Ship it til it sinks

How to Write the Best Story AFF Has Ever Seen and Get it Featured on the Same Day and Everything in Ten Days or Less or Maybe Eleven Because it Really Depends or Wait No on the Same Day Cus That's What I Said Earlier & Also Some Other Stuff.

 

 

I don't think it's difficult to see that there are certain pairings among a certain kpop group that has gained a lot of popularity for certain reasons no one is quite certain of

The chemistry between some of these guys is comparable to the chemistry between an iguana and idk mayonnaise. 

 

 +  

I don't know about you but this is the kind of mayo I really can't enjoy. Every single week, there's some story all about Baekyeol or Kaisoo. And I'm not saying those stories are bad, mind you. Instead, it's just becoming a trend that's rocketing...but it's pretty easy to see its roots. 

 

First off, anything and everything with EXO will win these days. I don't know if everyone is legitimately a sudden fan now but it's kind of disheartening. Most stories have something to do with EXO - that's a given - but at the same time, that's not something we can change. I know I really EXO now...and in maybe a month or two, I'll have moved onto another group, who knows?

 

If we look at this reasonably, we should see that similar things happened with SHINee and INFINITE - the fans literally rushed to them, right? But groups like B.A.P. and BTS that we were all here for, didn't attract nearly as many fanfic writers and shippers as EXO does. 

 

EXO guys...definitely do a lot more questionably-gay and skinship things than a lot of the groups I've seen (nowhere as much as Super Junior and DBSK though, in my opinion) and they're all really hot. 

 

Here are the most popular ships right now for EXO:

► Baekyeol - [Baekhyun & Chanyeol]

► Kaisoo - [Kai & Kyungsoo]

► Hunhan - [Sehun & Luhan]

► Taoris - [Tao & Kris]

► Xiuchen - [Xiumin & Chen]

► Lukai - [Luhan & Kai]

► Xiuhan - [Xiumin & Luhan]

► Luhan with like every guy imaginable 

► Kray - [Kris & Lay]

 

And finally, the list ends with that. 

 

Lmao just kidding. My fingers got tired :|

So many captains, not enough ships. So what do we do? Build some more. I kid you not: 

This is actually a thing. 

Because two guys sharing a glance in the nation of same--skinship-is-like-itching-your-nose definitely constitutes some serious romance. But no, I totally ship Xiuhan, Kray and Krisyeol. I mean for real, just call me captain; I'm all for that. 

 

My main reason for adding this chapter in is because I'm really curious as to what you guys think about these ships. Will they last? And withstand the test of time? Because there are ships in the kpop world that everyone knows about: 

►Yunjae

►Jongkey

►TaeNy

►Eunhae

►2Min

 

But these are ships from what, to us, seems like totally classic groups. Like they're famous because they've been around for a long time. I wouldn't quite call this history in the making or whatever, but ships like Baekyeol and Kaisoo, once EXO has established themselves more...do you think they will make it to that list of everfloating ships? Or have they already? Though, I'll tell you what, I still get confused when I hear Baekyeol and Kaisoo and I rack my brain to try to remember which EXO member Baekyeol was. 

 

They're just like Yunjae, guys, I swear there's some poor man in Korea with a name like Kaisoo and all he ever wanted to do was live in peace. 

 

I was never much into shipping. I'm currently writing a story on my other AFF account with Myungyeol. It's the first story I'm doing and although it probably won't have, you know, steamy scenes like most of the popular ones, it's still a step into new territory! That's what really got me thinking about this anyway. Originally, I was writing this because it was fun but...I already knew more people would read it if I wrote about Baekhyun and Chanyeol instead. I couldn't help but feel it was unfair that it was too late to change it to a Baekyeol - before I realize what? I don't even like Baekyeol. I'd be bored out of my mind trying to write it. 

 


That's what got me thinking. What about other writers? Writers who have stories so much better than mine but decided to have pairings that aren't popular and wouldn't get as much attention as it deserved?
 

 

So what are your opinions about this total wave of Baekyeol, Kaisoo and other popular EXO ships? Are you the captain? Do you even have a ship? Or are you just paddling some canoe like BaekRis?