Flashback to our Childhood

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hesitated to let go of mom's hand as the glass door to the main school building flung open to reveal my teacher, Mdm Cho. It wasn't my first day here but it seemed like everytime I stood infront of this door, the nervous feeling I get is similar to that of a new student's.

Mom kissed me on both cheeks before handing me over to Mdm Cho. I bid farewell to mom and reluctantly went into the building, turning my head I watched as the door slowly swung shut.

Mdm Cho gently took my small hand in her's and led me towards my usual classroom. The time taken to get there was too fast. My heart beat picked up once the classroom came into sight. The urge to turn back and run was running in my brain. As we stood by the opened classroom door, I was met with cheeky eyes belonging to a certain blonde boy.

Chunji.

The name I dreaded to hear. The name I dreaded to say. The face I dreaded to see.

Mdm Cho told me to go to my seat and wait for class to start while she brought in her things from her desk. And so I did.

I carefully maneuvered myself through the half full classroom. Sitting down, I was careful not to meet eyes with Chunji. But my efforts were in vain as he immediately started attacking me after Mdm Cho left.

"So, you came to school today. I thought you wouldn't show up." Chunji turned to look at me with a smug face,"But I'm sure nobody would mind you not being here today. You're so insignificant. Why do I have to see your face in school everyday?"

Not this again. Chunji always does this.

I was a student in the 3rd grade and being a very pampered child didn't actually help my status.

"Did mommy send you to school again?" he continued in a mocking tone,"That's understandable though but why does Mdm Cho have to you into class again? Are you a VIP or something?"

I felt cold sweat dripping down my forehead. I remained silent and avoided his eyes, slowly taking out my pencil case.

"What's wrong? Scared to look at me?" he laughed. I tried to ignore him but since he sat right infront of me, it was impossible.

I felt my palms become clammy and my heart continued beating fast. I silently begged Mdm Cho to hurry back and start the class. I felt the familiar stinging sensation at my nostrils signalling that I was on the verge of tears.

"Hey stupid, why are you sniffling? Caught a flu?" he pressed on further, smirking when I wiped my nose quickly,"I don't see how that's possible. I heard that idiots don't catch flu."

I quietly reached for my pencil and paper to doodle and distract myself from him but he just kept on pestering me.

"Why won't you answer me? Are you scared?" Chunji leaned closer,"Oh you're doodling. Hah, drawing won't get you far in life. But wait... You don't have a life!"

I clenched the pencil in my hand tightly and I lowered my head. I knew it would be pointless to fight back. 

Finally Mdm Cho returned to start the class. Chunji turned to face the board and put on his classic 'innocent' smile. I took this chance to wipe the tears quickly. When Chunji wasn't giving me his 'extra attention', I finally felt at ease. 

"So class, today we will be talking about,'What I want to be when I grow up'  write down in simple sentences what you want to become, the reason why and how you're going to achieve it. Everyone get some papers from me." Mdm Cho gave out some blank paper for us to write on. 

I immediately wrote down everything about what I wanted to become when I grow up. I stopped writing halfway to glance at Chunji who seemed to be focused on his work and was not disturbing me. I looked back at my paper. At least I can do my work in peace.

When everyone was done Mdm Cho spoke up,"So now that everyone has completed this. Let's have some of our friends read out what they wrote. Let's see, how about we start with Jungin?"

I nodded and stood up reluctantly and went to the board. Nervously, I scanned the class and saw Chunji muttering some words with his classic innocent smile. I wasn't very sure what he said so I just turned away.

Probably another insult...

"W-when I grow up, I want to become the world's most famous interior designer. I-I like drawing alot an-and I think i'll be able to help people decide on their home or shop designs. I will achieve this goal by joining the best design company in the country." I finished. As Mdm Cho and the class applaud, I went back to my seat. Chunji of course started his bullying again when I sat back down.

"Interior designer?" Chunji sneered,"Look at yourself will you? Don't dream big. I don't th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter