The New Student

Under the Moonlight

Mika POV

That was close I swear that boy saw me. Who was he? I don’t recognize him. He was actually looked cute but I might have just exposed my pack and I.  I am terrified, who is this boy I don’t recognize. If I can’t trust him with my enormous secret I could be the end of my family. 

But As a wolf I can be exiled from my pack. I know my pack wouldn’t do that to anyone, but I would want to leave after disappointing my pack like that. Luckily my eyes as a human are just blue so hopefully he really didn’t see me. I can’t face them if that stranger exposes us. I love my pack and I have to protect them since they have protected me through the years. They saved me on multiple occasions.  I start to be able to see the school so I turn to my human form and walk the rest of the way there our school isn’t that big 10 classrooms in the building plus some portables. We have about 200 kids in this school. There are not many shape-shifters though they go to the big school in the closest city.

    I walk into the building and I hurry to class where Hyuna and her friends we chatting away. Hyuna had reddish brown hair and was very good-looking. She is known as a popular kid but she has been very nice so I think of her as a kind person unlike some of her friends.  I know her boyfriend just broke up with her so I consoled her previously this year. She looks like she is over him nowadays. “Hey Mika did you hear we have a new student?” I answered with my confused face and I shook my head no. I sat there zoning out while they gossiped about the impending new student. I was wondering what this new kid would be like…. Would we get along…….would this new student be my friend. The bell rang so I moved to my seat by the window. I started drawing in my notebook waiting in suspense for the new student to show his or her face.

 

 

Zelo POV

Wow, I can’t believe what I just saw. It looked like something from the stories I heard on matoki. About the beast that eats aliens. My Hyungs told me it was just a story to scare me and that it’s a myth.  What were they from a giant cat…..? A dog….. I contemplate too much. It’s nothing I shouldn’t thing much about it since Yongguk hyung told me it was fake and there is nothing here. Now I am imagining things. It already 7:55 I can’t be late on my first day.

Skip

 To when he comes to the principle

“You must be Choi Zelo” says the scruff man in a suit. I gesture my head answering yes to his question. “I am the principle they address me as Principle Creature, I hope you like this school if you would follow me I will you to class”

I tailed behind principle creature through the school, he was rambling about how the school is built in a town that is superstitious. I didn’t really pay attention I was to busy looking at the school. It doesn’t seem like  how my friends back at Matoki used to describe it. I didn’t see blood on the wall or chairs with bars that hold people down for torture. They show me the gym the cafeteria and give me my schedule. I followed the principle to a classroom. When I walked in many curious eyes were looking at me. I bowed and introduced myself “Hi my name is Zelo, please take care of me” I looked around the room and locked eyes with a girl she had a weird aura.  I looked by her and there was an empty seat. I made my way there and people started murmuring. “wow he is so cute he is going to sit by Mika”……”yah but she really doesn’t let people very close I don’t think anyone has hung with her outside of school”….. “Yah maybe I should make a move on the new kid then.” The last comment I heard was from a girl with long red hued brown hair. She was very pretty but I don’t real the attraction. My senses tell me to walk toward the weird girl I presume her name is Mika. I looked her way and in a breath she was breath taking. She had a cute aura while a undertone of strength. Between her and the other girl. Mika was sweeter looking. I sat next to her and gave her my best smile. She looked at me shocked. She looks so cute and very beautiful. this earthling is different.........

 

 

 

Mika POV

He is the boy who saw me earlier. WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?? He must be the new student. He can’t recognize me since my eyes are different. I guess I can relax. He seems nice he just smiled at me. After my shocked face I finally smile back at him. Then we just listen to the teacher. Class went by really quick then it was break time. I start sketching a picture of a Moon when I hear “Hi, I’m Zelo. You’re Mika Right?”

   “Yes I am, Nice to meet you”   Zelo blushes and scratched the back of his neck. He was about to talk when Hyuna came over and introduced herself to Zelo. She was defiantly flirting with him. While he is busy I sneak out of the classroom to the dance studio. I don't really like to be around people who are flirting. I have never ad a boyfriend so i feel akward. i go through the gym to get to the dance studio. I look into the mirror and look at my appearance I fix my glasses and I put on Wolf by Exo (don’t own this song all rights go to perspective owners)

I start dancing to the choreography. I thought this song was ironic since I’m a wolf. I got engrossed into the music I started singing along in English

I feel the sensation; I feel it at once.

 I’ll take you in one mouthful like cheese.

 I take in [your] scent, scrutinize [your] color

 I’ll eat you up with more refine than [drinking] wine.

 Ah, but the strength in my toenail weakens, so my appetite yeah is gone.

 

Maybe I’m sick. Have I fallen ill?

 Yeah I’m in trouble.

 Get a grip. How’d you get your heart stolen by a human?

 It’s [the human] only a one-bite meal.

 

Hey bite tight and then shake, shake ‘til you lose your mind.

 Hey do it in a style you’ve never tried.

 Before the big full moon comes out, do away with it.

 

That’s right wolf. I’m a wolf. Awhooo~

 Ah I love you~

 I’m a wolf and you’re a beauty.

 That’s right wolf. I’m a wolf. Awhooo~

 Ah I love you~

 I’m a wolf and you’re a beauty.

(Read more: http://www.kpoplyrics.net/exo-wolf-lyrics-english-romanized.html#ixzz38ivbtf00)

During this song i look into the lyrics and realize it is stereotypical. I eat human food and falling love with humans are fine it is other creatures we can't get involved in but the pack won't tell me what we hunt. Since i am not a full wolf they say i need more training until I can help to protect humans. I someone hit the door frame.

I was startled that’s when I realized I’m being watched. I look over and there is the new kid Zelo. I stare wide-eyed at him. He smiles at me and says with admiration

“You are really good that was Exo’s wolf you were singing in English while dancing. Right?”

I nod my head yes since I am aghast someone saw me here. “I love dancing do you want to dance with me.” I am ecstatic I typically have anyone to dance with so I nodded yes enthusiastically.

We start dancing to wolf we do great with only a few mistakes. “I just found this song a couple days ago” smiled Zelo “Really? Then how are you this good?” he just smiled innocently. We dance to many more songs for about two hours. Till we drop to the ground from exhaustion. We start smiling and laughing with each other. “Do you want to be friends?” Zelo asked out of the blue. Zelo glanced at me expectantly. I said yes since he is new and he is the only person who truly enjoys to dance to the songs I like. We exchange our numbers then We just  sat there smiling like idiots at each other until Zelo’s smile turned into a smirk. I looked at him with scared curiosity when he started……Tickling me. I couldn’t help but laugh since I am severely ticklish. I attempted to run for my life when Zelo seized my waist and hugged me from the back. I couldn’t stop the blush that rushed to my cheeks. I looked at Zelo and when he realized what he was doing he backed away with a sheepish smile. I smiled to him and he just looked away. I decided to try break the awkward silence. So I said cheerfully “Let’s dance some more before its time to go home.” I plugged my mp3 to the speakers and No Other by Super Junior came on. We started freestyling while the playlist went on. It was still extremely awkward after what happened earlier, my heart was beating rapidly and I can’t get it to stop. I heaved an immense sigh and check my phone. 28 Messages unread in the last hour. I checked the time it was now nine at night I have been dancing for five hours. I was supposed to be home at six. I gasp and turn the music off.

 “SORRY ZELO I HAVE TO GO I AM LATE. I HAVE TO GET HOME” I grab my possessions and rush out the door. I looked back at Zelo who had a stunned expression I gave him a wave before I scrambled out of the room.  I put my stuff in my bag and turn into my wolf to get home quicker. I am tremendously nervous about what I’m going to face when I get home.

“MIKA WHAT THE__!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU HERE SO LATE, WHERE WERE YOU!” Tifa screeched. She was fuming and literally foaming at the mouth. I told her that I lost track of time dancing and I didn’t realize it was so late. Since there was no moon she is even more furious now then she would have been normally. She screamed at me to go to my room. So I anxiously obeyed fearing for my safety. We wolves are known to phase if angered enough. I scramble to my room and jump on my bed. I change into my pajamas and do some school work after about 45 minutes. I fell asleep at my desk.