Arts and Crafts

Kris's little crush

It was currently arts and crafts time at the local kindergarten. At one of the tables in Joonmyeon’s classroom sat three children that were working diligently with the supplies in front of them. Teacher Joonmyeon told them to make a picture of something you liked.

Kris’s eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the crayons. He wanted this to be perfect, but he couldn’t decide what color to make the background.  It had to be amazing.

After a good 5 minutes, Kris eventually decided on a light blue crayon to fill in the white background.

Next to him, Kyungsoo had his tongue sticking out in concentration as he colored in the gray wolf on the paper.

“10 more minutes left!” their teacher called from across the room.

Kris started to panic. He didn’t want to be rushed with his picture, but he needed to get it done before the end of the day!

He quickly finished and folded it into a card.  As he wrote, the teacher started to come around to collect the drawings to hang up outside the classroom. When the teacher got to his table, Kris refused to hand over his picture.

“But Kris, don’t you want everyone to see your beautiful drawing?” the teacher cooed at him, trying to coax Kris into giving him the paper.

“No! I want to give it to someone!” Kris pouted. He didn’t want to refuse his teacher, he was brought up to be polite to all adults, but it was important that he kept it.

“And who would that be?” the teacher couldn’t help but smile. He had a feeling where this was going, having seen Kris’s antics towards his classmate from across the room.

You see, it was obvious to the teacher that Kris had a crush on the boy sitting next to him. Kris would always offer Kyungsoo the brightest of smiles, even if he didn’t seem to be in the best of moods.

Kris shyly shook his head at his teacher and stood up on his chair to whisper in his ear. “It’s for Kyungie, teacher.”

As his teacher looked over at Kyungsoo, he noticed that the small boy had been looking at the two with impatience written all over his face.

“Well, Kris,” his teacher whispered back, “It looks like Kyungsoo wants to give something to you too.”

“Really?” Kris forgot all about whispering and looked back at Kyungsoo. Said boy was startled and looked at Kris with his wide eyes.

His teacher smiled a little wider, helped the small by off the chair, and gently nudged Kris towards the boy, making hand motions towards his drawing.

Kris started to blush as he grabbed his drawing and fiddled with it. He didn’t want his Kyungie to hate him and never talk to him again.

Kyungsoo, being oblivious to the dilemma his friend was in, smiled widely at Kris.

“Here. This is for you.” Kris the paper at Kyungsoo, looking away with a furious blush on his face.

As Kyungsoo took the drawing from Kris’s hands and unfolded it, his smile dwindled.

“Erm… what is it?” Kyungsoo looked up at Kris, confused at what the drawing was.

Kris’s eyes started to water.  His teacher noticed and looked at the paper. He was going to tell Kyungsoo what it was, but as he looked at the paper, he gave it a weird look.

“Kyungsoo, Kris drew a picture of…” he trailed off. He wasn’t quite sure what it was, but as he looked to Kris, he frantically searched for anything to help him distinguish what was on the paper. That’s when he noticed the blobs sort of made a person, with a shirt that looked vaguely similar to Kyungsoo’s shirt today.

“It’s of you, Kyungsoo.” His teacher mentally patted himself on the back.

Kyungsoo looked up, glanced at his teacher and then focused on the teary boy in front of him. He smiled.

“Hyung! You like me?”

Kris nodded as he wiped his tears with his arm. He didn’t want to be seen as weak in front of his crush.

Kyungsoo’s eyes gleamed with happiness as he took his own drawing and handed it over to Kris.

“I like you too, hyung!”

Kris looked at the younger boy in shock. He couldn’t believe his crush liked him back! As he accepted the paper being held out to him, he started to smile.

Their teacher looked on and sighed. “Ah, young love.”

When it was time for all the children to leave for the day, Kris could be seen clinging to Kyungsoo as his parents try to coax him into the car.

“No! I want to play with Kyungie more!” Kris whined, not loosening his vice-like grip on the boy.

“Kris, darling, you can play with him some more tomorrow!” His parents sighed and looked at Kyungsoo’s mother. “I am terribly sorry for my son’s behavior. Would you like to come over for dinner tonight?”

Kyungsoo’s mother looked at the children and smiled. “We would be delighted!”

 

A/N:

Oh man, i hope i didn't dissapoint too many people D:
I often see stories on here with "First time writing" and I am finally one of those people...

I am so sorry.