Of Escape Routes and Popcorn

Run Away With Me

 

Chapter 2

 

 

A soft breeze blew just as Ara hopped off of the bus making Yooguen giggle on her shoulder as he clutched to some of her hair. Ara turned to her left and and started skipping, making Yoogeun bounce lightly on her shoulder. So get out get out get out of my head and fall into my arms instead~ She sang. I don't I don't don't know what it is, but I need that One Thing. You got that One Thing~ Yoogeun and her continued happily. This was how they would spend most of their time. They would take leisurely strolls to no where in particular while singing some random songs. It wasn't because she didn't have any friends to spend her time with, she actually has a lot. Almost all of the teachers and majority of the students adored her to be honest. Despite this though, she preffered spending time with baby Yoogeun more than them. He was her everything. He is her everything. So drifting away from her baby brother in any way or form is a just a BIG NO NO. 

 "NOONA, LOOK!" Yoogeun yelled while pulling some of Ara's hair making the older hiss. She ignored the slight sting though and looked at the direction her brother was pointing at. A childlike zest suddenly went through her body, her dark hazel orbs glistening in glee as she stared agape at the flashing lights, multi colored sparklers and balloons of a carnival sitting on the dock. This was one of the perks of living near the sea. "NOONA, CAN WE GO? I WANNA GO!" Yoogeun yelled again. He was bouncing himself up and down on her shoulder while shaking his noona's head. "Yah. Stop that." Ara commanded but the excitement Yoogeun was feeling was a little too much to control. "Aish! Neh, neh, neh. We'll go! Now stop pulling!" Ara hissed. Yoogeun on the otherhand, stopped what he was doing and smiled in victory. "Yah! Noona! Let's gooooo!" Yoogeun screamed again.

Ara put Yoogeun down and they started walking, hand in hand, towards the carnival. When they were by the dock, Yoogeun started jumping up and down in excitement while walking. While on the other hand, Ara was enjoying herself. The sound of the waves hitting the shore, the scent of the sea and the sea breeze felt nice against her skin. It was great contrast to the humid air of the restaurant kitchen, the hectic hallways of school and the grubby and greasy garage where she worked at.

They were now in front of the Carnival gate entrance.The flashing lights got brighter, music was booming louder, the shrieks of joy seemed happier and less scary. It was mood lightening and both Ara and Yoogeun's adrenaline was slowly rising. Smiles plastered on the siblings' vibrant faces as they walked in. The fascinating stalls, colorful balloons and a huge sea of people that greeted them all seemed so animated. 

Ara put Yoogeun back on her shoulder, urging him to hold on as she took a step, then another, then another until she started running, Yoogeun carefully hanging onto her as he bounced even more on her shoulder. They explored the carnival, eating cotton candy, corndogs, nachos, pretzels and popcorn every chance they get. Playing different mini games the stalls offered and winning some prizes like big teddy bears and some random collectibles. They also rode some rides together. But they only went on the little ones since Yoogeun wasn't allowed to ride the big ones.

"Here you go" The lady said handing Ara a big, red power ranger plushie. She smiled and took it. This was her 5th win and Yoogeun was jumping up and down in joy, extending his hands and wiggling his fingers making Ara giggle as she handed it to him. Once Yoogeun got his hands on the plushie, he immiately gave it a death hug making Ara giggle some more. Ara grabbed the plastic bag that had all their toys and collectibles and ushered Yoogeun to sit on one of the empty benches by the railling that over looked the sea. They sat down and looked over at the sea, Yoogeun standing up and holding on the railling while Ara merely turned her body slightly. They both watched the waves as they took a deep breath, inhaling the clean air. 

"Noona?" Yoogeun suddenly said. Ara turned her head to look at her baby brother "Neh?" "Can we do this again?" He asked, slight longing was evident and Ara didn't fail to notice it. She smiled sadly at her brother and nodded making her brother smile. It had been a long time since they did something like this. Sure they spent a lot of time together but most of the time they would spend it at home, watching some cartoons or children's movies like Toy Story or Monsters Inc and mostly just walking around if Ara wasn't busy and working at the garage fixing some cars of waiting or cooking at the restaurant while Yoogeun would patiently wait for her while he drew or played with some kids near by. "Yeah, we can.."

 

~*~

 

Sehun huffed, kicking anything that was near him. Sehun was annoyed, upset and irritated beyond belief. How could his parents do that to him? Just selling him off like that. He walked over to his bed and let himself fall on it. He grabbed his pillow and screamed into. "UGGHHHHHHHHHHH!" He turned himself over and started punching his bed. "Son, me and your father are going out to plan the wedding with the Hans. Stay in the house and be good." Mrs. Oh's voice suddenly said. Sehuns topped punching his bed and turned over to her with an even more annoyed look. How he wanted to punch the day lights out of her and his father. "Can't I at least go out to meet my friends?" He asked. The desperation oozing in every word. "You can spend some time with them but you guys can hang out here. Since I do miss Luhan. That boy is just adorable!" She said happily. Sehun groaned and lied down on his bed, Mrs. Oh taking this as her que to live. "BYE NOW SWEETIE!" She shouted before closing the door.

 

~*~

 

"And she left? Just like that?" Luhan asked in disbelief. He and the rest of EXO came over to hang out with Sehun and the maknae was just telling them about the marrage. "Pretty much, yeah." Sehun replied nonchalantly but inside, he wanted to scream, shot and break anything within his reach. "Damn." Kai muttered, Kyungsoo and Jongdae nodding in agreement. Xiumin, Chen and Chanyeol were sitting quietly. The three of them came from a ver loving and care free family so they really didn't know how or why Sehun's parents could just do that to him. While Luhan, Lay and Baekhyun offered him some comfort and advice since their families were also protective but not to extent of locking them in the house. Kris being the mature leader butted in "What are you going to do about it?" he asked and this question got Sehun thinking. What is he going to do about it? Is he going to let it go like how he always does ot is he going to rebel, to rise up and finally oppose his parents? "Well?" Kris pushed on. Sehun looked at each of his friends then looked directly into Kris' eyes. "I'm going to run away." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

September 7, 2013 1:48 p.m.

1231 words