
Time flew by so fast. I was dragged back to reality when I heard the ringing bells which signaled the end of classes. I started to pack up my things too just like everyone else when I suddenly heard loud noises from the corridor. It was those noisy squeals of flirty girls. I wonder what's wrong with them?
 
I'm curious but I'm not that brave to jump in on that crowd, who look like a bunch of hungry monkeys, just to see what is happening so I walked swiftly to the door like a ninja, avoiding bumping into my classmates. After some pushes and bumps, I finally got out of that hellish crowd.
 
I was about to walk downstairs when, "Eun! Wait!" shouted someone who is panting really hard.
 
I turned my head to see who the owner of the voice was, only to see a very haggard Luhan. He looked like he just jogged in the whole campus because he got sweats all over him. I was about to say something when we heard faint squeals coming nearer and nearer.
 
"Come, we gotta hurry!" he panicked, dragging me with him to who-knows-where. We stumbled our way to the library. It was so quiet because there were very few students. He casually walked to an empty chair and sat there. He then looked at me, as if asking why I was still standing there so I followed him and sat on an empty chair beside him.
 
"What's wrong with you?" I asked, quite annoyed.
 
"Sorry that I have to drag you into this mess, Eun, but I really need to talk to you.." he explained.
 
"Eh?" I said unconsciously. I don't remember having any business with him.
 
"Well, I heard you got the highest grade in English on the entrance exams." he started, "so I was thinking if you could teach me? I at English." he said, almost whispering the last sentence. I laughed in my mind. I just proved that nobody is perfect.
 
"But why should I?" I whined while pouting slightly.
 
"Hmm, I also heard you in Mathematics." he teased.
"What?!" I exclaimed. I was embarrassed.
 
"I said, I heard you in Math so if you would teach me in English, then I can teach you in Math! Isn't that a fair deal?" he suggested, but somehow I get this feeling that he is still teasing me. I sighed. It's true that I in Mathematics and I don't deny the fact that I barely managed to pass the math entrance exam.
 
"Hmph. Fine then." I agreed, "So did you bring your English book?" I asked him right after I agreed.
 
"Of course! Here," he said as he take out an English book from his bag. "and I also brought a math book with me, just incase!" he added. He seems so proud that he brought an extra book for me.
 
"As if I'll need that. I have my own book, Lu." I said while sticking my tongue out to him.
 
"Aw, come on. At least appreciate my effort." he whined like a child. I laughed out loud. He's such a dork.
 
"Yea right" I rolled my eyes, "Let's start so we can finish early" I said as I get my pen. He was doing his homeworks in english while I do my homeworks in math. 
 
I didn't know he was this good with Mathematics. He doesn't look like it. I was thinking so hard when I just found myself staring at him. He's so handsome, he looks like a prince. I really think his best feature is his eyes. Those pretty brown eyes that will melt you if it's looking straight at you. It feels like you'll get lost the moment-- Eh? Wait, Looking straight at me?
 
I gasped. He chuckled at my reaction before saying, "Like what you see?"
"Never." I said as I playfully punched his arm. What an overconfident, fellow.
 
We stayed at the library for almost an hour. We cracked at our own jokes and laughed really loud. We also talked about each other. It was like our getting-to-know-each-other moment. There was even a time when we almost got kicked out of the library by the librarian because of being so noisy.
 
 
I know I just met him, but I feel really strange when he's around.
I'm not sure what is this feeling, but I do know that I feel really comfortable with him.
 
 
-----
 
That day is one of those days I spent with him that I'll never forget.