.....

Message in the bottle

"Yes, Noona. No i am just need something to refresh my mind. Works are too much recently... Ne, I;ll hang up now." I put my phone in my pocket when my older sister voice said farewell words, From the window of the bus next to where i sit. I able to see the ocean i missed for three years.

 

“If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her---then don't let her go.”  it was what my older sister told me because she knew that even i dated a few of good girls, i never looked happy as i am with her but again.. it;s too late isn;t it? She married someone else three years ago. It;s not fair if i come in the middle of a happy family and runaway with someone else's wife beside i;ve never really sure she loves me or not.

 

but this feeling? it;s never change, never will. 

 

It was the time, when we really over, I said to my self. The driver told me and the rest to prepare our stuff because it’s near to where the bus stop. I smiled to the man who sat beside me.

 

“It seems like it’s not your first time here, right?” He said friendly to me. I nodded and smile. Yes it’s not my first, it’s my third time. This man seems younger than me maybe two or one year younger. “It’s Sehun. Oh Sehun” he said while giving his hand.

 

I reached his hand and do the handshake. “Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.” Was all i could say because the bus door already open. “It’s nice to know you but i should go soon.” I said, he nodded his head to me.

 

I let out a heavy sigh before taking my backpack in my shoulder. The smell doesn’t change, the memories doesn;t go anywhere and the feeling is still here, It just i don’t know  where is she and how well is her condition.

 

I ordered a room weeks ago before i got here, to make sure that i have a place to stay while i am in three-days vacation. It’s not that real vacation. All i want to do here was bringing everything i lost even it;s impossible.

 

The receptionist gave me the key and i went to my floor by lift. My room is not so big but it looks comfortable for me. I suddenly remember about my first time being here. It was a summer vacation trip that my school held. All the students from junior class and senior are joining the trip and it was my first time in my life that i found out what love means. The first time in my life that i fallin in love, the first time in my life that i finally know how powerful Krystal Jung name is.

 

It was our second day trip at that time. I went with the rest of my buddies to the beach, there are four girls who played voley ball and they all were my juniors. I like joke, it’s born with me, and i love to express everything too much that’s why people called me king of reaction but all i did when i was meeting her is stupid silly and must be nothing to her.

 

The voley ball was accidentally hitting my head and there was one person who ran towards, i expected a sorry coming from her but all she said at that time is “Can you pass the ball?”

 

I need to arrange words before i could finally speak to her and yes it sounded silly at the time “No, if you want this ball tell me your name.”

 

The girl chuckled and gave me a bloody cold stare that could freeze you anytime soon and all i wanted to do at the time was knowing her name so i am staring at her as well.

 

“My name is nothing to do with the ball.” She said cooly. One of my bestfriend baekhyun was boo-ing me and laughing with the rest of my buddies.

 

“I know, Your name is a billion more expensive than this ugly ball.”

 

Maybe it took like 10 or 15 minutes arguing the ball or the name because one of her friend finally came up with a sorry look towards me. “I am sorry sunbaenim, we didn;t mean to hit you.” She said.

 

“You said we didn;t mean it and you keep saying sorry?”She dislike her friend’s sorry towards me who made me think how can junior be so rude in front of senior.

“ It;s not your fault, she;s right. You don’t need to sorry it;s all her fault. So can you say sorry to me, miss?”
 

“Soojung-ah just say sorry to him?” her friends told her.

 

“So your name is Soojung, good name you got there.”

 

“It;s Krystal, okay. Pleasure? Now pass the ball.” As soon as i passed the ball to her, i knew that it wasn’t only ball she took from me but my heart.

 

And we become close from that moment onwards or it was me whose trying to be close but no matter how much we comfortable to say each other name at that time, i never know why i could be so stupid. How can i didn’t say anything about my feeling during my graduation.

 

People's feeling they all are unexpected but it surprising to the point happiness and sadness are limited with a slight line.All of my seniors know it too, so today i hope even we all are sad that we’re going to say goodbye to you. I hope you are all happy because there’s future waiting on you, waiting on me, waiting for all of us.

 

She’s pretty, smart and perfect but me? I didn’t go to famous state university, i didn’t went to a major where all succesful people coming from. And i saw one of my friend approaching her and kissed her cheecks and since that time i never really know who am i to her and since at that time i never talk to her.

 

I go to the beach, to the place where i throw my feeling during my second visit here. My second visit was during her engagement. I remember how Amber told me sympaticly that she was going to marry someone i knew. Everyone knew it hard for me, but it was her wedding and someone i knew wedding as well, so even it’s hard. I came up, i didn’t know how to act at that time. I didn’t say to my self it was my false either, i just think that maybe everything that were about happen it was something that should be happen. So even i felt it wasn’t right, i let it go.

“You came.” Was what she said when we met the first time after graduation. She looked really mature, really pretty and really perfect for my eyes.

 

“Hmm... it’s your engagement.” I said at that time.”I never know you’re gonna marry earlier than me.” I joked even it sounded bitter.

 

“Chanyeol-ssi. Luhan nice, he loves me and he told me he loves me. He never get tired of saying his love to me.” She told me at that time. I could only nodded. I never get tired to tell you i love you, but you too far too reach, was all i could think about that but rather than that i let that sinking in my heart and unsaid.

 

“Enjoy your stay, i hope you meet someone who deserve you. Someone who can understand you, someone who can be your very best lady in the altar with you” She said calmly before left me with a smile, with a smile that not same as what she usually gave me, that smile feels bitter.

 

I am walking  near to the water, feeling the miss, feeling the lost, feeling everything about her because she always likes water when it;s coming from beach. I remember again the moment when someone threw something here in the water.

He puts the letter in the bottle, throw it as far as he can. Wishing it sinking perfectly like the feeling he buried deep down.

I can imagine that someone standing beside me throwing a bottle with message inside, yelling at his lost. Yelling at his failures to get his happiness, yelling as the reality of his future that couldn’t be share with someone he loved and all i could do now was smiling. Because that man is me.

 

I closed my eyes, feeling the air that smelling really nice. People around me might be think i am crazy, because my tall-figure is something that couldn’t be hide easily but i don’t care anymore. Being in here as same as looking at her smile or as same as the scent that i love to feel. I open my eyes when something hard kicks my leg and it was a bottle. White transparent bottle with the paper inside, i smiled as i looked into it. This person might be as crazy as me, because after so many years i spent since he threw the message, the feeling never sinking, never.

 

I am wondering whose threw the ball but behind me is no one but a girl who walking to the surface, her hair is black and her figure is smiliar. It was taking a minutes before i dare to imagine something that miracle if happens. Before she walk even further, i open the bottle and read the message.

I miss you, P.C.Y- J.S.J

 

It takes a minute prepare my self to open the bottle, but it takes only a second to reach that girl. I take her left hand to make her look into me and miracle does happen. It was her.

 

“Chanyeol-ssi.” She said surprised by my sudden action and my sudden presences as well. She looked into my eyes, my figure and lastly my hands who held a bottle she just throwing. “I need to go.”

 

“Why are you here?”I take her hands again, to make sure she didn;t go anywhere. “Is Luhan hyung here?” I look around and it seems like we are only the one who standing in this beach.

 

“You should just let me go, please.” She said in the middle of crying and all i could just do is let go because it seems like i hurt her hand.

 

There was a silence before i decided to ask her again. “Why are you here?”

 

“I live here.” She answered shortly.

 

“Ah, So Luhan hyung here too. I thought you live in China, he said he’s going take you there at your engagement. I am sorry i didn;t go to your wedding. It;s too far from here.”

 

“There’s no wedding. He’s in China, the wedding is off for our own good.”She said finally after a long silence between us. I couldn;t say anything because i don’t really get what she means.

 

Before i ask her something to make me understand, she continued her sentences “Her mother doesn;t like me from the very beginning but he lied to me, She is sick a day before the wedding. Her last wish was to make sure i don’t marry him.”

 

“Soojung-ah.” I tried to find a suitable words to make her better but sometimes all i need to do just an act, so rather than confusing my mind with suitable words. I pulled her close into my chest and resting my chin in top of her head.

 

“So i don’t. Luhan keeps calling me, he said that it’s not my false. That we both have a chance to be a happy family but he didn;t know how her mom begged to me. He doesn;t know her last words.”

 

“It;s okay.” I replied shortly trying so hard not to let any tear coming out from my eyes.

 

She let her body from me and look into my eyes. I smile to her to make sure she can always count on me. She doesn’t talk, she’s continued putting her head in my chest which makes me comfortable.

 

“I miss you.” I said, the worlds slips out of my mouth but i don’t regret it. She pulled me closer and i never feel any relief feeling in such a long periode. “What did her last word?” I asked because it’s weird that She can agree with her words just like that.

 

“She said something.. I think she’s right. You don’t need to know.” She answered.

 

“But i want to know.” I said smiling playfuly. It seems weird that i am happy she doesn’t marry Luhan. It’s bad that i don’t feel sorry at all.

 

“She knows about someone i love.”she said in sad voice and continued.”She said about Luhan’s life that might be horrible because my feeling for him is not as much as my feeling towards someone.”

 

“It’s... me?” i asked slowly, it was a long silence before she finally decided to nod her head.

 

“I thought she was right, so i agree and make a decision.” She answered and looked into my eyes as she paused her words. I know that somehow, every step I took since the moment I could walk was a step towards finding you.” 

 

And her words are beautiful and i touch, i don’t be able to say anything at this time. All i wanted to do was hold her closer than skin to skin. I want to let her know about my feeling about all the less sleep i’ve been trough because of the thought of her, the hard minutes, days, years i passed after the graduation. I want to let her know everything but all i could do was pulled her closer, hug her.

“I love you, Always have and Always will. I’m sorry for taking years to say this.” I said and she nodded her head. It was beautiful day and I have come to realize that destiny can hurt a person as much as it can bless them, and I find myself wondering why--out of all the people in all the world I could ever have loved--I had to fall in love with someone who was taken away from me.

 

 

******

 

It might be the longest one shot i ever made for this account, i don't really sure it turns out pretty good and i don't really sure people will give a time to read kkkk. A few quotes that be bolded was taking by the original one version of Nicholas Sparks art's 'Message in A Bottle" but theres a few words that mine.