A Night to Remember

They Don't Know About Us

Chapter 5

A Night to Remember

I don’t know where he would take me but I can’t stop myself from feeling so nervous. It has always bothered me whenever I don’t know something that would involve me doing it. I’m the type of person who prefers to be ready for the situation that I have to face but lately ever since Inoo Kei came into my life I have never been so unprepared. Whenever I would think that I’m finally be able to take whatever he would probably say or does, he would still manage to catch me off guard such as his invitation for this “date”. I guess you could call it a date since he did say he wanted to go out with me right? Aishh… just these thoughts involving him make me crazy.

We’ve been constantly contacting each other for a month now. At first such set up made me quite nervous and uncomfortable but eventually you could say I was able to get used to it. It was fun getting to know him more; it’s truly different from just knowing him through the MCs and magazine interviews he does with JUMP. I guess we could consider each other as friends. I know it’s still early to trust him that much but he has already learned a lot of things about me as much as I knew about him. I usually have some trust issues and usually in doubt but with him, it’s different. I can just feel myself opening up to him each time we are together. He would always listen and he would always be interested to whatever I am saying. He’s so much fun to be with. The more I spend time with him the more I don’t want to say goodbye whenever we’ll be apart.

“Aren’t you a little bit too quiet?” He startled me with his sudden remark. I turned to his direction and once again caught off guard upon seeing him smiling directly at me. Immediately I turned away of course.

“Ah… Uhh... uhh… Something just made me thinking…” I cleared my throat and said.

“Oh? Really? What is it?” He asked, stepping on the gas as the traffic light finally let him speed off. Why does he have to ask? There’s no way I’ll admit that I’m thinking of him.

“Naah… It’s not worth sharing with you.” I exclaimed, hoping that he will drop the matter but sadly he didn’t.

“Ah sou.” He simply said, I checked his expression and only saw him looking directly at the road. I chuckled seeing such sight, eventually my chuckle turned into a laugh. As soon as he got the chance to steal a glance of me, he frowned.

“What?” He asked, obviously not that pleased for being shut down a while ago.

“Don’t tell me you got upset by that.” I chuckled once again. He lifted a brow at me and turned back to the road. I laughed again. He’s really cute whenever he tries to act upset.

“I was just wondering where you’re going to take me. That’s all.” I finally came out with something I hope was believable.

“Ah sou.” That’s all he said. I crinkled my nose with his response. There was silence for a while until this time it was him who laughed.

“Your expression was priceless.” He exclaimed as he laughed his head off.

“Shut up, you’re voice is cracking again.” I mumbled under my breath but he was able to hear it.

“You know I really don’t care. It’s one of my charming points don’t you think?” He exclaimed and stopped as another traffic light stopped him. I looked up at him. I don’t know what expression I have on but he only continued to smile warmly.

“I’ll take that as a yes then.” He exclaimed, I was just about to say something when he blocked me.

“Naah! You can’t take it back.” He chuckled.  I can’t help but smile, I always feel so warm and happy whenever I’m with him.

I turned to the window and saw that we were already on our way out of the city. I glanced at the clock and noticed that almost an hour had passed. I patted his arm not being able to hold the anxiety anymore.

“Where are we going? We’re almost out of the city.” I said, stating my observation.

“Hmmm…” He glanced at me and smirked. What was that all about?

“You see, I have a hobby of earning girls’ trust then asked them out. I’ll make sure we’ll be away from the city so it will be hard for her to ask any help. But if she does manage to ask for help it will be far enough for them to not make it on time. I’ll make sure my job will be over when they arrive and I’m satisfied.” He stated, my eyes can’t help but twitch with his statement. Lies, I know he’s lying but why am I being so nervous all of the sudden.

“HAH?!” I let something slip. Yet again, he was laughing so hard. Ah… Ahh… I don’t know what to say.

“I’m kidding!” He finally was able to say in the middle of all laughing.

“Of course you are. I know you are.” I pouted and sighed.

“Yet you made such an epic face.”

“Because I was so surprised, I need time to process what you said!” I exclaimed and gave him a short glare. He said nothing but laughed. Fine fine it’s fine if he’ll make fun of me as long as I can hear him laugh like this. The way his voice cracks, the way his eyes squint and the way he covers his mouth with his hand sometimes. I finally let a smile form and eventually laugh with him.

--

The sun was almost setting when Inoo pulled over. I stared out of the window and realized that we were in the sea side. I looked at him for confirmation and saw him nodding. He stepped out of the bar and opened the door for me.

I’ve always like the sea, the air is so much better here. It’s refreshing and relaxing. Whenever I come here, it seemed like the waves will wash away all my worries. That made me realized that it’s almost a year now since I last visited the beach.

I walked towards the sea, smiling at the beautiful scenery. I was so occupied by the view when I felt a piece of cloth (probably a scarf) covering my shoulder. I looked up and saw Inoo smiling at me. As much as how beautiful the place he brought me I would still rather choose to stare at this face the whole day.

“You might get cold later soooo…” He exclaimed, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Ah, thank you.” I managed to pull the words out of my mouth. It surprised me when he suddenly knelt down and took off his shoes.

“A-re? What are you doing?” I asked with a frown.

“Well, I know it will be hard for you to walk in the sand with those shoes, so I’m taking off mine too.” He glanced at me with his soft eyes.

“Ah! Right!” I exclaimed and was about to take my shoes off when he suddenly did it for me.

“Your dress might get dirty.” He gently said.

“Ah, eh?”

“Ma, let’s go?” I was still shocked with what he just did but he it seemed that he didn’t get bother by it.

“Ne~! Inoo-kun, I’ll bring my shoes.” I exclaimed and tried to grab it from him but he was able to raise it up away from my rage.

“Hey, don’t worry about it okay?” He exclaimed still raising my shoes. When he figured out that I won’t stop until he gives it to me, he suddenly ran.

“Hey!! Inoo-kun!!” I ran after him. I was so busy running after him that I didn’t realize that we are already in front of a restaurant. He was already standing by the door with a huge smile on his face.

“Mou!” I panted and grabbed my shoes from him—this time he allowed me to have them.

“You should have told me that we will go to the beach so I won’t look stupid wearing these here.” I mumbled but made sure it was clear enough for him to hear.

“Well, I don’t want to ruin your look.” Inoo answered.

“Still…”

“because it really suited you and you look stunning. It’s actually the first time I saw you dressed up like that so it really made me happy that you did that much of an effort for this night.” He continued. I was stopped on my actions when I heard him say that. As soon as I got over it I continued to wear my shoes and walk ahead of him (inside the restaurant). I’m really bad at handling things like this. I don’t really know how to handle compliments you see.

It was a very cozy restaurant. It’s quite amusing how the place was designed to look and feel like a ship. As soon as you enter the restaurant, a bartender would greet you behind his bar. On the wall behind him were different liquors. There were also stools in front of the counter if ever you want some drinks straight from the bartender. But we didn’t stay there. I felt Inoo’s hand on my shoulder and led me to a table next to the window—where you can easily see the setting sun.

As soon as we seated a waitress dressed in a sailor costume came to take our orders. It seemed like Inoo was a regular here since he knew the waitress.

“Alright then, one seafood bouillabaisse, one order of oyster casino, one order of shrimp thermidor  and one platter of assorted sashimi and two rice on the sides.” The waitress repeated our order. I was so surprised how many he had order, I guess it’s another cheat day.

“I heard you like seafood, so I brought you to a place where we could get them super fresh, just in case your allergy kicked in.” Inoo exclaimed, while resting his elbow on the table.

“Ah, yeah. Thank you.” I shyly exclaimed. I didn’t know he was able to learn that. He does really pay attention to everything.

“By the way, here’s something I made for you.” I think this is the right time to give it to him. I opened my bag and grabbed a box of chocolate pralines and truffles.

“Owah! Chocolates? It’s not even valentine’s day.” He grabbed the box and opened it. He picked up one and put it in his mouth.

“Hey! You shouldn’t eat that before a meal!” I exclaimed and tried to stop him though it was already too late.

“It’s delicious!!! Thank you!” He exclaimed and closed it after saying that he’ll keep the rest for later.

“I’m glad that you like them. I heard it was your favorite.” I said without looking up to him. I only heard him chuckle.

Minutes later the waitress finally came with our food. Inoo forgot to order the drinks so he proceeded to the bar for a while. He then returned with two glasses of cocktail that he mentioned was the restaurant’s best seller.

Our dinner was great, the dishes were super delicious. I never tasted seafood this fresh. The conversation over the table was very pleasant as well. He shared some stories and had some jokes. The next thing I know we were already done with our food (after more than an hour of eating, chatting and drinking).

As he mentioned the other day, he didn’t really allow me to pay my share he even stopped the waitress from coming to our table with the bill and paid it right away. I nagged him for that but he just laughed at me.

“I invited you so it’s mine to pay. Uhh! Say no more.” He exclaimed as he exited the restaurant. He yet again removed his shoes and this time I didn’t allow him to bring my shoes for me.

We walked by the shore, underneath the starry skies. I held the scarf that he gave around me. I sighed at the feelings that have been pouring in. This felt really great. I wish this night to never end.

“Yui…” I heard him call after me. Ah, he stopped from walking, I didn’t even notice.

“Yeah?”

“You see I want to ask you something, that’s why I asked you out.” He exclaimed. He was randomly kicked the sand on where he stood, one hand was on his pocket; the other was holding the chocolate box I gave him. His head was looking at the ground.

“What is it?” I walked near him and tried to figure out what he may want to ask.

“We’ve known each other for more than a month now right?” He asked, not even looking at me.

“Yeah”

“Are you happy that you met me?” He asked this time looking straight into the sea. His question took me by surprised but I smiled as soon as I got over it—might as well be honest right?

“Yeah, are you?”

I don’t know why but he suddenly became fidgety with my answer. He looked at me and answered.

“Of course! I am! I’m really happy!!” He exclaimed, holding both of my shoulder. My eyes circled with the sudden touch. He seemed to notice it because he quickly removed it.

He quickly turned around and rubbed the back of his neck again. I heard him release a few sighs. I let myself release a few sighs as well.

“I... I just want to know you better. Will you allow me to do that? I know we’ve only known each other for a month.” He said uneasily.

“Aren’t we doing that already?” I chuckled.

“No! Not just like that! I mean more on like this.” I frowned with what he just said. I don’t understand. Seeing the confusion in my face he sighed and thought.

“I mean, more on like this. Us, going out, getting to know each other, I want to know you deeply because…”  He exclaimed. I held my breath for what’s coming and then it came. My heart flattered, I felt like I’m floating or something.

“Because, I like you and each time I think I’m just falling deeper. I want to know what else to like about you.”

I was speechless. Does he really mean why he was saying? I like him too, a lot. He has been my ichiban for so many years. Knowing him behind the camera was so much better, he’s even greater than any Inoo Kei I have imagined.

“Hey…” He exclaimed as he closed the distance between us. He then wiped something off my face. Ha? I’m crying?

“What’s wrong?”

I chuckled and turned. I wiped my tears on my own. I took deep breaths and was able to compose myself.

“I’m just overwhelmed. Who would have thought that Inoo Kei can actually like a girl like me right? And that you actually felt the same way…” I turned again and smile at him.

“What do you mean a girl like you? You’re awesome you know?” He exclaimed and walked closer once again.

“Am I?”

“Yeah you are.” I felt his hand patted my head. I grinned at him and answered his question a while ago.

“Sure, let’s do this some more.” He smiled with my response. Why won’t I want to spend more time with him right?

“Wait! You said that I felt the same way. So you like me too?” He asked. I said nothing but smiled. He seemed content with my response and smiled as well. I walked near the water, letting my feet submerged. As soon as I felt him behind me I splashed him a little bit of water in which he tried to make even but I immediately ran away.

After playing a little with the water and taking some pictures, we finally decided to go home since it will be a long ride. It was a quiet one but a comfortable one. I usually steal glances of him but I hate it whenever he catches me, I can’t help but blush whenever that happens. Soon enough we arrived at my apartment building. It surprised me that he went out of the car and opened the door for me.

“I’ll walk you to your door.” He exclaimed. We walked side by side still no one bothered to say something. We were already in front of my apartment finally taking a deep breath I took the chance to thank him. I grabbed the cuff of his shirt which made him stop on his track.

“Ne~ Inoo-kun” I called out but he didn’t turn which confused me.

“Call me Kei.” He exclaimed. My heart yet again beat abnormally with his request. I continued to tag his cuff but he didn’t even try to turn. I cleared my throat and took a few breathe. I felt so hot. Why does he have to do this to me?

“Kei…” He turned almost immediately that actually surprised the hell out of me. He has a huge grin on his face that made me laugh.

“Call me that okay?” He exclaimed and I nodded without looking at him. I swear if I look at him right now I might just melt on the spot.

“Ne~ Kei-kun, I just want to say thank you for this night. It was really fun.” I exclaimed, still not letting go of his shirt.

I suddenly felt his hand on the back of my head, pulling me closer to him. The next thing I knew, my head was resting on his chest as his hand caressed my hair.

“Thank you” He whispered.

I was so overwhelmed by the situation that I can’t manage to say anything. After his thank you he didn’t say anything more. We stayed that way until the door opened. Like magnets with same charge we repelled immediately.

“Ah!” Misa exclaimed, she slowly then looked at us suspiciously. Before she can even say anything I dragged her inside our apartment.

“Thanks Kei!” I managed to say before I closed the door.

As soon as we reached the living room, Misa started to squeal. I shushed her down my putting my hand on .

“Shut it!” I exclaimed, she pushed my hands away and run behind the sofa.

“You were hugging!! OMG OMG!! I didn’t expect your progress with him will be that fast!!” She said still half squealing if that was even possible.

“I’m soooo happy for you neechan!” She ran back to me and hugged me tightly.

“Ma, I guess I’m lucky ne?” I finally said and accepted that Misa was actually been able to catch us on the act.  

I guess I’m lucky. This is just the start; I can’t wait for what’s ahead of me.

----

 

Yeay! Done with another update!  

Longer than usual... hehehehe.

(Not proofread so bear with it ne?)

Hope you liked it! Thanks for everyone who checked this fic so far. 

I hope to hear from you soon. :D 

Yui dea~! 

10-02-13