The Start of a New Beginning

All Things Bright and Beautiful

Angels

"Through the glass in my bedroom window,
In the bushes far below."

 

Byunghun stood by the large open window. It was a bright and sunny day, and it felt nice. He could tell, from the way his neighbours had contented looks plastered on their faces. It was a Tuesday, which explained the crowd in the usually peaceful park across his house. The grass wasn't as green and healthy in the park as it was in his well maintained backyard, but it sufficied. A football coach who lived in his area held classes there every Tuesday. Byunghun once wondered how he managed, or he if struggled, with his daily necessities since one class a week didn't seem to earn him a living, but quickly disposed of the thought since another man's income had nothing to do with him. 

A rather shabby looking walkway was built around the fenced football field, which led up to an equally run-downed playground, not that the residents seemed to mind. They were utilizing the equipments well, with no complaints, unlike Byunghun's mother who refused to allow her child on the squeaky swing and wrote millions of complain letters to the council requesting to fix it. They never did come to it. The money and ink spent on those letters gone to waste, not that the thought ever crossed Mrs. Lee's mind. They had plenty of money to spare, no need to worry. In the end, she merely banned Byunghun from stepping a foot into the park. For your safety, she told him.

His eyes trailed after a stunted middle aged lady who was jogging on the given pathway. She wiped her sweat filled forehead with the back of her palm and fished out her MP3 player while coming to a stop. Byunghun reminded himself that he should most probably get a music player for himself soon, if he didn't want to die of boredom. The lady moved on, and Byunghun continued people watching as time flew by. 

From the corner of his eye, he spotted an energetic puppy pouncing about without a leash. A Yorkshire Terrier, common, Byunghun acknowledged. What wasn't labelled as common was the dog's owner. Said person had pale and creamy skin, was considerably tall (At least taller than Byunghun himself), a delicious pink set of lips and charming eyes with long eyelashes to compliment them. Byunghun convinced himself that he only concerned himself with the likes of the beautiful young lad because it was unusual of an adolescent boy to own a lap dog. He believed normal boys would want dogs that could classify them as cool. 

He hadn't been in Korea for too long, but boys are the same no matter which part of the world they lived in, right?

Unknowingly, Byunghun watched the beautiful boy longer than he intended. From the looks of it, the boy was about the same age as Byunghun, if not younger. Byunghun wondered if the boy would be interested in making a new friend, but shook off the thought immediately. His elder brother warned him about those 'filthy leeches' before leaving America. They would do anything, everything, just to some profit off the Lee family.

But he doesn't look like one of them...

The boy flashed a wide grin at his puppy as he playfully chased after it. He was running back and forth, blocking the little creature's sight while hovering over it, not paying any attention to his surroundings. 

Not noticing the tree that stood proudly in his way. 

Byunghun saw it coming first. He wanted to shout, to warn the boy of the tree, but was a second too late. The boy slammed face first onto the trunk of the tree. Byunghun winced. Ouch. He'd never walked into a tree, but something told him it hurt like hell. Byunghun panicked. Is he alright? Is he hurt? Someone should help him! His face! 

The Yorkie perked its ears and dashed at its owner. As if he was one with the owner, he gently at his legs, trying to soothe the pain, but was far too tiny to reach his face. It tried jumping onto its owner's body, to reach the source of pain, but the boy removed a hand from his lovely face to stop the dog. Now that Byunghun could see his face, a wave of relief washed over him, and he started laughing.

It was his first real laugh in a long time. 

Mentally bidding the beautiful young lad goodbye, he tugged the sheer together, and left the room with a light heart. It was enough. His heart was content and his mind at peace. What more could he ask for? 

He heard the garage doors operating and quickened his pace. Father was back, as expected, and for the first time in his life, Byunghun wasn't thinking about what he would talk about during dinner, or what he should do to lighten up the mood. The recent memory was on replay, and that made Byunghun happy. 

The start of a new beginning.