Safe

Icebound

 

 
 

safe  

 

[seyf]

 
 

secure from liability to harm, injury, danger, or risk: a safe place.

 
 
 
 
 
 
"Rise, my boy." A powerful voice boomed.
 
The boy opened his eyes and saw a huge span of wings in front of him, radiating light that shone even to the darkest corners of earth.
 
"Shine bright." The wings opened, revealing a beautiful creature in front of him.
 
The boy squinted at the light rays that are emitting from the creature before him. The boy felt warm.
 
It felt like family.
 
The creature before him is family.
 
"Rise for your forefathers." 
 
Light rays grew more and more intense.
 
"Take vengeance for us."
 
More voice chanted and joined along with the original voice as phantoms of the others started taking form.
 
"Shine O Radiant One."
 
The light grew too much, then, the lights joined together forming a single symbol.
 
A sun with eight extended corners and a circle on each corner.
 
The symbol for the Coven of Light.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun jumped up from his hospital bed, panting hard. He had that same dream again. He looked around and saw the unfamiliar surroundings.
 
"Where am I?" Baekhyun murmured to himself. Then, he heard the room door open.
 
"Baekkie! You're awake!" A cheerful voice sounded out. Baekhyun looked over and saw the happy faces of his employees. Sehun rushed over to Baekhyun's side, hugging him tightly, while Chanyeol slowly walked over to the windowsill and placed a bouquet of flowers there.
 
"Hyung! How are you feeling?" Sehun asked cutely, making Baekhyun smile.
 
"I'm feeling all better! How did I end up here by the way?" Baekhyun frowned. Sehun and Chanyeol looked at each other before Chanyeol replied.
 
"The fissure, remember?" Chanyeol said. Baekhyun scratched his head. Right. The fissure.
 
"How long have I been out?" Baekhyun asked as he took a sip of water.
 
"Two days." Sehun said.
 
Baekhyun slowly raised his palm towards himself and looked at the mark that is burned into his skin. A sun with eight extended corners and a circle on each corner.
 
"It's not a dream." Baekhyun mumbled. Chanyeol scratched his head.
 
"What is not a dream?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun looked up at his employees, just to see them looking back with a confused expression.
 
"Eh? Nothing! Hehehe!" He quickly hid his palm underneath the hospital blanket. Before anyone could ask anymore questions, a nurse came in with a wheelchair to check on Baekhyun.
 
"Mr Byun, we would like to give you a full body check up for any signs of injuries, could you please get on this wheelchair for us?" The nurse asked.
 
"Eh? Okay! I don't need the wheelchair, I felt like I could walk!" 
 
With that, Baekhyun stood up and walked out of the room, leaving the nurse and his employees in awe.
 
"Wow." The nurse said.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Where is it?" 
 
Kyungsoo asked as the two boys hid behind a huge rock, panting hard, catching their breath.
 
"I don't know. It's getting craftier every second. Damn that bastard for casting such a perfect spell." Luhan panted. He seemed more exhausted than Kyungsoo as he had been the one casting heavy and intricate spells around them to fight against the spell. Kyungsoo looked at him. He should feel worried for the other, but he couldn't.
 
"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked suddenly. Luhan was taken aback by the sudden caring tone in Kyungsoo's voice.
 
"I-I'm fine sunbaenim." Luhan replied shyly. 
 
"Stop calling me sunbaenim, call me Kyungsoo would do." 
 
"But you are older than me!" Luhan pouted.
 
"Yah, I'm not that old." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Three hundred and seventy-six years older than me, and you say that you're not that old?"
 
"We demons do not care about those ages." Kyungsoo said. Then he cocked his head to the left.
 
"I am only three hundred and seventy-six years older than you? How old are you?" Kyungsoo asked. Luhan smiled sheepishly.
 
"I am only nine hundred and ninety-nine years old, but I'll turn a thousand in a few months!" Luhan smiled. Kyungsoo can't help but smile for him. One thousand is the age where demons gain their immortality. He couldn't help but forces himself to feel happy for the other.
 
"You're smiling!" Luhan exclaimed. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.
 
"Shut up." Kyungsoo smiled again, causing Luhan to beam.
 
"You're a brilliant spellcaster, who is your master?" Kyungsoo asked casually. Luhan smiled sheepishly.
 
"Well...about that...erm...I'm what you'd call a rouge demon..." Luhan said softly. Kyungsoo's eyes widened.
 
"No way!"
 
"Well...yeah..." 
 
"Why?" Kyungsoo raised his brows. Luhan scratched his head awkwardly.
 
"Well...many demons turned rouge on their masters after they found out what happened between you and Kai. What Kai did, breached the contract between demons and sorcerers. And I'm just one of them who has decided that it is finally time to stop letting these bastards control our lives..." Luhan said in a hushed voice. Kyungsoo nodded slowly.
 
"So what happened to your master then?" Kyungsoo asked in a whisper.
 
"I've killed him before he even had the chance to blink."
 
Silence enveloped the both of them.
 
Just then, frost starts to form on the rock.
 
"." Kyungsoo cussed.
 
The both of them abandoned the rock and ran once more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Mr Byun, your results for your CT scans and X-rays are out." The nurse announced just as Chanyeol was cutting a slice of apple for Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked up at the nurse that was holding onto the sheet of test results.
 
"Wow, that's fast. How is my body? I'm feeling all fine though!" Baekhyun smiled. The nurse began reading the test results.
 
"There are no signs of internal damage on your body, and there are also no signs of broken ribs. However, there is something that left us puzzled." The nurse scratched her head with a pen. Baekhyun frowned.
 
"What is it?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Your right leg...seems to have broke, but it is mending really really fast, so fast that we can hardly capture any signs of broken bones at that area." The nurse said. 
 
"Well, that's a good thing isn't it?" Baekhyun smiled. The nurse nodded her head.
 
"I guess so..."
 
"Then it's good! When can I leave the hospital? I can feel my growing big from lying here for so loooooong." Baekhyun whined. 
 
"You can leave by tonight." The nurse smiled.
 
"Great!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"There's a city just right ahead!" Luhan shouted over to Kyungsoo who is running a few feet away from him.
 
"I know! Lets go seek refuge there!" Kyungsoo shouted back, feeling out of breath. 
 
The white cat behind them, chasing relentlessly, snarling as it shot ice spikes towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo dodged, and it misses him barely by a few inches. Kyungsoo felt giddy from being weak. He had spent most of his energy running and casting small spells, and Luhan had been the one deflecting all the ice for him. The both of them are at the edge of their limits already.
 
The cat hissed. It blew a strange wind towards Kyungsoo, making a patch of grass turn into ice at Kyungsoo's feet. Kyungsoo slipped on the ice and fell flat. 
 
"Kyungsoo!" Luhan screamed as he went over to help Kyungsoo, but the cat was faster.
 
The cat's eyes glowed a light blue as it turned into a ball of light as it leaped into the air. Kyungsoo couldn't move. He felt too weak. He is too weak. He allowed his eyes to flutter shut as he lay there for what is going to come next. 
 
Kyungsoo felt a chill wind breeze through his body as he felt chills all over. He felt freezing. It is cold. So cold. 
 
However, the cold that burns did not come. 
 
"Go...run...!"
 
Kyungsoo opened his eyes. He saw Luhan in his spirit form, standing in front of him, holding the cat by his bare hands while his arms slowly freezes. Frost started forming on Luhan's deer antlers as the ice slowly wraps over him.
 
"No!" Kyungsoo shrieked. Luhan had been his only friend after being trapped in the ice so many years. He is Kyungsoo's savior. And Kyungsoo isn't ready to let him die yet, especially when he is just a few months away from gaining his immortality. 
 
"Don't worry, I'll be fine. The spell is directed towards you, and it will only chase after you and it won't harm me much. So go! Run!" Luhan shouted. Kyungsoo felt tears in his eyes as he scrambled to his feet.
 
"We will meet again, I promise!" Luhan shouted.
 
Kyungsoo nodded. He turned and ran towards the city lights that were just beginning to come on as the sun sets.
 
Luhan smiled as he sees Kyungsoo's retreating back. He smiled because finally, he got Kyungsoo to feel something. He smiled seeing tears in Kyungsoo's eyes. He turned his attention back to the white cat in front of him.
 
"You are an annoying little bastard of a spell."
 
The cat snarled and tried to claw at Luhan. Luhan lowered his head such that the cat's face is directly between both of his antlers
 
"Ultimatium des Cervus" Luhan chanted as a ball of deep, dangerous, red energy started gathering at the space between his antlers.
 
"Tormento feriuntur"
 
The ball of energy blasted straight into the white cat at close range, creating an explosion that rocked miles away.
 
Kyungsoo felt the tremors at his feet as he ran, but he did not look back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yes Chanyeol, I'm fine, I can drive, yes, yes, okay, I'll text you when I get home, okay, bye."
 
Baekhyun hung up on Chanyeol as he walked towards his car that Chanyeol brought to him from his house. He had just gotten out of the hospital and is just going to be on his way home.
 
Baekhyun looked at his palm again. The symbol, it's horrifying, yet glorious and beautiful. He sighed, not knowing what the symbol meant. He is so going to do a research on it when he reach home. Baekhyun started humming a tune to himself as he walked to his sleek black Audi.
 
It was then, it started snowing.
 
"What the?" Baekhyun frowned as he looked up. It started snowing already? When it is just in the beginning of October?
 
However, Baekhyun did not feel cold at all. He caught a snowflake, just to see it disintegrate at his touch. Baekhyun shrugged as he continued his way towards his car.
 
BANG!
 
Baekhyun looked to his right where the sound came from. There is no one there.
 
"Hello?" Baekhyun called out as he took small steps towards the sound.
 
"Anybody there?" Baekhyun asked slowly. He can hear the sound of someone panting.
 
Baekhyun walked in hurried steps. As he neared the sound of panting, he can make out the form of a boy, huddled on the floor, hugging his own legs as he shivered.
 
"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need an ambulance?" Baekhyun asked as he slowly crouched down to the boy's level. He can see that the boy is shivering like a leaf in the cold night.
 
"Hey, do you need-"
 
Baekhyun was being cut off when the boy pulled him into a hug.
 
"Hey-"
 
"So warm...so so warm..." The boy said as he hugged Baekhyun tightly. Baekhyun can feel the vibrations from the boy from shivering non-stop.
 
"Errr okay...?" Baekhyun said awkwardly as he tried to pull away from the boy.
 
"Please hug me, I feel so cold." The boy pleaded as he nuzzled the sensitive spot on Baekhyun neck.
 
"Stop that! It tickles!" Baekhyun said in distress.
 
"So cold...I feel so cold..." The boy said softly.
 
"O-okay, fine." Baekhyun gingerly wrapped his arms around the other. He can feel the boy slowly relaxing in his arms.
 
"So warm...so...so...warm..." He can feel the other slowly slacking off in his embrace as the other drifted off into dreamland.
 
"Hey! Hey wake up!" Baekhyun tried shaking the other awake, but it is useless as the other had fell asleep.
 
"Aish, seriously?" Baekhyun cussed. He lifted up the other in bridal style. The boy felt featherlight in Baekhyun's arms.
 
In the dark flickering streetlight, Baekhyun can see that the other looks no more than eighteen. The other boy is an ethereal beauty, and Baekhyun felt his breath being taken away just by the boy's looks.
 
Baekhyun's heart rammed in his chest as the other boy snuggled closer to him as if seeking for more warmth.
 
"W-who are you?" Baekhyun asked as a blush creeped up his face. Baekhyun watches as the boy smiled in his sleep.
 
"Aish...I guess I have no choice but to bring you home then." Baekhyun said as he carried the boy to his car. 
 
When Baekhyun reaches his car, he had not notice that he is being watched by someone, or I'd rather say, something.
 
As the car drove out of the driveway, a white cat stalked out from the shadows. 
 
The cat snarled.
 
For some reasons, it couldn't go near the fallen boy when the short boy with the small eyes is around. 
 
It was so close to its prey. So so close. Just to have it snatched away by some random stranger just as it was about to pounce.
 
The cat stalked away into the dark nights as it tries to formulate plans to hunt down its prey again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Luhan slowly opened his eyes. He is in the forest. 
 
The last thing he remembers is that he fired a massive spell at the white cat, before he passes out as the last of his energy is expended. 
 
Luhan winced as he sat up. 
 
Finding Kyungsoo would be hard now. 
 
Turning into a deer, Luhan began to sniff out Kyungsoo's scent. 
 
He began following Kyungsoo's scent as he walked towards the city.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A Cup of Sunshine
 
So....Luhan is a deer! Yay \o/ lol
 
So...what exactly is the white cat? Hmmmmm I'm so curious~ 
 
Is the storyline getting confusing? HAHAHAHA I bet it is. Buttttttttttttt there'll be answers soon mwahahahahaha
 
I apologise for any grammatical/vocabulary errors, or any mistakes I've made in general.
 
I really hope that you guys like this story >_< it's my first time writing fantasy after all, I'm trying my best >_<
 
I love you all for reading! Thank you for reading and subscribing! Till next time~ PEACE OUT! (^o^)v