I'm Leaving

Take Me Away

 

 

 

When Shinhye left Yonghwa and went with Jongsuk, he dropped her off to Dahee’s house so that she can start packing up.

 

“Yah, why are you packing up? Are you paying your parents a visit?” Dahee asked because she was curious.

 

Shinhye didn’t say anything she was in her own world after what she did to Yonghwa. When she was done packing she got up and packed her other stuff.

 

“You’re acting a little weird. YAH! PARK SHIN HYE!” she screamed at Shinhye.

 

Shinhye was taken by surprised so she said, “Yes?”

 

“Is something wrong? You don’t usually act like this and where are you going?” Dahee questioned her again.

 

“I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me.” Shinhye continued to pack her stuff.

 

Dahee knows that something's wrong because this is the first time that Shinhye’s acting like this.

 

“Actually yes, I do have to worry about you because you’re acting strange. This isn’t like you. You know you can always come to me if you’re having a hard time. You always do.” Dahee came nearer to her as she said the last sentence.

 

As she said that, Shinhye’s eyes started to get watery and the moment Dahee hugged her Shinhye crashed down. She cried and cried until there was no tears left to shed but only some small hiccups left. Dahee didn’t say anything but only gave her comfort words because Shinhye didn’t tell her about her problems yet. As she kind of calmed down a bit Dahee went and grabbed her a tissue.

 

“Would you like to tell me now?” Dahee handed her the tissue.

 

“It’s about Yonghwa.” she grabbed the tissue from her. “I did something horrible to him. He probably hates me by now. Also I don’t have time to explain I have to go to the airport.” she said with small hiccups along as she stuff her last clothes into her bag.

 

“Wait. Where are you going?”

 

“My parents been in a accident. They’re in the hospital because of me. I have to go. All this time thank you Dahee ya for everything. I promise to tell you everything once I land.” Shinhye got up and headed to the door.

 

“Wait who's taking you. Who are you going with.” Dahee followed her.

 

“Jongsuk.”

 

“Who? Jongsuk? Are you out of your mind? Have you ever thought that he might be playing you?” she raised her voice worriedly.

 

Shinhye paused before opening the door and looked at her. “I don’t think Jongsuk’s that low to do such a thing.”

 

“Okay fine. Make sure to call me when you land okay, you promised. Take care of yourself when you’re away.” Dahee pulled Shinhye into a hug.

 

“I might not be able to come back. I’ll probably pay you a visit though.” Shinhye mumbled as they broke the hug.

 

Dahee stared at her. “What do you mean? You’re leaving me? What about Yonghwa?” Dahee asked.

 

Shinhye stared at her with sad eyes. “We broke up.” she gave out a scoff. “Actually no, I just left me without saying farewell. I don’t deserve him Dahee ya, he deserves someone who won’t break his heart, like I did.”

 

Shinhye smiled at her. “I’m sorry Dahee ya. I’m going back to the US, I won’t be coming back but I’ll surely visit you. So don’t worry this won’t be the last you see of me. I’ll be going then, see ya.” Shinhye gave her one last hug and went inside of Jongsuk’s car that was waiting for her.


 

***


 

It’s been 3 months since Shinhye left to the US. She visited her parents in the hospital but they’re now resting at home. Jongsuk accompany her when she visited them, they thanked him for keeping his promise. Shinhye and Jongsuk kind of got close but that doesn’t mean that she forgotten about Yonghwa. He was still on her mind the entire 3 months that passed. She hated herself for what she did.

 

Shinhye kept her promise, and called Dahee back when she arrived 3 months ago. She explained everything about what happened during that day and Dahee didn’t scold her about it because Shinhye was just shocked during that time. Although Dahee wanted to scold her for being dumb with her action she was an understanding friend so she understood.

 

Shinhye’s now in her parents room taking care of them, such as giving them what they need.

 

“Shinhye dear, it’s nice to have you back.” Shinhye’s mom caressed her face. “Do you know how worried we have been?” Shinhye’s mom mentioned.

 

“Don’t you ever run away from us again do you hear? We figured that we’ve been too harsh on you about the marriage. So we decided to have you decide whatever you want. We won’t be mad at you if you don’t want to.” Shinhye’s dad uttered.

 

Shinhye smiled at her parents. “Thank you for the advantage. I’ll think about it.”

 

“You don’t have to think about it, you can just say no right now.” Shinhye’s mom advised.

 

“We won’t be disappointed in you.” Shinhye’s dad spoked.

 

“Just like I said, I’ll think about it. Good-night then omma, appa.” she gave them each a kiss on the cheek and left the room.


 

***


 

Shinhye was in her room lying on her bed while on the phone with Dahee.

 

“If they gave you the option then won’t you say no. Why do you want to think about it?” Dahee was silent for a minute. “Don’t tell me that since you left 3 months ago, you moved on and you’re going out with him!” she freaked out on the other line.

 

“Yah! It’s not like that!” Shinhye was silent for a moment. “I just don’t know what to do no more.”

 

“Well, you did kind of threw Yonghwa off but I’m sure that if you explain everything to him then he’ll understand.” Dahee assured her.

 

“If only if it’s that easy as it sounds like. He probably doesn’t even want to see nor hear from me no more. It’s hopeless.” Shinhye replied with a sad voice.

 

“Hey! I’m sure deep down inside of him he still loves you too. If you try reaching out to him first then you guys can get back together.” she explained to Shinhye.

 

“It’s getting late Dahee ya. I better go to sleep. I’ll call you sometimes.” she bid her goodnight and ended the call.

 

***

 

The next day Shinhye got a call from Jongsuk he wanted to hangout with her if she has any free time, to which she said “yes” because she was kind of bored.

 

“Hi~ It’s nice to see that you’re not trying to avoid me now. So how are things going lately.” Jongsuk came inside the coffee shop.

 

“Hi to you also. I don’t know if that was a compliment or not but you’re welcome. Oh, I didn’t know what you wanted so I didn’t order you any drinks yet. I already order mine.” she showed him her drink.

 

“Oh that’s ok. I’m not thirsty.” he paused thinking for awhile. “Hey, wanna go watch a movie!”

 

“Really? Okay!”

 

***

 

After the movie Jongsuk walked Shinhye home.

 

“You know you don’t have to walk me home. I can walk by myself.” she mentioned.

 

“No, it’s very dangerous also you’re a yeoja.” he replied.

 

“Hmm, so I’m a girl so I can’t do anything alone then.” she tried to not make the atmosphere awkward.

 

“Ah, that’s not what I meant. It’s just that I’m worried you know, you’re parents might freaked out again.” he made an excused.

 

They continue walking. “Well, we’re here. Thank you for paying for me and for walking me home. Bye.” she was about to go inside when Jongsuk stopped her.

 

“Uhm, I hope we can do this again sometimes.”

 

Shinhye didn’t say anything but only gave him a small smile and went inside.


 

***


 

She got inside and greeted her parents. They were doing great now after the accident. She cooked for them since it’s been a long time because she ran away.

 

“I always loved my daughter’s cooking.” Shinhye’s dad felt happy because he got to eat her food again.

 

“Me too, yeobo.” Shinhye’s mom said as she ate her soup.

 

Shinhye slowly put down the spoon for the soup as she turned around and stared at her parents who were happily eating her food she cooked.

 

She sweetly smiled at them. “Omma, appa. I have something to say you guys.”

 

She went to the table and sat across from them. “I’ve been thinking about the marriage and...I decided to go along with it.”

 

They both choked on the soup and stared at her weirdly. “Wae?” Shinhye’s parents questioned at the same time.

 

Shinhye was quiet as she stared at the table and then up at them. “It’s for the best.”

 

Shinhye’s parents was confused with her answer because, “It’s for the best.” What did that even mean?


 

***


 

“SORRY” for the late update~~~ I hope to make it up to you guys by trying to update another chapter for you guys.

 

The next update will be about Yonghwa’s POV because this chapter was about Shinhye’s POV.

 

PLEASE DO COMMENT~~~ I LOVE READING ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS.


BTW~ I’m working on the next chapter already.