The Beast Pt. 2

Death is Underestimated

Finally, after one year, the case is going to end and Jessica Jung will be free to do whatever she wishes.

 

The expressionless girl walked into the meeting room at the National Security System and sat on the head chair. This was one of the most important jobs in her life and perhaps it was her ticket to the Chief position.

 

 As soon as she looked at the workers, they started reporting all the notes and news about “The Beast Assasian," a psychopath who killed woman and then leaved without a single hint to follow or at least that’s what he thought.

 

Jessica seemed uninterested in the news, mainly because she didn't felt like needing any of them, until she saw a photo of a cottage, it looked perfectly normal, and the young detective looked at the investigator with a puzzled face.

 

“What is this?” she asked eyeing the photography and finding nothing weird about it. The investigator, Hwang Tiffany, smiled at the confused detective.

 

“This is The Beast’s hideout, Jessica. We found it under his name, and the neighbors said that a man around the age of 36 has been living there for about 12 years. He fits with the description and the CCTV cameras have images of him,” she said still smiling. At least, this information was important enough to attract Jessica’s attention.

 

“Oh. Thanks Tiffany…” Jessica said in a soft tone different from her usual one. Then she called the attention of one official that had been working with her the whole case, “ Officer Kibum, can you please reunite your team?”

 

The man nodded, confused because of Jessica’s request. However, he knew one thing: If the Ice Princess asks you for something, you had better do it.

 

“Welcome, S.J. Police Unit… it’s been a long time since we saw each other,” the detective said while looking at the fifteen members of the unit. They were by far the most experienced tactical team in the N.S.S, which was the reason Jessica worked with them, “I have a mission for all of you.”

 

It was around 3 o’clock in the evening when the police unit arrived at the outskirts of a small village. The silence that surrounded the village was perturbed by the sound of two police cars parking on the side of the main street. The passengers of those cars finally revealed themselves consisting of a woman with a cold aura around her and three young males wearing the uniform of the National Security units.

 

“Excuse me sir, can you tell us where this house is?” Kim Heechul, one of the males that was with Jessica, asked politely.

 

 The man signaled a road that seemed used and said, “The house is that way, and I don’t think you would get lost since it is the only cottage in that side of our village.”  The four people thanked him and bowed, getting in the cars once again and driving towards the house.

 

“Objective localized. Code 76453. SWAT team, report yourself,” Henry Lau, another agent that accompanied Jessica, spoke in the radio.

 

“SWAT team reporting. We are outside the objective’s house,” Choi Siwon, the leader of SWAT, announced, “Permission to start the operation solicited.”

 

“Permission granted.”

 

Finally, both sides turned off their radios and prepared for anything that could happen. Jessica, being the leader of the operation, had everything planned and sorted out.

 

As soon as the communication ended, the SWAT unit got into the house of The Beast, more exactly its backyard. There, they found the creepiest “decorations” that could exist: Some were tools to kill, torturing items and bloodstained clothes. However, the real show was the wall that showed the photos of all the girls and women that he killed during those twelve years.

Everyone seemed frozen in time. How could someone do that? What was the meaning behind the Beast?

 


Next chapter is TaengSic's meeting... goodbye♥