Breaking At Night

Breaking At Night
Please log in to read the full chapter

Stretching my hands into her is like reaching for the stars. You know it's unreachable yet you still try. I wasn't supposed to fall this hard, not my intention to be blinded by the fact that we can never be more than friends yet I still tried. Breaking the rules to do what makes you happy, you know it's wrong yet it felt good and I wished she should’ve tried. Like an endless rotation of the earth, no matter how long the journey takes, it will still find its way to where it has begun and I never thought we didn't try enough. Time was our greatest enemy, one moment we were so happy and the next we're saying our goodbyes. I could never blame her for not trying because I know she did. She failed to show it but I can tell she expressed it with all her might.  

 

 

 

As wide as the ocean what lies between us. Taking careful steps so as not to trip. But I stumble every time, and I would just get back like nothing happened.

 

 

 

I found myself dashing through the busy streets. Not bothering if I bumped into someone. Not caring if I get into a big trouble. All I cared about is how to find her in this big city. After that call from Suho that she ran away from home. Then I saw a familiar figure on a familiar spot. She looked helpless, crying herself out. I want to hug her but something tells me she wanted to be alone, so I let her be. She must be reminiscing about the past, what happened on that same spot she was standing.

 

 

 

#Flashback#

 

 

Bask in the pleasantness of the city at night. Down the road we rode a bike like an ultimate dating adrenaline rush, her hands tightly clutching my back. It was so sweet not romantic. Her face illuminated by the lights making her beauty stood out more than any girl passing by. Some may get antsy waiting for the sun to set but not us. We waited there til the sky turned dark.

 

 

 

"The city lights look amazing." I said while mesmerizing the beauty of the world.

 

 

"Yeah. It's really amazing." I heard her say and she let out a soft chuckle.

 

 

"If only people could take notice of how beautiful it is. You enjoy them for free without money getting involved. It looks luxurious." I have no idea what I was saying but all I know is I'm so happy that I'm spending that night with her.

 

 

"Wow. I'm impressed." she said.

 

 

"With what?" I asked.

 

 

"Your words." She pointed out.

 

 

"How about me?"

 

 

"What do you mean?" She pretended as if she doesn't know what I was talking about.

 

 

"It's been a year already, me being like this to you. Stop pretending as if you have no idea Seohyun-a" Though I am still going to wait, I'm growing impatient. Not because our relationship seemed vague but because she kept on denying her feelings. I don't know where I stand. I hated the vague relationship we had.

 

 

 

"How long do I have to wait?" My voice was shaking.

 

 

"No Luhan. There's nothing to wait for." There's nothing more painful in the world than the words of rejection from the person you love.

 

 

"Can I hug you?" I asked her. I pulled her into a tight embrace.

 

 

 

"I love you..." I said.

 

#end of flashbacl#

 

 

 

It’s already past midnight and there I was looking helpless and pathetic, causing pandemonium. Soaked under the rain like a lost puppy.

 

 

 

"OPEN THE GATE!" I shouted for many times until guards came. Just like a mad person, they dragged me and threw me outside making me stumble. Unfortunately, she was not just a typical girl, born from a well-to-do family which separates us like heaven and hell.

 

"Mr. Seo! PLEASE I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER!" I screamed once again and moments later, her parents showed up. They asked me to come inside. Maybe they still do not know her whereabouts.

 

"Our daughter you say? Do you know where she is? I'm worried sick!" Her mother told me getting teary.

 

"N-no." I lied. "But I think I may be able to find her."

 

"Bring her back please." Her father supported her mother while pleading to me.

 

"Can I ask you something?" I said while looking down.

 

"What is it son? Money?" His father told me. I cringed hearing that word.

 

"No sir. Much more important than that."

 

"Then tell me."

 

"Is it that important for her to get married with someone she barely even know?"

 

“It’s for my daughter’s sake.”

 

"..or for the sake of your business?" They were taken aback at my remark. His father slapped me in the face. He was quite the strict type I thought.

 

"HOW DARE YOU!"

 

"I love your daughter sir." I stated ignoring the sting his slap has caused.

 

"What did you say?" He looked displeased.

 

"I love her more than anything." He laughed at what I just said.

 

"I can make her happy more than anyone else." I said once again.

 

"And how are you going to do that huh?" I was being mocked by him.

 

"Money isn't about everything, sir."

 

"GET OUT BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE!" Mr. Seo pointed at me but I wasn't scared. He went inside while h

Please log in to read the full chapter