Strawberry Kiss

Strawberry Kiss

Author: 23elevens
Title: Strawberry Lips
Characters: Minho, Key, Jonghyun, some!Taemin, some!Onew
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Fluff
Summary: Minho was going crazy. All he could do was see, and feel, but never touch. It wasn’t fair.
Note: This is somewhat like a request..? Well partly, because I’m looking for inspiration and since someone wanted a happy Minkey story, I’ll try to write one (: Comment please!

 

Key was driving Minho insane. I mean, look at that diva. All those touches, pats, laughs, inside jokes and banter with all the members. He was always lingering his touch on Onew’s thigh one second too many during their interviews, causing the elder to have an uncomfortable situation in his pants more often than not. He was always getting up early to make Taemin his breakfast and iron his uniform while the younger rushed around the house looking for his school tie, books and whatnot, and after he had finished his meal, he would pass the maknae his bag and pat his small , wishing him a good day. He was always lounging next to Jonghyun, allowing the other to caress his beautiful jawline and touch him whenever he wanted, providing the crowd with enough fanservice to please those “Jongkey” shippers for a lifetime. Everyone had their own special moment with Key, but him.

And Jonghyun. Minho could not begin to describe how much he saw red and gripped his knuckles till they were whiter than bone whenever the two proceeded to do a little “fanservice” to satiate those hungry fangirls. He was always going to remember that day at the Thailand fan party. For some reason Jonghyun had a packet of pocky about him while they were trying to blend some kind of juice for a game or something, and in a flash he had tapped Key and whispered something suggestive into his ear. Minho knew it was suggestive from the way the younger boy’s feline eyes lit up as Jonghyun ripped open the packet and put a single stick of the snack into his mouth. He watched, horrified, along with the other members, as the two of them started to bite their way to the centre of the stick, ALMOST kissing. At least, that was what the fancams showed when he went online to stalk them later after crying in the shower like a girl for an hour. However, he could have sworn their lips met for just a millisecond before pulling away. That day felt like a damn torture; he still had to plaster on a smile after the end of their little fanservice game.

Minho wondered if Key really had a thing for Jonghyun – not the other way round, mind you; Jonghyun’s hots for the younger Kim was so obvious that even eyes that grew at the crown of someone’s head could see it. This thought had been lapping rounds around his mind since yesterday’s Elle Girl Interview. The company had thought up some kind of name card game for them to lift up cards with members that they thought fitted the question most, and for SOME reason, they had arranged for him to sit beside Jonghyun. He had to resist stepping on that little dino foot every time he turned around to talk to Key or when he held up his name written on the yellow placard. As the interview wore on, he was relieved to find that there would be no way the two of them could create a Jongkey moment for their crazed fans at this interview, costing him an hour’s shower once again. Just as that thought appeared in his mind, the interviewers called out: “Which member would you most likely date if you were a girl?”

He froze, zoning out for a second while the other members laughed and flipped through their cards to choose a member. So much tempted him to pick Key, but reality forced him not to. Instead, he picked Onew hyung. Looking up, he realized that the leader had picked someone else – Taemin – while the rest had picked themselves. He laughed a little to himself, although feeling disheartened that the 91’liner didn’t pick him as a date.

Out of the blue, a voice that was all too familiar to him piped up, “Hey, since Jonghyun hyung had thought similar to me for dating ourselves, I’ll pick him instead!” Laughter resounded all around him, and he couldn’t help seeing a red tinge framing the edge of the interviewing hall. All he could see was the satisfied smile of the dino boy sitting beside him, and the flirtatious smile that the diva had shot at the camera, as if to say, “I know, everyone wants to date Jonghyun like I do, right?”

Minho couldn’t take it anymore. He stood up abruptly, earning him surprised and inquisitive faces from the interviewers and s. “Sorry, I’ve got a stomachache. Could we take a break for awhile?” Without waiting for an answer, he spun on his heel and walked quickly out of the place, breathing hard.

His façade of a stomachache had been exaggerated to a full-blown diarrhea as his thoughts spun around faster than a carousel at full speed, replaying what Key had said nonchalantly over and over again. The worried interviewers had allowed the members to return home and rest while waiting for Minho to get better, promising to continue the interview sometime later that week. Minho had remained quiet throughout the entire car ride home, ignoring their manager hyung’s admonishing for having eaten something he shouldn’t have to get a stomachache. Once the car was parked, he was out of it in a flash and striding to their dorm as fast as his unnaturally long legs could carry him to his room.

He slept for what seemed like hours, and was awakened by the soft padding of the other rapper's footsteps as he entered the room. "Minho-yah, it's time to get up. The other members are out with schedule, I stayed behind to cook some dinner for you before I leave too. How's your stomach?"

Minho did not reply, and instead wordlessly flung himself off the bed and strode past Key, not wanting to talk to him at this point of time. The elder followed behind him, an annoyed expression evidently forming on his face.

Minho sat down at the table, examining its mahogany surface as he waited for Key to serve up dinner. It was a light spread of grilled chicken and rice; but then again he was supposed to have a bad stomach. He mumbled a "thank you", and hurriedly bent over his food.

Key let out a sigh, watching the other member wolf down his food. "Minho-yah, you must be hungry right? Are feeling alright?"

Again, no reply, as Minho coolly looked around the dorm before eating again. He could feel that familiae surge of annoyance rising again, and tried to hold it in.

"Minho-yah, do you want anything from the stores? I could get it for you."

Deep brown eyes stared right at the elder rapper and its owner shortly replied, "No, I don't need anything your hands touch." Key could feel his y side rising again, and this time let it rip.

"Has someone stabbed you or something? If they had, good, for at least that makes up for some of all the attitude I'm getting tonight. There's no reason for you to go all silent at me when I didn't do anything and me out when I was being nice. Oh, you know what? You can stay in ville and wolf down your food while I go out with the other members."

Key bustled around the dorm, picking up his personal belongings as he went to check his hair once more in the mirror. He let out a huffy sigh as he slipped on his bright red Toms, wondering what was wrong with Minho that night. He was usually so calm and laid-back, a perfect combination to his wild and diva-ish personality. Though recently, he had been colder and more distant towards the slighter rapper, for god know's what reason. As he turned to leave the dorm, he felt strong fingers wrap around his skinny wrist.

"You didn't do anything? There was nothing wrong you did? Someone stabbed me? Hell yeah you did, for everything. You probably did Jonghyun, then broke my heart, and stabbed i on your way out."

The shorter of the two's eyes widened with surprise. "Minho, what'd'you me-"

"Do you really not know what I mean? Do you really not know how I feel about you?"

"Wha-"

"Bummie, I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you since I met you the first time in Lee Soo Man's office, where we learnt to rap together, to harmonize our voices. I don't know why I'm so in love with you or why I have to tell you about it right now in this awkward moment, but I think I should before it's too late. I don't know if you feel the same way about me or not, but you have no idea how hard it is to fake a million damn smiles while you're off having your special moments with Onew, Taemin and Jonghyun. Especially Jonghyun."

Key was stunned by this sudden outburst from his fellow bandmate. Had this boy really loved him for that long? For three years since the day they met? That he was so unbearably jealous by the fact that he, Key, had gone around being touchy-feely with everyone? Especially Jonghyun, while they were doing some fan service? He smiled widely out of a sudden, revealing his pearly white teeth.

"Minho-yah, was everything you just said all truth?"

The diva watched as a slight blush crept deliciously up the younger's cheeks, coloring them as he furiously tried to hide it."

"Yes, but you don't need to remember that-"

Before Minho could finish his sentence, a pair of soft, plump lips had crashed against him, as did its owner's weight, causing him to lose balance momentarily. His coherence left him as he gladly returned it, allowing a smooth, strawberry scented tongue to gain access into his warm cavern. Their tongues wrapped messily around each other as hands roamed around the other's body, exploring it for their very first time. A soft laugh escaped through Key's mouth, and Minho, unable to take the heat anymore, carried the elder with his legs wrapped around his waist as he made his way blindly to the lounge chair, where they crashed out on it gracefully and continued making out, time completely forgotten.

After what seemed like delicious hours, Key finally broke away from the kiss, panting for air, before Minho had looked at him in such a cutesy manner for abandoning his lips, leaving him unable to resist the hotness of his bandmate. Instead of re-enacting the past scenes, he lolled around lazily on the lead rapper's lap, pulling his head down with him as he continued kissing him, occasionally nibbling on the other's abused pink lips. They stayed that way until Minho pulled away from Key, lifting him into an upright position. Annoyed, the diva began trailing butterfly kisses up and down his neck, allowing him to momentarily lose his train of thought.

"Bummie, stop.."

"Shiro." Kisses stopped and his collarbone was soon well-attended to.

"Bummie, please."

"Oh fine, Minho. What?" Key looked him deep into his eyes, furrowing his brows.

"Do you really love me more than you love Jonghyun?"

"Mr. Brainiac, couldn't you have already figured out from what we just did? And since when did I love Jonghyun?"

"Well, because of the Jongkey thing, and the pocky kiss.. What about Onew? Taemin? Don't you love them?"

"Please, that was just fan service with Jonghyun, and what we just did was more entertaining than that pocky kiss. Onew's just my hyung although I like to alittle. And Taemin? As if I could have ual relations with my baby without feeling like a e."

"But, if that's the case, why didn't you tell me you loved me sooner and stopped all that with the other members?"

An exasperated sigh escaped Key's mouth. He leaned back on the couch, holding on to the other's broad shoulders. "Choi Minho, as I said, all that was just fan service, nothing more. Taemin is my son, and I was just playing with Onew hyung. You've never told me how you felt about me before, so how was I to know? Besides, I wanted to keep it down just in case, y'know.. So the Jongkey thing came in handy."

"But, Jonghyun hyung likes you too, don't you know that?"

A hand clapped over Minho's mouth. "Shut up handsome, less talking. more kissing. It doesn't matter when I told you or what I've done before, I loved you then and I love you now." Familiar lips pressed against his again, and they stayed that way, lazily making out for awhile more.

Suddenly, Minho pulled back again, causing Key to groan with exasperation. "What now?"

"I've never asked you just now, but would you.. be my boyfriend?"

"Aren't we kind of already are?" He pointed at their interlaced fingers.

"I know.. But I just wanted to make sure and make everything official. So, will you-"

"Yes, yes, yes. I, Kim Ki Bum, will be Choi Minho's boyfriend."

Minho couldn't believe his ears, and smiled so wide he felt as if his lips were about to tear off. "Thank you baby."

The other said nothing, only nuzzled closer to him and lazily allowed the other to his side, enjoying each other's company.

"Baby.."

"Yes?"

"Did you really mean it? That what we did was better that what you did with Jonghyun hyung?"

"Yes, babo. And was my strawberry pocky taste better than what you would have tasted if you kissed Jonghyun?"

"Ew, why would I have kissed Jonghyun? And was that what you were eating? It sure makes me want to eat you again."

"With pleasure, baby, with pleasure. Want some strawberry pocky to go with it?"

"Anything for you, baby." 
 
 

 

/not a work that I would be satisfied with, but, still, here it is. Hope it works for you guys and not too boring! Thanks to kolpupanda from AsianFanFics for the happy Minkey suggestion, although it didn't turn out that well. Do comment, especially silent readers <: