Niel

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I put the last of my files into the blue cardboard box containing all my office supplies. Sighing, I picked it up and made my way to the elevator.

I had been promoted to the elite design team. It had been my dream since I was a kid to be working in such a firm but I was going to miss my lovely work colleages from this team too. 

"Hey Jungin!" a voice dragged me out of my train of thoughts.

I whipped my head to the voice when I met eyes with Ricky, my good friend at work.

"Hey Ricky!" I smiled back. Waving wasn't an option seeing how I was struggling to keep all my things in my hold.

"I heard about your promotion. Congrats!" he smiled warmly.

I laughed,"Aw thank you! I always wanted to work with the elite team you know?"

"Really? Then today must be a good day! Its only 10 in the morning and you already achieved a life goal. Good for you, Jungin." Ricky chuckled.

I joined in and smiled at him,"I don't want to be a burden to them though. It seems like they already have alot on their hands and to add to that, i'm coming to join them today."

"You're not a burden," Ricky squinted playfully,"If anything, you'd be a distraction!"

I felt my heart drop at his remark.

"And why is that Mr Ricky?" I raised a brow, slightly offended by his remark.

"Because the guys there wouldn't be able to take their eyes off of you." Ricky groaned as if that was the most obvious thing ever.

I felt my face turning red,"Do-don't say such weird things." Ricky always knew ways to make a girl happy.

"I say it only because its the truth," Ricky shrugged, glancing at his wristwatch,"I'd love to stay and chat but Mr Kang needs his coffee asap and if I don't get it on time... You know what would happen."

The two of us shuddered at the thought. A moody Mr Kang could put even the bravest of all lions to shame.

Bidding farewell and wishing me goodluck, Ricky left for the pantry. And just as he left, the lift arrived. I hopped on and pressed the unfamiliar button of the 6th floor. Afew seconds later, I found myself crossing a connecting bridge on the 6th floor to the next building. 

When I arrived I was met with a quiet hallway. I stood rooted on the spot, thinking which way I should go. I was told to look for Mr Kim in his office. I decided to continue down the hallway and see if I could get some help. Halfway down the hall, I stopped to look outside the glossy glass window. It was so amazing to be in this building. Just as I was about to sigh out loud, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned sharply, shocked that the previously quiet hallway had someone besides myself in it.

"Oh, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, Miss. I was wondering if you were lost. I don't think i've seen you here before." a melodic voice reached my ears. I turned to look at the person.

He was a handsome man in his mid 20's with dark brown hair and thick lips. He looked awfully familiar. My eyes drifted down to his worker's pass.

"Ahn Daniel?" I looked back at his face,"As in Niel?"

He looked as equally as surprised as I was,"Excuse me?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter