i

Time Forgets

i;

Sehun’s Point of View

            My life as Oh Sehun is quite simple; I dance, sing, and entertain people but when a girl came back into my life it became complicated and my life’s now quite difficult to tell. I believe that feelings doesn’t have one answer like a math question, we tend to look for reasons of liking this person and that,but when life gives you a reason not to love that person, will the reasons of loving that person prevail?

            Her name’s Bae Suji but she prefers to be called Suzy, nonetheless saying her name is a bit weird to me. And amidst the crowd of a million people, all I see is her. And I can’t even recall why.

            She tells me stories about how I was like before, and how I acted at school since we were schoolmates. She shares to me her thoughts about me from before, and she bluntly says to me that many girls were so obsessed of seeing me every day at school. Which I hopefully hope are true.

            But she’s lying to me. She told me that she was my sister. Bae Suji is my sister. And I think was once in-love with my damn sister.

            And I think I still am.

 

Now let me tell you, how we first met...

<;>

            “My name’s Oh Sehun.” I gradually introduced myself at class; I was even barely smiling at the thought of having to adjust with these people in this class. Ever since that good-for-nothing mother of mine left me with nothing I actually found myself walking back in-front of my father’s house.

            “You may seat at the empty chair beside the Class President.” The teacher pointed at the empty seat, the person beside it couldn’t care less. She wasn’t even paying attention to what I have observed, all she did was sketch in her little notebook, well then, I couldn’t care less too.

            “Bae Suji.”

            Her voice was so melodic that I thought I heard an angel sing, I turned to look at her feeling somewhat, love-struck at the first sight. I waited for her to continue, is Bae Suji a somewhat dialect here? What does that mean? “My name’s Bae Suji.”

            I couldn’t utter any word in return; I don’t know what to say back. It’s sheepishly weird to be sitting with her, and I don’t even know why.

<;>

            “Are you adjusting well there?”

            “I think I actually am.” I answered Kai’s phone call during break time, as you can see, everything’s weird for me, and ever since I sat on this seat I couldn’t even talk to any person here, my heart seems to be beating so fast that it makes me feel uneasy. “Are you sure you’re transferring to this school here, just for me?”

            “Don’t you believe it? I worry for you. Anyways, find me some pretty girls there. Okay? I gotta go, I have to finish some papers.”

            I ended the call, and shifted to the other side glancing at the sleeping Suji. She was the class president, but it didn’t seem like it. Throughout class discussions she tends to sketch beautiful creatures in a small notebook, and when the teacher calls her it seemed like she listened thoroughly to the discussion. And when it’s break time, or no teacher comes in, she tends to sleep rather than chit-chat with all those girls.

            What am I even talking about? Well, to be honest, she’s a cool kid. And I don’t mind seating beside her throughout the whole semester.

<;>

            Things haven’t changed in this town too, nostalgic feelings are being brought back, it felt like yesterday was so near. I still remember riding the bicycle together with Kai here and there. I still remember hearing cicadas during summer, and catching snowfall during winter. And mostly, I still remember my parents being lovey-dovey with each other.

            As I looked at the other side of the street, I noticed Bae Suji. Were we perhaps neighbors? I’m actually moving back to my father’s house now, since he won’t allow me to sleep in his office anymore. He has a new family actually, his new wife has one daughter with her, and her two sons are in Seoul. I have no choice, and I don’t really mind. It’s much better than having nothing to live with at all.

            I noticed at that time, at every direction I walked too, Bae Suji was going on the same direction too, though she’s walking at the opposite side. I stopped at the nearby bakery, which was built even before I was born. The baker was an old man whom used to be our butler, and then once again nostalgic feels came back to me, just maybe, I could walk back through little memories before going home.

<;>

            “Father, I’m home.” I entered my father’s house, removing my shoes. I noticed a familiar figure of a girl removing her heels, and a girl who had the same uniform with my new school. And thoughts like , ‘she must be my sister, huh?’ directly drifted to my mind.

            “Sehun-ah.” My father’s voice echoed from upstairs, and just when I’m about to go upstairs that girl turned to face at me, with her eyes widening and shock it took me about 5 seconds before I realized what was that I saw. I rubbed my eyes in return and, our faces were equidistant to each other.

            “Bae Suji?” And that was the first time I talked to her ever since our first meeting. “Right?” and that was the second time.

            And in-deed, I have a big conclusion to make,

            Bae Suji, the class president, the cool-kid at class, the one who will seat beside me throughout the whole semester, is actually my father’s step-daughter.

            My step-sister.

            My sister.

            And ever since today, I won’t look beyond that line.

            Bae Suji is my sister, and nothing more.


Author's Note: Thanks for reading, my mind actually works much better at 2-3o'clock in the morning, and that might be the reason of some spelling and grammatical erros too. Yeah, I still have to memorize something, thanks to those who left a comment, to those who subscribed, and to those who upvoted too. I will do my best.

you, I hope you leave your feedback, gudae.