Chapter 7; Last update...? And maybe never coming back

Goodbye And Hello

Reaching the hospital car park, Kyungsoo rushed out of the car towards the direction of the lifts, while Joonmyeon tried to find a parking lot. After circling around for a few minutes, he finally found one and parked his car. Getting out of his car and walking to the lift lobby, he calmly entered the lift. Just as the lift doors were about to close, a figure rushed in panting, and Joonmyeon immediately recognized who it was and began to feel nervous.


Kim Jongin’s best friend, as well as his legal lawyer. The one that would always stand up for Jongin, and would continue to do so. Oh Sehun.


Joonmyeon gulped. If Sehun was here this quickly, did that mean that he had already been identified, and that Sehun was here to turn him in? Distracted, Joonmyeon didn’t even notice that Sehun had been staring at him, and only snapped out of his reverie when Sehun tapped him on the shoulder.


“Oh, it really it you! Hello Joonmyeon sunbae, do you remember me? I’m Oh Sehun.” Sehun, though visibly tired and anxious, smiled while bowing at Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon internally heaved a sigh of relief as he smiled back at Sehun.


“Ah yes I remember you. How are you? You seem to be in a rush, I suppose it’s because of Jongin?” Immediately, Joonmyeon regretted saying that, as Sehun’s facial expression turned from relief to confusion. 


“Sunbae…how did you find out? It hasn’t even been a few hours since his accident.” Sehun paused while frowning, before his face morphed into that of revelation. “Ah, you must have heard from Kyungsoo? After all, you guys were really close back in high school and you were his best man during their wedding. Since Jongin isn’t here for Kyungsoo, you were probably the only person Kyungsoo remembered.” Sehun smiled weakly.


 “I know it’s really not my place to disclose this right now, but right before his accident, Jongin had me fax him divorce papers. When I asked him for a reason, he refused to say anything except that he couldn’t face Kyungsoo anymore, and shut his phone off. I immediately rushed out of my workplace to try and find him. By the time I reached our usual hangout, all that was left was a puddle of blood and some broken glass. Within the next 10 minutes, I received a call that Jongin had been sent here.” Sehun’s usually stoic face was overcome with sadness and pain.


 “Under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t be too worried, as Kyungsoo always was Jongin’s happiness and reason to live. But now… now that they’re on the verge of a divorce, I can’t be sure that Jongin will have the willpower to continue living in this world.” Joonmyeon patted Sehun’s back in an attempt to comfort him, but inside, he was slowly dying due to the guilt he felt. He had only meant to try and take Kyungsoo away from Jongin and have a happy ending, but in the end, he had ended up harming Jongin and Kyungsoo as a result.

Should he just turn himself in?

What if Jongin never woke up? If he was in jail, Kyungsoo would probably try to kill himself wouldn’t he?

But what if Jongin woke up and made up with Kyungsoo? Then what would become of him?

The sudden chime of the elevator bell broke Joomyeon’s chain of thoughts, and he silently exited the elevator with Sehun.


Author's Note:

Hey guys. So as I was writing up this chapter yesterday and today, a lot of thoughts overwhelmed me. Some of y'all may know ( who am I kidding, probably only one or two of y'all know) that I sat for a really major exam this year. I studied really hard and I had a lot of tuition. In between the collection of the results, there was a really long break and I had a lot of fun. I went to Korea, I hung out with friends and I went for EXOLUXION SG. All these were really great times, but guess what? I did horrendously for my exams, so much so that I even contemplated whether living in this world was worthwhile anymore. I cried the whole day and up till now, I'm still kind of upset. Since I'm still here writing, you can obviously guess my choice. But anyway, I just wanted to say, that maybe it's time for me to start studying properly and focus on the future before writing and EXO? I mean like even with my irregular updates and all that, nobody even comments. Also, EXO won't be here forever for me whenever I'm down. I love them, but to them I'm like probably one of the 15435527845734578632347461 fans that love them worldwide. All I ever want is to see that they're happy and all that. I love them, but do they love me back? No. The honest answer hurts, but that's reality. My mum even scolded me yesterday, saying that I should grow up and stop being so obsessed. To be honest, I really want a good future. But never once have I imagined a future without EXO in it. I imagined that when I'm 20, I'l still be there for them at their concerts when they're 30. Even if I'm the last fan standing at their concerts, never once have I imagined that I would be without EXO. I was just thinking to myself: Without EXO, would I be able to focus on my studies? Sure, if i don't attend their concerts, I'll have more time. If I don't buy their albums, I'll probably have more money. But would life really be better? Would it be as vibrant? As I sit in my room writing, the silence is overwhelming me and I really  can't stand it. If my promising future is without EXO, would I be delusional to say that I'd rather not have that future?