ii

Time Forgets

ii;

            What makes it even more awkward is knowing that we’re actually going to share the same room because of the lack of space in our house. My father actually prepared the room for me, I’m quite sure of it. It wasn’t cute-looking like the way my mother would do it but rather, I see the effort.

            “Ehem.” I heard a soft groan, it was her.

            I turned my back to face her, only to find myself being so close to her. I was unaware of how close our face was, maybe about a few inches? I stepped backward to avoid a maladroit contact with her. There’s no way we could be awkward, I want both our stay here to be memorable. I don’t want to have bad memories anymore; it’s tiring to have one.

            She smiled at me before speaking, “So, you’re the one whom Abeoji is proud of the most, huh? I don’t doubt it. But why did you ignore me earlier at class?”

            “I’m embarrassed.” I answered; it wasn’t my intention to answer something as short as that. “Don’t you feel embarrassed?”

            “Why would I feel embarrassed? Nonetheless, I’m even more happy that my seat mate is actually my brother, I feel secured. Oppa?” The ‘oppa’ was highly stressed indicating a question, that time she’s probably asking if it’s okay for her to call me oppa.

            “Oppa.” I declared.

<;>

            The next few days were quite annoying on my part. Many of our classmates were curious about how Suji and I suddenly became so close with each other, and how suddenly our closeness seemed like we’ve been friends even from before, but we weren’t. I just can’t sincerely wait for Kai to come here already.

            On the bright side, other from Suji… I found myself some new friends too, and they’re quite a-lot. 4 to be exact. Kim Joon-myeon, Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol, and Do Kyungsoo. We all share the same dream, and that’s to be a famous star someday.

            “You heard right?” Baekhyun opened up a topic during our break time, “Myungsoo and Suji recently broke up with each other.”

            My eyes widen in return, I couldn’t believe what he was saying. Suji and that heartthrob Kim Myungsoo whom I find quite arrogant was actually dating each other. That was then, when I thought that me and Suji aren’t really that close in terms yet just open knowing that she haven’t opened up anything about Myungsoo to me, and how sad that is.

            “You’re close with Suji right? Is she doing well, she must not be. I mean their relationship lasted for about 2 years, if you haven’t know about that but ‘nah, I don’t think so. I’m sure your topic would always be about Myungsoo.” Joon-myeon said, but I could say nothing at all in return. In-deed I have no idea what he was talking about in the first place.

<;>

            I entered our room, ever since the minute I knew about her dating somebody it’s like I wanted to avoid her for some reason. Was I mad because she didn’t inform me? Or was I mad because she had one? I must be crazy, but really.

            During class hours, Suji wasn’t there too which was very unlikely. I heard gossips that she must be hurting because Kim Myungsoo broke up with her, or gossips like she must be happy now since she’s finally broken up with him and she’s out to celebrate. Was I perhaps the only one who didn’t knew about this one? How ridiculous and how sad.

            Upon going home, it wasn’t the same too. There was no Suji across the street walking like a cute bunny. Smiling like there’s no tomorrow, but upon realizing those few days I do wonder, were they really together? I mean. Myungsoo could have taken her home every day, Myungsoo could have eaten with her every day, and they could have walked along the hallways of the school publicly, but they didn’t. What kind of boyfriend would be like that?

<;>

            “Father, I’m home.”

            I immediately rushed to the bedroom, and I’m practicing my speech I prepared for her. Something like ‘So you’re in-love with that arrogant Kim Myungsoo I’ve been talking about, then you haven’t stopped me like even once. Or could it be that you tell Myungsoo what I’m telling you. Something like I almost say every day, “Myungsoo’s a playboy, I mean places his arms around different girls’ waists every day.” Or “Myungsoo’s dumb, he can’t just place his arms to one girl everday.” How ish is that, but really Bae Suji, what was your intention of not telling me about him?

            I opened the door, gently careful not to disturb her moment ‘inside’. But what I didn’t expect was that she was incoherently sobbing while she was talking to the phone. I closed the door pretending I didn’t hear her sobs.

            Joongki-oppa.” She said between her hard sobs. “Thank you. I’ll call you later. Tell Sang-bum I’ll be okay. Goodbye.”

            I slowly approached her, there was hesitance whether I would or I could but I didn’t care. She need me that moment, she probably needed a shelter. “Suji-yah.”

            “Hmm?”

            “How are you, today?”

            “I’m okay.” Suji said trying to hide her sobs.

            You know, it’s okay not to be okay.”

            “Why are you telling me this?” Suji asked.

            because I’ve been through much pain more than you did. That’s why I’m telling you it’s okay. It’ll be okay. Myungsoo’s just a stupid duck, like what I say.”

            She chuckled for a-bit, then she sobbed once again throwing her arms towards me. “I should’ve listened to you. I should’ve believed in you. Myungsoo’s nothing but a dumb-cheater.”

            I nodded in return, while she drowned her sobs in my white-polo. It’s okay. I couldn’t pat her back, I didn’t even know why. All I did was stand straight and let her hug me. “Let it out.”

            Myungsoo’s a dumb-duck. A really dumb one. He’s a loser in everything he do. He’s a cheater. A liar. And every guy is so much better than him.”

            I let out a soft ‘hmm’ in return, “and he’s not worth your tears.”

<;>

            Midnight finally came, and Suji was still sleeping on my lap. I could not move either, we were doing our assignments together when she suddenly fell to my lap, and that’s when I realized she fell asleep. The moonlight shone on her face and she was the most beautiful.

            She’s everything a man would ever want to have. I thought that, maybe it’s just right that I haven’t known about Myungsoo, then maybe I would have kept my thoughts about Myungsoo and never would have told her about Myungsoo’s deeds.

            “Sehun,” She mumbled on her soft sleep, “Thank you.”

            “Do you like sleeping on my lap?” I softly said.

            Hmmm.” Suji answered, “Thank you, Sehun.”

            “Don’t even think about it.” I answered in return. “I’ll be your brother, and protector from today.”

            I’ll be her shelter, I won’t let anybody harm my sister.

            I ‘ll be her guard, and knight in the shining armor upon her journey in the search of her prince.

            I’ll be.

            And I wouldn’t even dare to dream to be his prince, even when that’s what I hoped for.

            I will never cross the line, never should I.

 


Author's Note: Gomawo for reading. i hope it's okay, and do forgive me for my writing error. it's 12 o'clock in the morning. And yeah. Sorry for the late udpate.

you , I hope you leave your comment, gudae.